GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

And what if you are riding an ass?

'Spiritual sickness is like looking for an ass while riding an ass. Who's the ass? YOU'RE THE ASS!'

Marblehead - 21st century Daobum

• Like 6

'Spiritual sickness is like looking for an ass while riding an ass. Who's the ass? YOU'RE THE ASS!'

Aw thank you!  Man I needed that this morning.

Awesome!

• Like 1

:o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

"Most important things in meditation training: lengthen attention span, reduce the yappy ego, reduce attachment.

Least important things: experiencing energy flows, sensations of being charged with power, all that."
-rett

• Like 3

"Quotes online, all the best information from history's most successful individuals all in a few sentences rather than a few books, practice repetitive memorization and application until the point of internalization"

:D

• Like 1

"Try to keep living until you die."  -  Marblehead

grin...that's more than most people are able to.

"He who said that you can't buy happiness, forgot to mention that you can stop selling it"

my son

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 6

My son sleeps often out on one of our sofas in the living room instead of his room.

So he wakes up while I'm setting up tea and such

the other day, he opened his eyes, rolled over to look at me and said:

"just be yourself... it's the only thing you're perfect at..."

• Like 9

The aim of far too many teachings these days is to make people "feel good," and even some Buddhist teachers are beginning to sound like New Age apostles. Their talks are entirely devoted to validating the manifestation of ego and endorsing the "rightness" of our feelings, neither of which have anything to do with the teachings we find in the pith instructions. So, if you are only concerned about feeling good, you are far better off having a full body massage or listening to some uplifting or life-affirming music than receiving dharma teachings, which were definitely not designed to cheer you up. On the contrary, the dharma was devised specifically to expose your failings and make you feel awful.

~ Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche

• Like 8

Ever present

Never twice the same

Ever Changing

Never less than whole

~Robert Irwin

Robert is a good Taoist.

He sure seems to be, looked into him a bit more.  He's a local boy here... artist.

I've been going to the Getty Museum for 16 years and never noticed that quote etched in sidewalk of the entrance into the garden. 

I likely would have continued to walk past it indefinitely except this time, I was lingering nearby and overheard an elderly chap reading it to his wife who couldn't make out the words.

How intricately interwoven that her loss of sight should bring me a gift of wisdom, through her husband.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

We shall study every philosophy, search through all the scriptures, consult every teacher and practice all spiritual exercises until our minds are swollen with the whole wisdom of the world. But in the end we shall return to the surprising fact that we walk, eat, sleep, feel and breathe, that whether we are deep in thought or idly passing the time of day, we are alive. And when we can know just that to be the supreme experience of religion we shall know the final secret and join in the laughter of the gods. For the gods are laughing at themselves.

~~Alan Watts

• Like 8

I'm Alive

song by Adam Watts

I think sums up in song format what Alan is saying in your posted quote.

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 1

We shall study every philosophy, search through all the scriptures, consult every teacher and practice all spiritual exercises until our minds are swollen with the whole wisdom of the world. But in the end we shall return to the surprising fact that we walk, eat, sleep, feel and breathe, that whether we are deep in thought or idly passing the time of day, we are alive. And when we can know just that to be the supreme experience of religion we shall know the final secret and join in the laughter of the gods. For the gods are laughing at themselves.

~~Alan Watts

... purr!

>^.^<

• Like 2

For the sake of our peace, the thought

'They are just doing their thing'

is a powerful remedy to anger and anxiousness.

• Like 1

How about with you Mh?

I try very hard to make sure "my thing" does not interfere with others.  But then, sometimes when I go out and about and someone tries to mess with me all limiters are removed.

• Like 1

For the sake of our peace, the thought

'They are just doing their thing'

is a powerful remedy to anger and anxiousness.

Yes, I vote for 'my sanity' over 'my anger' (or 'their anger').

• Like 1

Peter Sellers as the Pink Panther was caught urinating in the sink of a ladies rest room and was confronted by a women of a certain age that the room was for ladies only to which he replied " So is this my dear, (by implication his male member)  but I pass water thru my thing from time time too!"

witnessing perceiving the world, our thoughts and feelings as objects separate from Self.

It is the beginning of relational self inquiry, chosen or not.

it would take me a very long time to remotely understand these words.

very foreign to me.and I am not even sure how I go about dissecting.comprehending.

and I am not sure I like the subject matter-complex indeed.

"it is much  simpler to examine outside my windows at birds and simple joys from nature."

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 1

“You must not expect to be “perfect.” Your ideas of perfection mean a state of fulfillment beyond which there is no future growth, and no such state exists.”

— Jane Roberts, Seth, The Nature of Personal Reality

• Like 2