31 replies to this topic

#17 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

While I have questioned Santiago in a different thread his skill in martial arts is obvious.

Thanks Buddy peace to you brother.

Santiago
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#18 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:46 PM

Enjoy

2OOFMYLI
4sx2LlQXcRo
rIuSacDHd00
ABFJ1HhSQ-s
m0MPBaP_gWI
B-OckbTj_18
KxMEnPi-E1Y

[quote name='Vajrasattva' date='Aug 21 2008, 09:47 AM' post='75055']
good article on cimande & my Guru Haji Pak Muhammad Ariffin Mang Ipin :

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Traditional Pencak Silat Cimande Girang Walisongo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are Internet Forums awesome, or what! Amazing article Vajrasattva.

Much of the waterfall training is a lot like the Yamabushi of Japan.

The reason I asked about the angles and approaches of Pencak Silat can be seen in the clips below.
(I wanted to know how Silat was similiar, and also how it differs as well.) (Check the clips, you'll see what I mean.) Thanks. Take care. >>

Cool Glad you enjoyed article Guru Haji Pak Muhammad Ariffin Mang Ipin is great. And a true internal master.

The angles in those vids are similar. Wing cun exploits a lot the triangle & somewhat the square.

All good arts use the geometry at high level.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva, 21 August 2008 - 04:42 PM.

Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#19 Jedi777

Jedi777

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Interests:Pranic healing -Qigong --meditation-paranormal-UFO's

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

"well FMA's roots are deeply indonesian Silat."

I think there are Filipinos who might disagree. Visayan, sure. Others? Maybe not so much.

Do These Grown Men take this nonsense serious. These arts are 90% fake & give Silat a bad name. I have seen some Comedians in My time but this Demo below truly takes the cake ROFL :lol:

I thought it was a great video---you just dont know the power of the force your doubt makes you week :)

Edited by Jedi777, 21 August 2008 - 04:52 PM.

#20 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

mNFuTHb09vs

real woman Silat master Pendekar.
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#21 Jedi777

Jedi777

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

mNFuTHb09vs

real woman Silat master Pendekar.

that was cool!

#22 r.w.smith

r.w.smith

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

I thought it was a great video---you just dont know the power of the force your doubt makes you week :)

Man that Video was complete crap. I dont know why students continue to train in such garbage & delude themselves into thinking they truly have something.

Im well aware how these schools operate after visiting dozens in my spare time all over java. They cannot just do it to anybody at will. They give you some big story that it only works if the attacker is truly angry or has evil intent towardws you. Those students you see are called SPECIAL because they can supposedly muster up the real anger etc to make it work.

9/10 this stuff doesnt work. If you cant perform this skill anytime anywhere like real chi - then its not even worth learning. people often talk about the real masters but in 12 years & after meeting almost hundreds still nobody can do it in indonesia apart from john chang.

#23 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Man that Video was complete crap. I dont know why students continue to train in such garbage & delude themselves into thinking they truly have something.

Im well aware how these schools operate after visiting dozens in my spare time all over java. They cannot just do it to anybody at will. They give you some big story that it only works if the attacker is truly angry or has evil intent towardws you. Those students you see are called SPECIAL because they can supposedly muster up the real anger etc to make it work.

9/10 this stuff doesnt work. If you cant perform this skill anytime anywhere like real chi - then its not even worth learning. people often talk about the real masters but in 12 years & after meeting almost hundreds still nobody can do it in indonesia apart from john chang.

John Chang is the only person with REAL chi on the planet....NO ONE ELSE.

As we say in my country near FLA city.....NIGGA PLEASE.

You are correct that there are flakes like in all subjects of study but there are also real gems. maybe its your perspective that has prevented you from actually meeting any with real value.

I mean just from your "chi" here I wouldn't take you on as a student. I know people in Java that know JC & they say he is great but that there are others as well.

Also keep in mind that some of the "high up" silat masters are Muslim or Sufi. Unless you embrace their faith rarely would they open up to you.

Peace & Godbless

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva, 21 August 2008 - 10:07 PM.

Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#24 Jedi777

Jedi777

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

WOW come on dude I was half joking with you lighten up!

#25 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

OuyE3-Ssigw
XrmljuaerKo
4pKMqHRChEg

JWNIFR8E2kg
8cYlYYA6vbs
JAoPEJUBL2w
JAPm-potWN4
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#26 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

LZ_6EIwggbg

BcAs_YmhDdA

hLI2DvXe-eo
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#27 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

Ruv6aeVF3CE
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#28 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

Pencak Silat Cimande Gerak Satria Shakti
Knife work & Langkah

Peace & enjoy.
Santiago

r9fp9mCeAo4
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#29 rodgerj

rodgerj

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Edited by rodgerj, 29 August 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#30 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

I have only done a little Silat. I spent many years doing Kuntao though. I also spent many years doing Kateda in Indonesia. See lots of Tenaga Dalam demos. I actually watched my Master at the time stand in a huge fire while bricks were slung at him. It was real. I know that because on of the masters that did not produce enough CP as they called it, got his face burnt pretty bad.

One of my students also did Kateda in indonesia said he saw one master fry and egg on his head in a pan from body heat and saw anther master do pull ups on fluorescent long light bulbs with out them break.
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#31 orb

orb

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:17 AM

One of my students also did Kateda in indonesia said he saw one master fry and egg on his head in a pan from body heat and saw anther master do pull ups on fluorescent long light bulbs with out them break.

LOL, that's awesome........
‎"everybody has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - (Iron) Mike Tyson

#32 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

One of my Silat Gurus. A true Shaman & Pendekar

Bapak Guru Harold Koning
osbb2wlmUWE