Protector

Americans bringing everybody down

Writing down an observation

What a paaaaaaaaaain, the TV people are already trying to scare everyone with their terrorists and economy and something else. I don't want that stuff to bring me down even if it really does affect me.

But then, most of these things happen in the US and I'm not from the US and yet I'm supposed to do something to change the US. Why should I even care about the US, I don't. Yet everywhere I go I have to hear whining about the gun laws and how the politicians far away are so freaking evil.

I don't even watch TV anymore, and yet I still hear the same stuff from the USans. The TV brainwashing experiment worked.

It's always something like, "We have to do something!" "Should we do something?"

Oh wait, I don't, keep walking.

• Like 2

It is psychological warfare to control / manipulate the population, keeping the masses in a state of perpetual terror = survival mode... people aren't able to access higher reasoning.

Welcome to 1984.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 7

Well Protector, now you are beginning to understand how I feel about all that stuff. And yes, I have to live with it.

It is psychological warfare to control / manipulate the population, keeping the masses in a state of perpetual terror = survival mode... people aren't able to access higher reasoning.

Welcome to 1984.

...because of big government in bed with big banks in bed with big business...

"we have an obligation to our shareholders"

which became the obligation to loot the public in order to keep up appearances.

and in order to try and make the resultant chaos as small of an impact as possible, its only prudent to take the plebes guns away.

yeah, must be all that defense spending :rolleyes: (not that we need to sustain that amount by any rational assesment either, but its still being touted as the main driver while at the same time being overshadowed by sacred cows that keep the plebes pacified while their rights are stripped away)

Spending%20Q1%20TBAC_0.jpg

• Like 3

If you don't care about everything that's happening in the world, why are you caring so much about everything that's happening in the world?

• Like 3

i just laugh my way through it

seriously. it may make me a sociopath but i literally laugh and roll my eyes just about every time i look at the news just because in this world if i let myself get down from one thing it spirals out of control and i feel like shit all day

so i just don't. lol

I went to visit one of my friends yesterday and he said he has totally stopped watching national news. He said that it is too depressing listening to all the BS and lies national media is force-feeding us.

(I stopped a long time ago.)

• Like 1

I would stay clear of the news, at least the tabloid type ones here are full of stories of extreme violence all the time, when I am mindful when reading them I feel a lot of fear rising which distorts my general perception of what other people are really like. It's like some sort of constant re-enactment of collective trauma being perpetrated through the media.

• Like 3

When I said bad TV, you imagined Foxnews and CNN, didn't you? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

More brainwashing

What tv do you mean ? I quite like a lot of the shows made by HBO, I guess that's the advantage of living abroad you get all the good American tv and can cut out a lot of the crap, while in exchange we give you Piers Morgan and Simon Cowell, I think you have a right to be pissed off at that exchange.

• Like 1

Okay, I feel I should express myself a little more simply because of the thread title.

There are a lot of really wonderful Americans. America has a lot of wealthy philanthrophists.

It is the institutions we are talking about here. And while it is true it is we, the Americans, who have allowed these institutions to become corrupt, it is because we Americans have, in the most part, a very gifted nation with many resources. It is because we Americans have been fortunate that we have allowed the institutions to become what they are. Smaller, less fortunate nations would be having civil wars and revolts now.

...because of big government in bed with big banks in bed with big business...

"we have an obligation to our shareholders"

which became the obligation to loot the public in order to keep up appearances.

and in order to try and make the resultant chaos as small of an impact as possible, its only prudent to take the plebes guns away.

yeah, must be all that defense spending :rolleyes: (not that we need to sustain that amount by any rational assesment either, but its still being touted as the main driver while at the same time being overshadowed by sacred cows that keep the plebes pacified while their rights are stripped away)

Spending%20Q1%20TBAC_0.jpg

I thought I saw somewhere that we spend over 600 billion a year on defense. This does not seem to reflect that. :\

Oh, that's just quarter 1 . . . So we spend over twice as much on health and human services and social security administration than we do on defense?

I'm suddenly more proud to be an American. ;)

Edited by Green Tiger

Sorry for the offense. :( If it eases your mind at all, I'm feeling more optimistic about the situation today! :) Why? Because the Tao tends toward balance, so the radicals will never win. :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

:) Why? Because the Tao tends toward balance, so the radicals will never win. :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Yea!!!

Happy back at cha'.

Banks, Gov, Business, Media (International)

^ All the same - "Religion" plays a significant part in it also.

If you seriously reduce everything down, religion is the cancer,...while banking, business, media, etc are merely symptoms.

Show Christianity for the meme it is, and Islam and Judeaism will crumble behind it,...thus bringing an end the disease of theism, and bring on a birthing of Human Beingness. As Buddhism and Taoism are by nature, not religions,...those who currently approach Buddhism and Taoism as belief systems, will begin to advance what Buddhism and Taoism actually point to,...a consciousness beyond sentient thinking.

Edited by Vmarco

It plays a role to be sure, but I have to disagree about Theism being the central problem.

Although it may not have existed on the same scale as it does now in the American Corptocracy, the Elite monopoly of social influence and wealth/resources was the story of the day in ancient Tibet and China as well. The greater awareness that traditions like Dzogchen can bequeath onto a person can give you greater insight, but said insight needs to then be applied to solving the aforementioned physical problems if you want real change.

• Like 1

I don't watch the main channels TV news here any more and never really watched it that much before I gave up.

BBC news on TV seemed especially bad. They would introduce a 'news' item then maybe show a short clip of what it was about and then cut back to the studio where the newscaster would talk interminably some 'expert' or other, quite often one of the BBCs own correspondents.

Breaking news these days I can find here on t'internet and the views of forum posters on big stories are far more amusing and sometimes informative than anything any old BBC 'expert' I ever listened to; came up with.

When Reg Presley of the Troggs died this past week it was online in minutes, the day after on TV and two days before the sad 'news' appeared in the newspapers.

• Like 3

Cripes, the issue is power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That is the root issue with any of these entities or situations! Dont point at the branches and call 'em roots. Belief in God isnt the reason power corrupts, it is the craving and abuse of it and the resultant high that is the reason. I mean if the bottom line is controlling people, then that goes right back to the abuse of power, not religion or believing in this or that.

• Like 5