Sign in to follow this  
Wun Yuen Gong

KunLun and Dan Tian

Hi All,

Question for the Kunluner's!

Does the 1st level fill the Dan Tian or does it just open the channels and flows through you but not collecting in the Dan Tian as i dont think you are guiding the energy there?

WYG

Hi All,

Question for the Kunluner's!

Does the 1st level fill the Dan Tian or does it just open the channels and flows through you but not collecting in the Dan Tian as i dont think you are guiding the energy there?

WYG

Hey man, I am checking with you to see if you have tried the practice from the book yet.

If so, what do you think?

Hi Mantra,

Unfortunately i havent REALLY tried it ive sat and help the posture feet raised and i did get the legs to start trembling. I did it for around 5 mins though! I have so much to practice at present i dont know if adding something like Kunlun will hurt my other practices plus how much time i have already!

I dont know if its the legs trembling for keeping the heels raised and under some tension it opens up the leg channel or its the trembling through just tension of the holding the legs in that position. To be honest i would love to give it a go i will do at some point. I guess i rather learn it and feel it from Max when he come to Oz and experience it 1st hand.

Can you tell me what is the full Kunlun system that Max teaches out?

So far in the book its 3 levels but ive been reading people are adding Red Phoenix, 5 element standing are they both from different arts Mao Shan, etc or all under Kunlun Pai? I guess i would like to know what is the Kunlun system that is what im asking?

Is it safe to do with other Meditation practices such as Stillness/emptness, Dan Tian, and taiji type moving meditations?

WYG

WYG,

you've been reading, questioning, and debating the topic of Kunlun almost for as long as it has been around the forum. these questions of yours have been answered 50 times over. recall that i was one of heaviest critics of Kunlun 6 months ago. but now even i'm thinking, why are you wasting so much time with questions that either a.) have been answered either directly or through a series of other explanations, or b.) don't really matter anyway?

for instance, you're basically asking for a map of the system when time and again it's been said that max is a system buster and doesn't hold dogmatically to any system. you're asking about the physiological results of the practice when a.) people are regularly writing about the results they're getting and, by default, not getting, and b.) you haven't taken the time to really try it for yourself.

i mean, what's the deal?

i'm not trying to be an ass, although i seem to have a knack for coming across that way at times.

everything you've just asked, EVERYTHING, has been answered in one form or another. and some of what you've asked is blatantly obvious, like the fact that mao shan and kunlun shan are NOT of the same school. as a teacher of the arts, YOU KNOW THAT.

so... ?

Hundun,

YES you are an ASS!! :D

I dont think all my answers in the past was answered my friend and HONESTLY, but lets not go down that track again.

My questions to MANTRA was sincere so please piss off with your attude i was not having a go at max or Kunlun in my post.

I have alot on my plate with my practice but am open minded enough to try other stuff "WHEN IT SUITES ME"! I like to gather as much information on the person and pratice that i would try rather then take someones word from a book or a guy on a forum with a months practice. I dont care about what others are getting with there results i do for myself!

Maybe some stuff was answered by others not Mantra before plus how many new Kunlun topics pop up with the same questions and post of there practice on level 1,2 i can name a few people that love posting Kunlun topics that have the same questions.

Anyhow my question to mantra was no concern of yours im looking for some answers to help me decide in a things on my path that is all. Will i do Kunlun maybe, im hoping to give it a try and see where it takes me AFTER i get some feedback!!!

Thanks for destroying my thread!! :angry:

LOL

WYG

Oh by the way, i didnt know Red Phoenix wasnt part of Kunlun same goes for 5 elements!

And

I dont understand why you would add all the others to it if Kunlun was so powerful i mean why have so much more into it if it brings enlightenment???

These are my concerns!!!

Hundun,

YES you are an ASS!! :D

I dont think all my answers in the past was answered my friend and HONESTLY, but lets not go down that track again.

My questions to MANTRA was sincere so please piss off with your attude i was not having a go at max or Kunlun in my post.

I have alot on my plate with my practice but am open minded enough to try other stuff "WHEN IT SUITES ME"! I like to gather as much information on the person and pratice that i would try rather then take someones word from a book or a guy on a forum with a months practice. I dont care about what others are getting with there results i do for myself!

Maybe some stuff was answered by others not Mantra before plus how many new Kunlun topics pop up with the same questions and post of there practice on level 1,2 i can name a few people that love posting Kunlun topics that have the same questions.

Anyhow my question to mantra was no concern of yours im looking for some answers to help me decide in a things on my path that is all. Will i do Kunlun maybe, im hoping to give it a try and see where it takes me AFTER i get some feedback!!!

Thanks for destroying my thread!! :angry:

LOL

WYG

Oh by the way, i didnt know Red Phoenix wasnt part of Kunlun same goes for 5 elements!

And

I dont understand why you would add all the others to it if Kunlun was so powerful i mean why have so much more into it if it brings enlightenment???

These are my concerns!!!

umm, you DO realize that the person you're asking is the same person who wrote those "words from a book," right?

whatevs. i just think it's a little ridiculous. no crime in my expressing that.

good luck with your recycled questions.

Hundun,

I do realise he wrote the book but lately there is a lot of talk on Red phoniex and other practices and i was thinking that its part of Kunlun as its taught with Kunlun by the sounds of it!

In the book i cant recall is it talks of Kunlun medicine or not dont quote me on that but see all new information keeps coming out with Kun lun so im asking what is the full Kunlun system just what is in the book?

WYG

I have noticed there is a couple of different styles that use a similar position

This is Zhong Yuan Gong taught by Mingtang Xu there are five levels to it.

post-1938-1211178311_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeff,

The ball posture is in most arts, both my arts Daoist and shaolin system is based on it and the ball is moved and played with.

Do you have this guys DVD?

WYG

Like you I am interested in finding the common threads to these Taoist and Buddhist arts. You can check it out at

http://www.zyqigong.com/core_curriculum.htm

The more I hear about Kunlun the more it sounds like a Ling related art as Yoda pointed out the other day in another thread.

cheers

Jeff

Wow, that chart at the bottom is REALLY COOL.

I'm not claiming to be at any particular level, but I seem to be seeking a lot of the things on stage 3 right now...

Cool picture towards the bottom too. People popping out of heads or something. Anyone know the general interpretation of it?

You guys together make the head and tail of an ass. Very Taoist. Hardy har.

So to address the question from another angle:

Does "Level 1" Kunlun address foundational cultivation of the biological center? IE dan tien aka hara aka lower cauldron?

Edited by Spectrum

You guys together make the head and tail of an ass. Very Taoist. Hardy har.

So to address the question from another angle:

Does "Level 1" Kunlun address foundational cultivation of the biological center? IE dan tien aka hara aka lower cauldron?

head..,

tail?

foundation

biological

aka aka

well since I`m the retard freshman with just one seminar and hardly any practise..I`ll have a go..

the kunlun level one gently shakes your systm open so the kunlun yin energy starts to move..and flow..and for some I guess..downwards..cool ..

- and when its closing time you bring your hands/consciousness/energy down to your lower dan tien. left hand under right or was it the other way around? I still get confused sometimes.

Edited by rain

Cool picture towards the bottom too. People popping out of heads or something. Anyone know the general interpretation of it?.

Might be the five aspects of the mind Hun, Shen, Yi, Po, Zhi.

Hun controls yang spirits in the body,

Po controls yin spirits in the body,

all are made of qi.

Hun is responsible for all formless consciousness,

including the three treasures: jing, qi and shen.

Po is responsible for all tangible consciousness,

including the seven apertures: two eyes, two ears, two nose holes, mouth.

Therefore, we call them 3-Hun and 7-Po.

As Po manifests, jing appears.

Because of jing, Hun manifests.

Hun causes the birth of shen,

because of shen,

consciousness comes forth,

because of consciousness the Po is brought forth again.

Hun and Po, yang and yin and Five Phases are endless cycles,

only the achieved can escape it.

Might be the five aspects of the mind Hun, Shen, Yi, Po, Zhi.

Hun controls yang spirits in the body,

Po controls yin spirits in the body,

all are made of qi.

Hun is responsible for all formless consciousness,

including the three treasures: jing, qi and shen.

Po is responsible for all tangible consciousness,

including the seven apertures: two eyes, two ears, two nose holes, mouth.

Therefore, we call them 3-Hun and 7-Po.

As Po manifests, jing appears.

Because of jing, Hun manifests.

Hun causes the birth of shen,

because of shen,

consciousness comes forth,

because of consciousness the Po is brought forth again.

Hun and Po, yang and yin and Five Phases are endless cycles,

only the achieved can escape it.

Great info, thanks! :)

Be nice to have an "interrelational 5 element"-type cyclic chart for this, though..

well, relatively speaking..

"The text which was to become the main source of medical theory also apparently dates from the Han. It is the Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine, supposed to have been written during the third millennium BCE by the mythical Yellow Emperor. A small portion of it is given below."

--------------

"The pure and lucid element of light is manifested in the upper artifices and the turbid element of darkness is manifested in the lower orifices. Yang, the element of light, originates in the pores. Yin, the element of darkness, moves within the five viscera. Yang the lucid force of light truly is represented by the four extremities- and Yin the

turbid force of darkness stores the power of the six treasures of nature. Water is an embodiment of Yin as fire is an embodiment of Yang. Yang creates the air, while Yin creates the senses, which belong to the physical body When the physical body dies, the spirit is restored to the air, its natural environment. The spirit receives its nourishment through the air, and the body receives its nourishment through the senses

"If Yang is overly powerful, then Yin may be too weak. If Yin is particularly strong, then Yang is apt to be defective If the male force is overwhelming, then there will be excessive heat. If the female force is overwhelming, then there will be excessive cold. "

"Nature has four seasons and five elements. To grant long life, these seasons and elements must store up the power of creation in cold, heat, dryness, moisture, and wind. Man has five viscera in which these five climates are transformed into joy, anger, sympathy, grief. and fear. The emotions of joy and anger are injurious to the spirit just as cold and heat are injurious to the body. Violent anger depletes Yin; violent joy depletes Yang. When rebellious emotions rise to Heaven the pulse expires and leaves the body When joy and anger are without moderation, then cold and heat exceed all measure, and life is no longer secure. Yin and Yang should be respected to an equal extent."

http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsal...ts/yinyang.html

head..,

tail?

foundation

biological

aka aka

well since I`m the retard freshman with just one seminar and hardly any practise..I`ll have a go..

the kunlun level one gently shakes your systm open so the kunlun yin energy starts to move..and flow..and for some I guess..downwards..cool ..

- and when its closing time you bring your hands/consciousness/energy down to your lower dan tien. left hand under right or was it the other way around? I still get confused sometimes.

That answers many unasked questions. Thanks again rain. Particularly the info on stirring yin qi. When we're stirring the pot (YCT) it's right over left for males, left over right for females. Opposite for closing up.

Edited by Spectrum

That answers many unasked questions. Thanks rain. When we're stirring the pot (YCT) it's right over left for males, left over right for females. Opposite for closing up.

thaknks. my master told me that it in fact has to do with a specific situation where a woman was seated at one side of a prominent person and the man at the other side. so it was a gesture of honor towards the hart of the buddha in the middle in that particular situation....but alas..

relativity

einstein is a fraud non?

please forgive me I understand no thing

Edited by rain

6 or 7 months ago i suggested that it was yin qi being activated, and that didn't go over so well.

something to the effect of "it's not qi; it's more like divine will."

i didn't at all get why the energy of the kunlun nei gung practice was being distinguished as 'non-qi.' it was one of the discrepancies which prevented me from trusting them as a group.

i still don't get why they seek to make what seems to be a dubious distinction at best.

not that it ultimately matters. i'm not holding a grudge with any of the kunlun crew.

That answers many unasked questions. Thanks again rain. Particularly the info on stirring yin qi. When we're stirring the pot (YCT) it's right over left for males, left over right for females. Opposite for closing up.

For Kunlun I'm pretty sure its left over right and all other like red phoenix and golden flower is right over left. I think I remember Max saying that the right over left stores the kunlun where left over right emits it outwards.

Sign in to follow this