mwight

What Does Yin Energy Feel Like? How Do You Cultivate it?

This may be different from what you're asking, but from a hermetic perspective, Yang energy is called Electrical Fluid and is hot and expanding. Yin energy is called Magnetic fluid and is cool and contracting.

In hermeticism, you can meditate on the feelings of coolness/cold to find the underlying magnetic (yin) property.

Also, if you're good with your mind... William Mistele, a Bardon initiate, has an excersise where you imagine someone who you feel embodies great electrical energy and then add to that person another person with great electrical energy. For instance Arnold Shwarzenegger + General Patton.. keep on adding a few people in your mind and fuse them together and feel that power. Then take away all form and just observe and feel that energy. That's electric energy.

Do the same for women you find very feminine/magnetic and you're left with magnetic energy which you can observe and feel with your mind.

If you can feel it it isn't what mo pai is calling yin chi.

If you wanna know what Yin feels like then get into a very deep state...something along the lines of the lower theta or delta brainwaves, then put your awareness (if you managed to not fall asleep and maintain your awareness) on your organs..there is a subtle force squeezing or better yet "holding together" everything. I can't feel Yin directly but I can feel its effects on my body and its various parts/"forms". Maybe others might have fortunately learned methods to actually control Yin

If you have to ask, assume no.

Sorta feels like your trolling your own thread. Considering you know the response that's about to come of this.

Sorta feels like your trolling your own thread. Considering you know the response that's about to come of this.

Anytime mo pai is brought up it's a fight, I am used to it.

I'm actually honored that an official mo pai member is here on the board. I find it awesome that John charged you personally to defend and uphold the mo pai core belief on yin qi. To Thundergooch! May you continue to defend and honor the mo pai the way that John wants and congrats on receiving the status of teacher :)

I'm actually honored that an official mo pai member is here on the board. I find it awesome that John charged you personally to defend and uphold the mo pai core belief on yin qi. To Thundergooch! May you continue to defend and honor the mo pai the way that John wants and congrats on receiving the status of teacher :)

Thanks will do.

Oh shit, MPG found out people were discussing yin chi! Abort! Abort!

:P

If you can feel it it isn't what mo pai is calling yin chi.

I've no idea whether the Magnetic Fluid is or isn't the same energy as MP's Yin Chi (although I have speculated before), but it's described as having the same subjective experience:

This imagination exercise must be increased until you feel a dynamide in yourself, similar to a fully inflated tire

v.

Suddenly I felt like I was being pumped up with air. I could feel
my belly distending and my bladder being squeezed; I wanted to
pee. There was no other sensation; no cold, no rush of energy, no
electrical discharge, nothing. Just the feeling of fullness.

• Like 1

Oh shit, MPG found out people were discussing yin chi! Abort! Abort!

:P

I've no idea whether the Magnetic Fluid is or isn't the same energy as MP's Yin Chi (although I have speculated before), but it's described as having the same subjective experience:

v.

Who knows, I haven't seen any hermeticists display any profound abilities recently, if they are able to develop any they keep it quite.

Most of them don't, a huge number operate within systems which only enable ritual magic, evocation and the like (which is fine if that's all they want), and then of course there's the frauds, the deluded, the 'spiritual role players' as you like to call them. That said, there are some who are capable of some pretty amazing things, but like any other system, they're a minority.

Although it's worth noting that more or less everyone who develops such abilities does keep it (relatively) quite: John Chang is the exception that proves the rule.

The parallels are interesting either way, and in this case they're particularly strong.

• Like 1

Who knows, I haven't seen any hermeticists display any profound abilities recently, if they are able to develop any they keep it quite.

It wouldn't suprise me if there's less than 2 actual Hermeticists in the world right now who have done Bardon IIH. And they would be so far removed from the kind of person who performs tricks for a camera, it's not even funny. You'd understand that if you've read IIH.

The elemental condensing breathing in IIH is extremely powerful. Insanely powerful. It can really dislodge you psychologically though which is why there's so many steps leading up to it. I skipped over them to try out the excersises which was a mistake, but I felt the ridiculous power of it. I can't even imagine what someone would be like if they were breathing in the elements on that scale every day for a year.

It's easy to understand what you're dealing with if you've practiced a little bit of IIH.

E.g. Get to know the fire element. Meditate and imagine yourself evelopped in fire. Get to know the heat until you can actually feel it and feel your body warming up. Increase the heat. Do this for days until the heat becomes more and more real to your energy body. You might start getting angry and explosive throughout the day, in which case you're doing something right. Increase the size of the fireball until it's the size of a house around your body, increase the heat and intensity. It should feel very, very real. Do that for a few days. Breathe in the fire into your body and feel it getting stronger and your body getting hotter. Breathe in again condensing even more fire into your body, getting hotter. Do that again, feel the explosive pressure building. Do this for 7 breathes. At the end of that you will feel extremely hot and explosive. On an emotional level you feel visceral sensations of being very powerful, very violent and very intense.

Now that's how far I got and I was loosing my temper in violent outbursts of rage all the time, I got rashes all over my skin, I got fevers etc. I was also getting schizophrenic symptoms feeling like the universe was beginning to revolve around me with sycnrhonicities everywhere like the world was becoming a mirror of MY consciousness. But in IIH you go all the way to having the fireball being not the size of a house, not the size of the Earth, not the size of the Sun, not the size of the Galaxy but the size of the entire damn Universe and condensing all of that fire and heat into your body for several breathes. If you can actually do that then you effectively become the embodiment of the Will and Omnipotence of God incarnate in a physical body.

Of course you have to do the previous steps of IIH and balance with the other elements. I severly doubt anyone has got close to that level without going insane, but I don't doubt there's a couple of Bardon initiates out there who are very highly trained at it.

Edited by HoldorFold

It wouldn't suprise me if there's less than 2 actual Hermeticists in the world right now who have done Bardon IIH. And they would be so far removed from the kind of person who performs tricks for a camera, it's not even funny. You'd understand that if you've read IIH.

I'd go further and say there are 0 who have ever gotten results with this system, other than psychological disturbances.

The elemental condensing breathing in IIH is extremely powerful. Insanely powerful. It can really dislodge you psychologically though which is why there's so many steps leading up to it. I skipped over them to try out the excersises which was a mistake, but I felt the ridiculous power of it. I can't even imagine what someone would be like if they were breathing in the elements on that scale every day for a year.

Psychological issues arising from practices like this is common, it's called kundalini/qigong psychosis. It happens. It doesn't mean those systems that achieve that lead anywhere other than a trip to the insane asylum.

At the end of that you will feel extremely hot and explosive. On an emotional level you feel visceral sensations of being very powerful, very violent and very intense.

Now that's how far I got and I was loosing my temper in violent outbursts of rage all the time, I got rashes all over my skin, I got fevers etc. I was also getting schizophrenic symptoms feeling like the universe was beginning to revolve around me with sycnrhonicities everywhere like the world was becoming a mirror of MY consciousness.

That's neat and all, but going nuts and getting neat feelings are not the same sort of thing I am interested in. To me that falls in the realm of make believe, roleplay and self deception. If that's what you guys are into more power to you.

But in IIH you go all the way to having the fireball being not the size of a house, not the size of the Earth, not the size of the Sun, not the size of the Galaxy but the size of the entire damn Universe and condensing all of that fire and heat into your body for several breathes. If you can actually do that then you effectively become the embodiment of the Will and Omnipotence of God incarnate in a physical body.

I'll take: "things that have never ever happened in the history of this system to anyone who attempted it for $500" Alex.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 1

We are operating on different definitions of amazing.

Let's establish something up front here: do you actually have any experience interacting with hermetic adepts, or are you just talking out of your ass?

It wouldn't suprise me if there's less than 2 actual Hermeticists in the world right now who have done Bardon IIH.

I know of 2 who have (although in complement to other training), and 3 more who claim to have but who personally I'm not so sure about, so they are out there. But yes, generally speaking, it is extremely hard for most people to do that kind of training by themselves.

Edited by Aeran

Psychological issues arising from practices like this is common, it's called kundalini/qigong psychosis. It happens. It doesn't mean those systems that achieve that lead anywhere other than a trip to the insane asylum.

That's neat and all, but going nuts and getting neat feelings are not the same sort of thing I am interested in. To me that falls in the realm of make believe, roleplay and self deception. If that's what you guys are into more power to you.

From what you said above, I gather that you think Kundalini is make believe / roleplay?

Fair play to you, mate!

I'm not going to try to defend Hermetics, I don't even practice it anymore. You'd have to go through what I went through to understand really, no point trying to convince you with letters on a screen.

Edited by HoldorFold

From what you said above, I gather that you think Kundalini is make believe / roleplay?

Fair play to you, mate!

I'm not going to try to defend Hermetics, I don't even practice it anymore. You'd have to go through what I went through to understand really, no point trying to convince you with letters on a screen.

He thinks everything is roleplay :P unless it's been claimed by a greek man speaking through a translator to an indonesian man who can set newspapers on fire, then it's (and this is a quote) "scripture."

• Like 1

It seems the group here is in consensus that if you can feel energy inside of you during meditation its most definitely yang. I remember from the magus of java, that kosta compared yin energy to feel like fullness inside your body. I have been trying to work more with yin and wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, what it feels like, effective ways to gather it etc. Any input is much appreciated.

Yin feels heavy and full, dense. Yang feels like and floating/expanding. Yin eventually becomes Yang and Yang becomes Yin.

So, besides feeling the energy inside the body, we also feel it outside - especially with tai chi practices - where we work with Tai chi balls (not the physical medicine balls, but actual energy balls) - the Yin-Yang combination can be felt very palpably - Yang will expand the tai chi ball with a degree of inward collapsing/attraction), till it reaches a point where Yin becomes stronger than Yang, and then the ball will start collapsing towards the center (with a degree of expansion still there). It is hard to describe in words. This will continue till the cannot condense any more and then Yang becomes stronger than Yin and the ball starts expanding again.

• Like 1

THEN I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUAL! :D

just don't be sending no lightening bolts to my gooch- I'm having enough problems at the moment lol

Ironically, Franz Bardon has a concept called "Volting" --it is Mo Pai (with some simple adjustments) ;)

and

! Enochian Entities can teach Mo Pai :)

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Yin feels heavy and full, dense. Yang feels like and floating/expanding. Yin eventually becomes Yang and Yang becomes Yin.

So, besides feeling the energy inside the body, we also feel it outside - especially with tai chi practices - where we work with Tai chi balls (not the physical medicine balls, but actual energy balls) - the Yin-Yang combination can be felt very palpably - Yang will expand the tai chi ball with a degree of inward collapsing/attraction), till it reaches a point where Yin becomes stronger than Yang, and then the ball will start collapsing towards the center (with a degree of expansion still there). It is hard to describe in words. This will continue till the cannot condense any more and then Yang becomes stronger than Yin and the ball starts expanding again.

When my lower tan tien gets that way, I can feel it vibrating- exactly as you stated in your tai chi practice

I haven't seen any Mo Pai practitioners display any profound abilities, either, for that matter. Not saying that Mo Pai is a farce, mind you, or that John Chang is huckster -- just that there is no compelling evidence (less compelling, in fact, than what I've seen on TV "proving" the existence of Bigfoot and Nessie and mermaids or the "profound abilities" demonstrated by David Copperfield making an airplane disappear and Criss Angel reanimating a corpse...)

• Like 1

When my lower tan tien gets that way, I can feel it vibrating- exactly as you stated in your tai chi practice

It will start spinning too. One thing my teacher taught us I can share with you - in standing posture (beginning form), you can pick a point that you mind considers infinity and breathing out of your LDT, go to that point. And then breathing in, breath energy in from that point to your dan tien. It is important to eventually shrink the LDT down to a smaller and smaller point. The smaller it is, the more powerful it will become (condensing)

I realized one day that as I was doing this, with each breath, the LDT was spinning (like using a rope starter), till the LDT starts spinning on it's own (like starting a generator).

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

I haven't seen any Mo Pai practitioners display any profound abilities, either, for that matter. Not saying that Mo Pai is a farce, mind you, or that John Chang is huckster -- just that there is no compelling evidence (less compelling, in fact, than what I've seen on TV "proving" the existence of Bigfoot and Nessie and mermaids or the "profound abilities" demonstrated by David Copperfield making an airplane disappear and Criss Angel reanimating a corpse...)

I think it is not nice to post negative things about a tradition that we haven't personally experienced. What is the point of calling John Chang a huckster? Wouldn't it be better to not provoke arguments/dissent and just focus on sharing knowledge, techniques, insights and practice dilligently?

• Like 4

One thing my teacher taught us I can share with you - in standing posture (beginning form), you can pick a point that you mind considers infinity and breathing out of your LDT, go to that point. And then breathing in, breath energy in from that point to your dan tien. It is important to eventually shrink the LDT down to a smaller and smaller point. The smaller it is, the more powerful it will become (condensing)

Gary Clyman has a similar technique where you breathe energy in to the LDT from outside the body and shrink it down and condense it, and then add a thick layer to it with more breaths and then condense it down further and keep on adding layers and condensing it down further. He likens it to adding layers of an onion and condensing it down.

It's a very powerful way of converting Qi in to Jing. I was able to generate a substantial amount of internal power after only a few minutes of this excersise.

• Like 1

I think it is not nice to post negative things about a tradition that we haven't personally experienced. What is the point of calling John Chang a huckster? Wouldn't it be better to not provoke arguments/dissent and just focus on sharing knowledge, techniques, insights and practice dilligently?

Please don't misunderstand me! I am very clearly NOT calling John Chang a huckster. I have repeatedly said I consider both Mo Pai and John Chang to be legitimate. What I AM saying, though, is that there is no compelling scientific evidence for MP or JC, and that citing an apparent lack of compelling scientific evidence for other systems is not sufficient grounds for either dismissing those other systems OR for claiming superiority/legitimacy of Mo Pai.

Edited by Brian