GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

“Too lazy to be ambitious,
I let the world take care of itself.

Ten days' worth of rice in my bag;
a bundle of twigs by the fireplace.
Why chatter about delusion and enlightenment?

Listening to the night rain on my roof,
I sit comfortably, with both legs stretched out.”

~ Ryōkan

• Like 7

"They say your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. Of course it does, it's called living."

Quote from a program about Terry Pratchett I happen to be watching right now.

• Like 3

"Not everybody gets corrupted. You have to have a little faith in people." - Woody Allen 

Edited by Cool Ranch
  • Like 1

Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.

Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

• Like 3

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” ~ Steve Jobs

• Like 2

The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things.

The colour of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. 

The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night;

The mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind. 

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 2

"If you wish to gain merit and become one with the divine, then develop your virtue and extend it to the world.
Let go of all conflict and strife.
Practice unswerving kindness and unending patience. Avoid following impulses and pursuing ambitions which destroy the wholness of your mind.
Neither become obsessed with circumstances, nor forego awareness of them.
To manage the mind, know that there is nothing, and relinquish all attchment."

• Like 2

"We are Shiva, but we are also Shakti.

We are perfect, but we are also imperfect.

We are the eternal Reality, but we are also the ephemeral image It projects on Its own screen.

We are indeed the Dreamer, but we are also the dream.

We are entitled to say, "I am Shiva," but so long as the Shakti-mind exists, it must sing the song of love and devotion to its Lord."

-The Supreme Self, Swami Abhayananda

• Like 6

“Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.” – Will Smith

"Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like."  – Will Smith

Edited by Cauvery
  • Like 2

Chief Quimby: "Congratulations, Gadget, I don't know how you did it."

Inspector Gadget: "Thanks, Chief. Uh, what did I do?"

• Like 3

You need not try so hard. If you trust the inner self, then you grow as a flower grows. The flower grows correctly, and it does not say to itself, "I must grow two inches, so help me, by tomorrow night at twilight!" A flower is, and it allows itself to grow, and it is sure of its Is-ness and of the spirit of All-That-Is within it.

Now, goodness is as natural as a flower that grows. If a flower stopped when the sun was shining down upon it, however, and if it began to consider and said - "Wait! Should I grow to the left, or should I grow to the right? Is it good that the sun shines down on me, or is it too easy for me to grow in the light of the sun, and therefore should I attempt to grow instead in the darkness? Should I grow two inches to the right, or two inches to the left? I must strive to grow! I must develop an ego and an intellect, and I must try to reach that sun that is God and I must work hard to because if I do not strive, I shall not achieve - and I must achieve!"

But, beside our intellectual, conscientious flower is an idiot of a flower! And the idiot of a flower stands and feels the sun upon its face and opens up its leaves and says, "This is the sun, and it is good within me; it is the spirit of growth, and I'll follow it and give it freedom; and I care not whether I grow to the right or to the left, for in perfect trust with the spirit within me, I know I shall grow correctly."

And so it grows, our idiot flower, and it grows from within. And it is perfect and it is straight, but beside it is our intellectual and spiritual flower. And this flower says, "Again! Three o'clock in the afternoon, the shadows are coming and the shadows ore evil, and this sun is fading, and the night is coming, and the night is evil; and I must consider how best I can confound these adversaries ... and it is easy to fail and not use my abilities and not to grow!"

And lo and behold, in the morning the sun rises, and what do we find? Our idiot flower in full bloom in the morning sun and our other flower with one leaf drooped down like this, and one leaf curled up like this, and head down, still considering the nature of good and evil and not trusting the spirit of vitality which is within it; and therefore, not listening to the inner voice ... but questioning at every point and at every hour; "In which way shall I go? Shall I accept the sunlight or the rain? Or are these evil forces?" And telling itself over and over again that to grow is difficult and to die is easy. Telling itself over and over and over - in metaphysical terms - that to be good is difficult and to be evil is easy.

Seth

Sorry that its so long.

But this is Wu Wei, isnt it?

I am really into the Seth Material again lately

Edited by phil48
  • Like 3

A friend told me the following quote long time back.  I am not sure who said this.

"You can 'Live' your way into 'Right Thinking'.  But you cannot 'Think' your way into 'Right Living', that's not possible."

Only by doing the right actions we can live the right way and have the right thinking.  Mere knowledge of books and thinking without acting on them, can never produce any results.

• Like 2

"The boat moves in the water,

but water should never enter into it.

Though one lives in the world,

the world should not occupy one’s mind.

Not like a boat’s sail, outspread wide and worn away by wind and weather,

but like the humble anchor, sunk in the vast ocean’s depth,

the mind should plunge and settle in the heart of wisdom." ~Muruganar

• Like 4

"The lotus is a flower that grows in the mud.

The thicker and deeper the mud, the more beautiful the lotus blooms."

• Like 4

"In whatever form a devotee desires with faith to worship, it is I alone who inspire him with constancy therein, and depending on that faith he seeks the propitiation of that God, obtaining the object of his wishes as is ordained by me alone." ~Krishna

• Like 1

"God has not created us for self-dominion, but as instruments of his wonder."

"I am a string in the concert of God's joy."

"I, God, press through your branches into the sap and bear fruit on your boughs. For it is the young tree grown out of the old root which shall illuminate what the old tree has been in its wonders." ~Jacob Boehme

• Like 3

A quote from a person explaining why he uses quotes:

Why do we even use quotes.  Use the verses of others, or words from scriptures?   Those who do this are labeled as parrots.   I confess that I have called people parrots that quote this and that.  I still do at times.  While at the same time, I use quotes and parrot a lot myself.

So, why I do I use quotes of other people or from scriptures?  In order to explain this, I am going to quote another person that explained this beautifully on the following quote.  

"Some people say you should not use quotes.  It is bad.  I will tell you why I use the quotes.  The message I convey with the quotes is something that I want to say to you.  It is part of my life and I have experienced it.  I want to convey this message in my own words.  But, these quotes say what I want to say in a better way, than if I used my own words.   Therefore, I see value in quotes and I use them"

Edited by Cauvery
  • Like 1

“The only moral lesson which is suited for a child--the most important lesson for every time of life--is this: 'Never hurt anybody.” 

---Jean-Jacques Rousseau 

• Like 2

"Go, my friend, seek your goal by sifting the pure from the false and seize hold of that which has survived the centuries and emerged progressive and intact, not as a hoary belief to be venerated but as a positive path of action and reaction. This path does exist, it exists everywhere and in every age, yet it hides itself from the unready, the sensation-seekers and the self-indulgent. It is a hard path and one of total commitment and absolute discipline. Its reward is extinction." ~Rafael Lefort

• Like 1