GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"What you doing Elmer?"

"Why I am performing a alchemical process involving hot water in transforming ceramics and metal under constrained conditions."

"Washing the dishes with the wife?"

long  pause

"Uh yup"

• Like 3

Saintly & Wise>

Rara, on 08 Dec 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:snapback.png

... I can now say, and hear it from me - there is nothing better than a slower, more empty life.

Appreciate the empty spaces in life and use them to cultivate kindness. In the world, despite there being so many wonderful things, there is so much chaos and hurt. Hear it from me...people don't want to be lectured, nor do they want to fight...but they may not know another way. Let's not try and change the world, that's futile, but we can always be the best that we can be. Bring kindness, it comes from a place inside that will lead to one's own longevity, whilst making others feel good. What a nice life for everyone!

• Like 5

Paramahamsa Hariharananda...

" MISTAKE is not for MISTAKE!  MISTAKE is for CORRECTING! "

I love this quote because we are all prone to mistakes and as simple as this message is it is profound.

People myself included will make a mistake and out of stubborn refusal to acknowledge it,  give it a life and a power that it never had to begin with and yes even let it dominate our lives for years.

To me this quote means Okay you made a mistake take the shot to the heart and admit it, own it, live with it and move on continuing to serve a mistake with our life is the biggest mistake of all, now quit being lazy and correct it.

When it comes to practices it is a reminder to always watch our own practice and when a mistake creeps in correct it immediately.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 3

well from my little understanding of cats--

they can fend for themselves with hunting for their own food. I am sure some get very domesticated and made to be indoor

pets along with declawing and striped of their own innate skills.

how are you giving your cat total freedom?

this is how I give my cat total freedom.

I just grin in delight that  on our Christmas tree again for the second or third year is a glittery dill pickle!

I kid you not!

the cat likes the tree

• Like 1

“If you can’t regulate your own emotional temperature, you’ll regulate everyone around you to keep yourself comfortable.”

David Schnarch

• Like 5

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. That is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Mark Twain

• Like 2

"You are not cosmic princesses and princes who come down here to immerse yourselves in lives of sorrow and degradation; who wear physical bodies of great weight, gross and sinful. You are spirits who express yourselves through the miraculous joy of flesh. Who bring to the Universe a reality unknown, in your terms. Who wear as your badge of identity, joy and exultation; and those that tell you that physical life is evil, do not know what they are speaking."

"As I have told you before, those who speak to you in terms of guilt; ignore them. Those who tell you that to be spiritual is not to be physical do not understand the great physical-spiritual nature of your being. They have not dreamed in their minds. They have not sparkled in themselves like stars and so experiencing night they think that existence is dark."

"Open up your eyes and perceive your reality and that will lead you to other realities. You have legs; use them. You have consciousness; use it. You have minds; use them, and use your joy and smile. You know what I am about to do now, but for you, listen to the vitality of your own being. Be alert to your own identity and let it ring throughout the reality of your own being and it will lead you to what you want to do and don't fear shadows."

Seth

Edited by phil48
  • Like 1

34583.jpg

“Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.”

Looks like I still need a "No Thank You" button.  Oh well.

"The stronger and more capable we become, the more able we are to do our divine work in this and all the worlds. We fashion our own destiny with honed will and clear intention, and thus we can shape the world through conscious action rather than haphazard stumbling." Casting Sacred Space by Ivo Dominguez 

Looks like I still need a "No Thank You" button.  Oh well.

interesting, and when did your departure away from nietsche occur?

or perhaps i have misinterpreted nietsche; you are saying that he was all for embracing complacency and normalcy?

just join in and follow the herd and accept that normalcy is what nietsche was saying?

trample flowers and stay on the path the herd follows?

i have to say no thank you to that, but call me crazy

interesting, and when did your departure away from nietsche occur?

or perhaps i have misinterpreted nietsche; you are saying that he was all for embracing complacency and normalcy?

just join in and follow the herd and accept that normalcy is what nietsche was saying?

trample flowers and stay on the path the herd follows?

i have to say no thank you to that, but call me crazy

I think what we are having here is a misunderstanding of concepts.

Your understanding of Nietzsche is good.  That's not the problem.  I think the problem is our understanding of the concept "normality".

My normality has walkways (paved roads) but there are flowers all around.  It is that way normally.

I am normally different from the herd animal.  I do my own thing normally.

But I still don't like the quote.  Hehehe.

• Like 2

Your task is not to foresee the future, but to enable it.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Writer and Aviator

• Like 2

"Those who live in the realization of their oneness with the Infinite Power become magnets to attract to themselves a continual supply of whatever things they desire. Those who are truly wise and who use the forces and powers with which they are endowed-to them the great universe always opens her treasure house."

"Love is everything. It is the key to life, and its influences are those that move the world."

Ralph Waldo Trine

• Like 2