GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Udenaas had known many for whom certainty was a god, the only god, no matter the cost of its features. And he had seen the manner in which such belief made the world simple, where all was divisible by the sharp cleaving of cold judgement, after which no mending was possible. He had seen such certainty, but had never shared it.

-          Steven Erikson

• Like 1

“Our scars make us know that our past was for real” 
― jane austen     pride and prejudice

• Like 4

I couldn't "Thank You" twice for this so I will repeat it:

“Our scars make us know that our past was for real” ― jane austen

Professor A C Graham was holding forth on the topic of how Zhuangzi would have driven an automobile. I can still hear the twinkle in his voice as he went on about Zhuangzi: “He would go here … and there … but never arrive anywhere.” 

(From an interview with Harold Roth)

• Like 1

I don't believe in death.

Oh, that didn't surprise me.  Many feel this way.  That's fine.  But the physical body will one day die.

I have been rightly accused of being a Physicalist.

Well,from my beliefs physical body are dieing everyday.

Edited by Junko
  • Like 1

“Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men for the nastiest of motives will somehow work for the benefit of all”. 

• Like 5

"If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

• Like 4

Me-

Truly one or two good books plus a desert island and we'd all reach enlightenment.

• Like 3

"In Shirley’s nature prevailed at times an easy indolence: there were periods when she took delight in perfect vacancy of hand and eye – moments when her thoughts, her simple existence, the fact of the world being around – the heaven above her, seemed to yield her such fullness of happiness, that she did not need to lift a finger to increase the joy. Often, after an active morning, she would spend a sunny afternoon in lying stirless on the turf, at the foot of some tree of friendly umbrage….no spectacle did she ask but that of the deep blue sky, and such cloudlets as sailed afar and aloft across its spaces; no sound but that of the bee’s hum, the leaf’s whisper...."

(From Charlotte Brontë’s, Shirley (1849).  Shirley was Brontë's second published novel after Jane Eyre. The character Shirley is who Brontë believed her sister, Emily Brontë (author of Wuthering Heights), would have been if she had been born into a wealthy family. The novel was not critically acclaimed but popular enough to have the lasting influence of changing the name ‘Shirley’ from exclusively a male name to a female name.)

• Like 6

There was never any more inception than there is now,
Nor any more youth or age than there is now,
And will never be any more perfection than there is now,
Nor any more heaven or hell than there is now.

~ Walt Whitman, Song of Myself

• Like 4

"I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you."

Seen on a t-shirt

• Like 4