35 replies to this topic

#17 vortex

vortex

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:49 AM

Might be the five aspects of the mind Hun, Shen, Yi, Po, Zhi.

Hun controls yang spirits in the body,
Po controls yin spirits in the body,
all are made of qi.
Hun is responsible for all formless consciousness,
including the three treasures: jing, qi and shen.
Po is responsible for all tangible consciousness,
including the seven apertures: two eyes, two ears, two nose holes, mouth.
Therefore, we call them 3-Hun and 7-Po.

As Po manifests, jing appears.
Because of jing, Hun manifests.
Hun causes the birth of shen,
because of shen,
consciousness comes forth,
because of consciousness the Po is brought forth again.
Hun and Po, yang and yin and Five Phases are endless cycles,
only the achieved can escape it.

Great info, thanks! :)

Be nice to have an "interrelational 5 element"-type cyclic chart for this, though..
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung
The ability to see in realtime that experience is not self is called enlightenment. - Kenneth Folk
Knowledge can be taught, but skill must be practiced.
Dont move the body you train your Qi. Dont move your mind you train your Spirit. - Fong Ha
I used to sit in full-lotus even on the can but there's not a lot of space in my bathroom. - drewhempel

#18 rain

rain

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:19 AM

well, relatively speaking..

"The text which was to become the main source of medical theory also apparently dates from the Han. It is the Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine, supposed to have been written during the third millennium BCE by the mythical Yellow Emperor. A small portion of it is given below."

--------------

"The pure and lucid element of light is manifested in the upper artifices and the turbid element of darkness is manifested in the lower orifices. Yang, the element of light, originates in the pores. Yin, the element of darkness, moves within the five viscera. Yang the lucid force of light truly is represented by the four extremities- and Yin the

turbid force of darkness stores the power of the six treasures of nature. Water is an embodiment of Yin as fire is an embodiment of Yang. Yang creates the air, while Yin creates the senses, which belong to the physical body When the physical body dies, the spirit is restored to the air, its natural environment. The spirit receives its nourishment through the air, and the body receives its nourishment through the senses

"If Yang is overly powerful, then Yin may be too weak. If Yin is particularly strong, then Yang is apt to be defective If the male force is overwhelming, then there will be excessive heat. If the female force is overwhelming, then there will be excessive cold. "

"Nature has four seasons and five elements. To grant long life, these seasons and elements must store up the power of creation in cold, heat, dryness, moisture, and wind. Man has five viscera in which these five climates are transformed into joy, anger, sympathy, grief. and fear. The emotions of joy and anger are injurious to the spirit just as cold and heat are injurious to the body. Violent anger depletes Yin; violent joy depletes Yang. When rebellious emotions rise to Heaven the pulse expires and leaves the body When joy and anger are without moderation, then cold and heat exceed all measure, and life is no longer secure. Yin and Yang should be respected to an equal extent."

http://acc6.its.broo...ts/yinyang.html

"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."~Jane Wagner 

#19 Spectrum

Spectrum

Yee Chuan Tao / Yi Quan Dao

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

I got that feeling rubbing tiger balm all over to keep warm. :oP
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#20 Spectrum

Spectrum

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

head..,
tail?
foundation
biological
aka aka

well since I`m the retard freshman with just one seminar and hardly any practise..I`ll have a go..

the kunlun level one gently shakes your systm open so the kunlun yin energy starts to move..and flow..and for some I guess..downwards..cool ..
- and when its closing time you bring your hands/consciousness/energy down to your lower dan tien. left hand under right or was it the other way around? I still get confused sometimes.

That answers many unasked questions. Thanks again rain. Particularly the info on stirring yin qi. When we're stirring the pot (YCT) it's right over left for males, left over right for females. Opposite for closing up.

Edited by Spectrum, 20 May 2008 - 01:32 PM.

AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#21 rain

rain

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

That answers many unasked questions. Thanks rain. When we're stirring the pot (YCT) it's right over left for males, left over right for females. Opposite for closing up.

thaknks. my master told me that it in fact has to do with a specific situation where a woman was seated at one side of a prominent person and the man at the other side. so it was a gesture of honor towards the hart of the buddha in the middle in that particular situation....but alas..

relativity

einstein is a fraud non?
please forgive me I understand no thing

Edited by rain, 20 May 2008 - 01:40 PM.

#22 Spectrum

Spectrum

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

transpositional polarities
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#23 Hundun

Hundun

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Kashmir Shaivism, Mahayoga, Bhakti, Rinzai Zen, Bankei Zen, Ziran, Qigong.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

6 or 7 months ago i suggested that it was yin qi being activated, and that didn't go over so well.

something to the effect of "it's not qi; it's more like divine will."

i didn't at all get why the energy of the kunlun nei gung practice was being distinguished as 'non-qi.' it was one of the discrepancies which prevented me from trusting them as a group.

i still don't get why they seek to make what seems to be a dubious distinction at best.

not that it ultimately matters. i'm not holding a grudge with any of the kunlun crew.
“The last year of my life has prepared me for the understanding that divine consciousness can come only through unconditional surrender. That state is reached by surrendering ourselves and the tensions that bind and restrict us, keeping us from expressing the power of creation that is our true essence. It is God flowing through us and showing us that we are nothing but Him. I want to live as an expression of that higher creative will, and from a deeper sense of surrender.”

--Swami Rudrananda
...his last words

http://thunderpath.wordpress.com/

#24 Swami Jai

Swami Jai

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

That answers many unasked questions. Thanks again rain. Particularly the info on stirring yin qi. When we're stirring the pot (YCT) it's right over left for males, left over right for females. Opposite for closing up.

For Kunlun I'm pretty sure its left over right and all other like red phoenix and golden flower is right over left. I think I remember Max saying that the right over left stores the kunlun where left over right emits it outwards.

#25 Spectrum

Spectrum

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

... stores the kunlun

Guess I'll just have to be there.
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#26 vortex

vortex

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

What is YCT?
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung
The ability to see in realtime that experience is not self is called enlightenment. - Kenneth Folk
Knowledge can be taught, but skill must be practiced.
Dont move the body you train your Qi. Dont move your mind you train your Spirit. - Fong Ha
I used to sit in full-lotus even on the can but there's not a lot of space in my bathroom. - drewhempel

#27 Spectrum

Spectrum

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

Yee Chuan Tao
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#28 joeblast

joeblast

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7067 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:36 AM

6 or 7 months ago i suggested that it was yin qi being activated, and that didn't go over so well.

i didn't at all get why the energy of the kunlun nei gung practice was being distinguished as 'non-qi.' it was one of the discrepancies which prevented me from trusting them as a group.

i still don't get why they seek to make what seems to be a dubious distinction at best.

not that it ultimately matters. i'm not holding a grudge with any of the kunlun crew.

Max has said its not yin or yang qi - Sifu Jiang has said there are 6 different types of qi - I dont know if the 'magnetic' nature of kunlun is another type, but it would make sense.

#29 rain

rain

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:29 AM

------------------------------------

""The Kundalini magnifies you, so if you were an asshole before you awakened, then afterwards you become wide and gaping."

--Glenn Morris

hi. yes I definitely live to realize that one. Fantastic relief to hear the man speak of it.

I also remember Mantra comparing kunlun energy it to "Divine Will", "Your own"...Their netsite also uses that term. Thats why I was totally focused to learn from Max. There had been an issue of willpower involved in the first. But, what I encountered during the workshop was "Grace" or Divine Light. During another exercise. Not bad. of course. But not what I ment by "Divine Will". Still part of Divine Will I suppose...But maybe I was already "shaken and stirred enough". And was looking for it.

I am curious about how kundalini feels for you who seem to be working slowly and with a method.
Whatever. I am prepared to accept that it may take aeons to heal and learn more. That is why I was curious about who somebody put me on Mr. Morris et Cos mailinglist and who are these people (looking like kids, but probably at least 140 years old) all with online direct healing.
mm yes.

Im thinking too much anyway.

sigh.
I thought I heard the man say it was feminine energy but it didnt make too much sense. I felt no cool downflow. What exposed itself was golden bright and filled my heart and head.

dummer by the minute.
just back from awesome workshop. love the group. love the practise.
waahaaahaa

Edited by rain, 21 May 2008 - 12:22 PM.

#30 Spectrum

Spectrum

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

I am curious about how kundalini feels for you who seem to be working slowly and with a method.
Whatever.

Lets dance around the campfire then sit and tell stories.

I am prepared to accept that it may take aeons to heal and learn more. That is why I was curious about who somebody put me on Mr. Morris et Cos mailinglist and who are these people (looking like kids, but probably at least 140 years old) all with online direct healing.
mm yes.

...or instantaneous and in a flash of momentary realization?

Im thinking too much anyway.

If it's an AhAH moment it might be worth it to write it down or forum reflect on it. The act of writing it down helps it not interfere with practice. This was a common thread when standing, having a "great" idea then going "oh I have to remember that" ... it's good for practice to write it down a forget about it, then take some quiet moments later to reflect on a group of ideas instead of one at a time. It's a recipe for chi gung brainstorms. thppptttatatatatgaaaaoops.

sigh.
I thought I heard the man say it was feminine energy but it didnt make too much sense. I felt no cool downflow. What exposed itself was golden bright and filled my heart and head.

This sounds intense, does this experience coincide with some sort of life changing circumstances inner or outer? These moments. Moment to moment.

dummer by the minute.
waahaaahaa

A Walk in the Park 5.21.08

Walk Calm,
Joggy Wonk,
Formless Wheels,
Pouring Through Sealed Heals,
Slowing Dripping into Foundations.
Water Seeping into Cracks,
Coursing Long Ways Back,
Pause for Effect Track,
Vibration Formation,
Door Dilation Acts,
Slack Snap Back,
A Vacation Fact,
Walk Palming,
Foot Senses.

Edited by Spectrum, 21 May 2008 - 03:23 PM.

AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#31 Hundun

Hundun

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Kashmir Shaivism, Mahayoga, Bhakti, Rinzai Zen, Bankei Zen, Ziran, Qigong.

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

Max has said its not yin or yang qi - Sifu Jiang has said there are 6 different types of qi - I dont know if the 'magnetic' nature of kunlun is another type, but it would make sense.

the i understand it, yin and yang are aspects rather than types of qi. so in that sense every type of qi would have both characteristics. but whatevs. i'll wind up splitting too many hairs and getting WAY too theoretical if i'm not careful.

in the end, it doesn't really matter.
“The last year of my life has prepared me for the understanding that divine consciousness can come only through unconditional surrender. That state is reached by surrendering ourselves and the tensions that bind and restrict us, keeping us from expressing the power of creation that is our true essence. It is God flowing through us and showing us that we are nothing but Him. I want to live as an expression of that higher creative will, and from a deeper sense of surrender.”

--Swami Rudrananda
...his last words

#32 Hundun

Hundun

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

i'm giving the wrong impression if i seem to be implying that i have a method, that is, if by 'method' you mean 'system.' my spiritual sensibility is similar to Max's, in that i am beholden to no particular system. that's a HUGE part of what first attracted me to him. eclecticism rocks!

as far as how it feels... i'm sure you know as well as anyone that the energy is not at all static. right now i'm going through another one of those phases where i can't sleep more than 2 or 3 hours and my spine feels like there's thorns in it. often this would be coupled with periodic bursts of high anxiety, but not this time. this time the predominating feeling is a steady desire for a partner. i don't feel lonely at all, but i seem to crave that affection the way that someone might crave chocolate.

my body's constantly buzzing and tingling, and that never goes away, although the intensity is always in flux. there was one time about 3 years ago when my body didn't buzz or tingle for the better part of a day, and it was the eeriest feeling in the world. i felt so hollow and dead.

there are times when i feel weak and times when i feel as if i could influence the tides. there are times when my eyes get in the way and i can see more clearly with my eyes closed. there are moments of perfection when i experience being everything around me, all at once. everything is separate and unique, and united and seamless, at the same time.

sometimes i just want to be left the fuck alone and scream. sometimes i get vertigo.

i'm sure i'm leaving out a ton of stuff.

i just allow it to bathe me as i continue to work to rid my body and psyche of as much resistance as i can manage.

Whatever. I am prepared to accept that it may take aeons to heal and learn more.

oh nonsense, darling. the only way that it will take that long is if you believe it will. sometimes it takes aeons for us to finally learn that it doesn't take aeons.

no, none of those types of distinctions really make too much sense. trappings by which we mistake the map for the territory. to definitively state what 'is' implies what 'is not,' and in the realms of the subtle contradictions are bound to unfold. better to just laugh at it all. if we're daring enough we can learn to rewrite the books with each chuckle. ;)

waahaaahaa

perhaps mantra was right and i missed my chance at sharing a beautiful experience with some beautiful people. it took a while, but Max's transmission.... let's say.... changed some things.

his path is not for me, but today i can say that i'm glad to have at least met him.

i really like my path, though. it's pretty fucking cool to be hundun on most days. :lol:

ADDENDUM:

kundalini talk tends to lead folks to want to ask about siddhis.

suffice to say that i'm a healer. i've chosen that as my calling, and that's more than enough for me. the rest, for the most part, is a waste of time to talk about.

Edited by Hundun, 21 May 2008 - 09:55 PM.

--Swami Rudrananda
...his last words

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users