28 replies to this topic

#17 goldisheavy

goldisheavy

the smartest idiot

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

Greetings, honorable daoist brothers and sisters ...

Flying is easy, the hard part is dealing with the consequences of having done so. As soon as you fly even 1 inch, your mind will have to deal with the conflict this action creations with every other belief you hold. The amount of stress and fear this will generate is impossible to describe.

However, if you prepare your mind and gently and gradually transform your beliefs through deep contemplation (that is to say, using critical thinking in a quiet, deep, connected. slow, methodical, analytical investigative manner), flying can be as easy as walking or breathing. But by the time it becomes that easy, you won't be a human anymore. You won't be on Earth as you used to know it. You might be on something that looks like Earth and you might look like a human, but you won't be.

Don't delude yourself. You should start small with feats that do not jar the mind so much. I suggest you use the mind to heat your hands. Then try to heat your body. Then try to cool the body. Then try something else, like try to fast for 3 days. Use your mind to make fasting into a pleasant and easy and light experience. When you continually apply your mind like that in small ways, eventually you'll get the point that everything you see is just a creation of your mind and that you've never even lived in any substantial place in the first place. You'll understand that feeling substance is a visionary experience, it's basically like a hallucination that you have no reason to question.

In order to perform various feats without destroying your health you will also have to learn about the flow of consciousness or Tao. If you fly at the wrong time or for the wrong reason, you can hurt your self-image, that is to say, you can create a health problem. So, you don't go around flinging your power here and there, and nor do you have to conserve it, but the point is to do what is right at the time, and what that is cannot be learned from anyone because ultimately you will have to learn to feel it intuitively on your own.

All this takes time and if you strive a little too much or a little too zealously you might become insane. Being insane means you create a conflict in the mind whereby you have uncleared remnants of the old beliefs and also new and vastly conflicting beliefs operating together. This results in disharmony, paranoia, insecurity and so on, because the mind in that state lacks coherence. The good news is that all can be fixed and healed. :) But do you really have to fry yourself on purpose? The life will fry you just fine, so don't hurry to fry yourself.

Anyway, I wish to encourage you. What you want is possible, but the shift in the mindset that's required is so tremendous that I doubt you will find many sympathizers on this forum.
You will attain whatever you set your mind to attain. No maybe about it. It's only a question of when.

#18 benny

benny

Tao Addict

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:31 AM

Oct
Phi
5th
3rd
Root

Octaves?

Flying is easy, the hard part is dealing with the consequences of having done so. As soon as you fly even 1 inch, your mind will have to deal with the conflict this action creations with every other belief you hold. The amount of stress and fear this will generate is impossible to describe.

You are tuned in, goldisheavy.

Coming to terms with the fact that we are under so much atmosphere traveling so fast is quite practically a traumatic experience.

We are insulated by the ignorance of the truth that both empower us and strike deadly fear into us.

With great power comes great responsibility.

I will give this much more consideration.

Good luck to you!

#19 wudangquan

wudangquan

http://www.earthwaterfireair.com

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

I would like to suggest that maybe people are looking at this from the wrong angle.

There is such a situation like "ascending to heaven in broad daylight". Enoch did it. They say Jesus did it with a "glorified" body, and many Taoists have reportedly done it.

My personal feeling is that this is not the result of technique - or that technique is not the causality.

I would say there is a direct correlation with xinxing.

That is to say - you can think of human attachments and sentimentality like anchors. You stay at the human level of consciousness, and your body stays at the human level as well. That is pulling down.

The other situation is maybe something like pushing down, or restraining. This can be the result of a body (bodies) full of dark, heavy substance.

The situation can be changed by earning and preserving de, which you can tranform to gong through cultivation.

So what I mean to say is that by transforming de to gong you lighten your body, and by eliminating attachments you lower the resistance that holds you down.

But this gong (not qi) has to be refined to a very very fine level, and it has to be transformed throughout many different dimensions of your body - not only the surface dimension.

It's a bit difficult for me to say what I want to say about this because I can easily sound crazy. :)

In short - if you don't want to be restrained by human conditions you have to be better than human.

However, even if someone IS able to do these things - they can't do them casually because normal people shouldn't see them, except under some rare and special types of circumstances.

Cultivation requires a sort of grim determination in the face of mundaneity. If a person with high attainment status casually shows these types of things in public or on televison - it defeats the purpose of human society.

Human society is supposed to be full of blindness, delusions, and so on because it is a furnace in which you can refine iron into steel.

Or another way to say it is that human society is the muddy water in which a lotus flower can grow.

If you clear away the dirty things and make it pure and clear to everyone - there's no longer a proper environment for cultivating.

#20 rain

rain

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

I would like to suggest that maybe people are looking at this from the wrong angle.

There is such a situation like "ascending to heaven in broad daylight". Enoch did it. They say Jesus did it with a "glorified" body, and many Taoists have reportedly done it.

My personal feeling is that this is not the result of technique - or that technique is not the causality.

I would say there is a direct correlation with xinxing.

That is to say - you can think of human attachments and sentimentality like anchors. You stay at the human level of consciousness, and your body stays at the human level as well. That is pulling down.

The other situation is maybe something like pushing down, or restraining. This can be the result of a body (bodies) full of dark, heavy substance.

The situation can be changed by earning and preserving de, which you can tranform to gong through cultivation.

So what I mean to say is that by transforming de to gong you lighten your body, and by eliminating attachments you lower the resistance that holds you down.

But this gong (not qi) has to be refined to a very very fine level, and it has to be transformed throughout many different dimensions of your body - not only the surface dimension.

It's a bit difficult for me to say what I want to say about this because I can easily sound crazy. :)

In short - if you don't want to be restrained by human conditions you have to be better than human.

However, even if someone IS able to do these things - they can't do them casually because normal people shouldn't see them, except under some rare and special types of circumstances.

Cultivation requires a sort of grim determination in the face of mundaneity. If a person with high attainment status casually shows these types of things in public or on televison - it defeats the purpose of human society.

Human society is supposed to be full of blindness, delusions, and so on because it is a furnace in which you can refine iron into steel.

Or another way to say it is that human society is the muddy water in which a lotus flower can grow.

If you clear away the dirty things and make it pure and clear to everyone - there's no longer a proper environment for cultivating.

this made much sense. hair on end. but then again being so far from realizing anything how can it be that
I make sense of this? thank you anyway. long time since I read anything so fresh. "clear as mud".

Edited by rain, 03 December 2008 - 01:52 PM.

"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."~Jane Wagner 

#21 Spectrum

Spectrum

Yee Chuan Tao / Yi Quan Dao

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

Octaves?

Octstaves.

What a way.
to get bye.
rest low.
stretch high.

Edited by Spectrum, 03 December 2008 - 03:04 PM.

AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#22 benny

benny

Tao Addict

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

Octstaves.

What a way.
to get bye.
rest low.
stretch high.

head home
test flight

#23 benny

benny

Tao Addict

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:56 AM

Octstaves.

What a way.
to get bye.
rest low.
stretch high.

octogram

#24 benny

benny

Tao Addict

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

Grid Harmonics
Levitation in Tibet

Henry Kjelson "The Lost Techniques"

Labyrinthina 1998 - 2007
We know from the priests of the far east that they were able to lift heavy boulders up high mountains with the help of groups of various sounds. The knowledge of the various vibrations in the audio range demonstrates to a scientist of physics that a vibrating and condensed sound field can nullify the power of gravitation. Swedish engineer Olaf Alexanderson wrote about this phenomenon in the publication, Implosion No. 13. The following report is based on observations which were made only 20 years ago in Tibet. I have this report from civil engineer and flight manager, Henry Kjelson, a friend of mine. He later on included this report in his book The Lost Techniques.

This is his report: A Swedish doctor, Dr Jarl, a friend of Kjelsons, studied at Oxford. During those times he became friends with a young Tibetan student. A couple of years later, it was 1939, Dr Jarl made a journey to Egypt for the English Scientific Society. There he was seen by a messenger of his Tibetan friend, and urgently requested to come to Tibet to treat a high Lama. After Dr Jarl got the leave he followed the messenger and arrived after a long journey by plane and Yak caravans, at the monastery, where the old Lama and his friend who was now holding a high position were now living.

Dr Jarl stayed there for some time, and because of his friendship with the Tibetans he learned a lot of things that other foreigners had no chance to hear about, or observe.

One day his friend took him to a place in the neighborhood of the monastery and showed him a sloping meadow which was surrounded in the north west by high cliffs. In one of the rock walls, at a height of about 250 metres was a big hole which looked like the entrance to a cave. In front of this hole there was a platform on which the monks were building a rock wall. The only access to this platform was from the top of the cliff and the monks lowered themselves down with the help of ropes.

In the middle of the meadow, about 250 metres from the cliff, was a polished slab of rock with a bowl like cavity in the centre. The bowl had a diameter of one metre and a depth of 15 centimeters. A block of stone was manoeuvred into this cavity by Yak oxen. The block was one metre wide and one and one-half metres long. Then 19 musical instruments were set in an arc of 90 degrees at a distance of 63 metres from the stone slab. The radius of 63 metres was measured out accurately. The musical instruments consisted of 13 drums and six trumpets. (Ragdons). Eight drums had a cross-section of one metre, and a length of one and one- half metres. Four drums were medium size with a cross-section of 0.7 metre and a length of one metre. The only small drum had a cross-section of 0.2 metres and a length of 0.3 metres. All the trumpets were the same size. They had a length of 3.12 metres and an opening of 0.3 metres.

The big drums and all the trumpets were fixed on mounts which could be adjusted with staffs in the direction of the slab of stone. The big drums were made of 3mm thick sheet iron, and had a weight of 150 kg. They were built in five sections. All the drums were open at one end, while the other end had a bottom of metal, on which the monks beat with big leather clubs. Behind each instrument was a row of monks. When the stone was in position the monk behind the small drum gave a signal to start the concert. The small drum had a very sharp sound, and could be heard even with the other instruments making a terrible din. All the monks were singing and chanting a prayer, slowly increasing the tempo of this unbelievable noise. During the first four minutes nothing happened, then as the speed of the drumming, and the noise, increased, the big stone block started to rock and sway, and suddenly it took off into the air with an increasing speed in the direction of the platform in front of the cave hole 250 metres high. After three minutes of ascent it landed on the platform.

Continuously they brought new blocks to the meadow, and the monks using this method, transported 5 to 6 blocks per hour on a parabolic flight track approximately 500 metres long and 250 metres high. From time to time a stone split, and the monks moved the split stones away. Quite an unbelievable task. Dr Jarl knew about the hurling of the stones. Tibetan experts like Linaver, Spalding and Huc had spoken about it, but they had never seen it. So Dr Jarl was the first foreigner who had the opportunity to see this remarkable spectacle. Because he had the opinion in the beginning that he was the victim of mass-psychosis he made two films of the incident. The films showed exactly the same things that he had witnessed.

The English Society for which Dr Jarl was working confiscated the two films and declared them classified. They will not be released until 1990. This action is rather hard to explain, or understand.

#25 Birch

Birch

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6002 posts
  • Interests:Whatever works

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

Dumb question day;-)

So if I can get myself flying (I have to make a big effort to do so BTW, and I can only get a bit off the ground intentionally, not fly like a jet plane) in my dreams, that doesn't count, does it?

Does it only count if someone else can see it? Or if I made a video of my dream? Like an ECG, or do other people have to be able to see it as pictures in their own minds that they consider believable to be able to say I did do it? Can the videos be in black and white or is colour manditory?

I`m sort of confused about that. But if we're strictly talking about lifting my waking body off the surface of the earth for a while, in a manner that other people can watch 'in real time' all while they're there (and not asleep) and say 'yes she did fly' then no I can't. And if I could, why would I do it? Save airfares? Or gas? ok maybe good then;-)

Unless you count jumping on or off things. In which case we all fly all the time, every time we put one foot in front of the other.

I told you it was a dumb question day!

Kate
"Chi is free!"- "Don't give your chi to your practice" Both unknown, if you know where these come from, let me know!

#26 Spectrum

Spectrum

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

no baggage to check that waY
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#27 Spectrum

Spectrum

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

btt
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#28 genmaicha

genmaicha

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:40 AM

Has anyone seen or experienced qing gong and likes to share here?

#29 Dainin

Dainin

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2493 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:03 AM

The Flying Mystics of Tibetan Buddhism by Glenn Mullin (who also did some books on the Six Yogas of Naropa) looks at this phenomena. I went to a lecture by the author a few years ago. He said that some people were still receiving training in this skill there, and were due to demonstrate it a few years in the future, and also that he planned to be there to witness it firsthand. I haven't kept track of what has happened regarding this since that time.
"Do your practice and all is coming" Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

"My miracle is that when I feel hungry I eat, and when I feel thirsty I drink" Bankei

"In spring, hundreds of flowers; in autumn, a harvest moon; in summer,
a refreshing breeze; in winter, snow will accompany you. If useless things
do not hang in your mind, any season is a good season for you." Mu-Mon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users