Sign in to follow this  
Wun Yuen Gong

KunLun and Dan Tian

That answers many unasked questions. Thanks again rain. Particularly the info on stirring yin qi. When we're stirring the pot (YCT) it's right over left for males, left over right for females. Opposite for closing up.
What is YCT?

6 or 7 months ago i suggested that it was yin qi being activated, and that didn't go over so well.

something to the effect of "it's not qi; it's more like divine will."

i didn't at all get why the energy of the kunlun nei gung practice was being distinguished as 'non-qi.' it was one of the discrepancies which prevented me from trusting them as a group.

i still don't get why they seek to make what seems to be a dubious distinction at best.

not that it ultimately matters. i'm not holding a grudge with any of the kunlun crew.

Max has said its not yin or yang qi - Sifu Jiang has said there are 6 different types of qi - I dont know if the 'magnetic' nature of kunlun is another type, but it would make sense.

Max has said its not yin or yang qi - Sifu Jiang has said there are 6 different types of qi - I dont know if the 'magnetic' nature of kunlun is another type, but it would make sense.

the i understand it, yin and yang are aspects rather than types of qi. so in that sense every type of qi would have both characteristics. but whatevs. i'll wind up splitting too many hairs and getting WAY too theoretical if i'm not careful.

in the end, it doesn't really matter.

I am curious about how kundalini feels for you who seem to be working slowly and with a method.

i'm giving the wrong impression if i seem to be implying that i have a method, that is, if by 'method' you mean 'system.' my spiritual sensibility is similar to Max's, in that i am beholden to no particular system. that's a HUGE part of what first attracted me to him. eclecticism rocks!

as far as how it feels... i'm sure you know as well as anyone that the energy is not at all static. right now i'm going through another one of those phases where i can't sleep more than 2 or 3 hours and my spine feels like there's thorns in it. often this would be coupled with periodic bursts of high anxiety, but not this time. this time the predominating feeling is a steady desire for a partner. i don't feel lonely at all, but i seem to crave that affection the way that someone might crave chocolate.

my body's constantly buzzing and tingling, and that never goes away, although the intensity is always in flux. there was one time about 3 years ago when my body didn't buzz or tingle for the better part of a day, and it was the eeriest feeling in the world. i felt so hollow and dead.

there are times when i feel weak and times when i feel as if i could influence the tides. there are times when my eyes get in the way and i can see more clearly with my eyes closed. there are moments of perfection when i experience being everything around me, all at once. everything is separate and unique, and united and seamless, at the same time.

sometimes i just want to be left the fuck alone and scream. sometimes i get vertigo.

i'm sure i'm leaving out a ton of stuff.

i just allow it to bathe me as i continue to work to rid my body and psyche of as much resistance as i can manage.

Whatever. I am prepared to accept that it may take aeons to heal and learn more.

oh nonsense, darling. the only way that it will take that long is if you believe it will. sometimes it takes aeons for us to finally learn that it doesn't take aeons.

I thought I heard the man say it was feminine energy but it didnt make too much sense. I felt no cool downflow. What exposed itself was golden bright and filled my heart and head.

no, none of those types of distinctions really make too much sense. trappings by which we mistake the map for the territory. to definitively state what 'is' implies what 'is not,' and in the realms of the subtle contradictions are bound to unfold. better to just laugh at it all. if we're daring enough we can learn to rewrite the books with each chuckle. ;)

just back from awesome workshop. love the group. love the practise.

waahaaahaa

perhaps mantra was right and i missed my chance at sharing a beautiful experience with some beautiful people. it took a while, but Max's transmission.... let's say.... changed some things.

his path is not for me, but today i can say that i'm glad to have at least met him.

i really like my path, though. it's pretty fucking cool to be hundun on most days. :lol:

ADDENDUM:

kundalini talk tends to lead folks to want to ask about siddhis.

suffice to say that i'm a healer. i've chosen that as my calling, and that's more than enough for me. the rest, for the most part, is a waste of time to talk about.

Edited by Hundun

...or instantaneous and in a flash of momentary realization?

quiet moments later to reflect on a group of ideas instead of one at a time. It's a recipe for chi gung brainstorms. thppptttatatatatgaaaaoops. :)

This sounds intense, does this experience coincide with some sort of life changing circumstances inner or outer? These moments. Moment to moment.

intense ..mmm..relatively speaking. inner and outer. making space for the outside in the inside or was it inside outside HAHA. JOY!! (strangely enough I forgot to mention first sorrow..like pain, well whatever)

.. both?

implosion? somethings gotta give...

something.....became softer.

group love.

"...or instantaneous and in a flash of momentary realization?"

you know thats just it. you are both right. i am being ridiculous trying to get a head like I do.

it may come suddenly but then when it comes you know you all ways knew it was there. so what is this TIME?

you lost your doubts? or that which separates?

wow garbabling. someone hit me with that ball thing. hard.

medicine. something still stirring when holding the images of all, and individuals.

Coursing Long Ways Back,

Edited by rain

For Kunlun I'm pretty sure its left over right and all other like red phoenix and golden flower is right over left. I think I remember Max saying that the right over left stores the kunlun where left over right emits it outwards.

Hmm... I also noticed he said left over right with Kunlun and right over left with Red Phoenix, but he didn't explain it to in further detail. He did for you?

They said you could do Kunlun, Red Phoenix and then closing down in one session, and I've been doing that some days. I've usually just closed down with left over right, but maybe I should have done right over left since I did Red Phoenix last? My feeling is it doesn't matter that much, but maybe it does? Mantra68? Anyone?

My understanding is if you mix RP and Kunlun together in one sesshin you close down the way you do with RP.

You can also mix Kunlun with RP directly and mix Kunlun with Gold Flower Mudra(so you do both practices together). Not sure if he taught you that he taught the mixing RP with Kunlun method in only one of the workshops I went to(he usually keeps RP and Kunlun seperate).

Cam

Sign in to follow this