Wun Yuen Gong

Thunder and Lightning breathing or Meditation

Again, I'm not an expert or infallable, but I do feel confident in my statements. That's what my notes tell me and that is what I remember David telling us during our training; and I do want to reassure you that what you are doing has meaning and purpose. It does to a very great degree.

Wait...is this the same Sean Denty who said Kostas Danaos was the real deal? Or who thought Mantak Chia was the real deal? Or who thought Indian yoga was the real deal? Or who thought Tibetan Buddhism was the real deal? I suppose Foundation is the real, real no kidding I mean it this time no seriously deal.

Not to diss anyone..

My feeling is astrology is mostly a waste of time.

Focus on awakening then who cares what your charts look like?

You are a Libra and your lesson is about balance. :)

My feeling is the Kunlun lineage might go way beyond Western Astrology.

If this is the case and if Chris could maybe comment(whenever..no rush whatsover).

You can't look it up but it's very easy to calculate with Chinese numerology. Here's one formula (for a male -- a female has to use a different formula because yin qi and yang qi flow in opposite directions):

1. Add the digits in your birth year. E.g., if you're born in 1965:

1+9+6+5=25

ummm. 1+9+6+5=21

Um... sorry, that was sloppy of me. I can do basic math. I wasn't doing it though, I looked up the formula on a page dense with numbers and used "whichever" number -- then decided to change it (to simplify the example) and forgot to change the sum. I wouldn't do that if I was doing the real reading, I would double-check the arithmetics of course.

However, since "anything I say can't be trusted" because of that, and I'm supposed to "concentrate on enlightenment instead" anyway, and astrology is "mostly a waste of time" in addition --

please disregard.

c'mon..I was just kidding.

C'mon..I have had to deal with people like this in my family..have some compassion.

Wait...is this the same Sean Denty who said Kostas Danaos was the real deal? Or who thought Mantak Chia was the real deal? Or who thought Indian yoga was the real deal? Or who thought Tibetan Buddhism was the real deal? I suppose Foundation is the real, real no kidding I mean it this time no seriously deal.

:lol: funny when you think about it that way. Part of the learning process I suppose.

For the record, Tibetan Buddhism and Indian Yoga are the real deal, but Mantak Chia is definitly not.

c'mon..I was just kidding.

C'mon..I have had to deal with people like this in my family..have some compassion.

Poor you! :D

Then again, the kind of family I come from could not only ridicule you to death but send you to your room with no dinner for the kind of math mistake I made -- so normally I don't freakin' make them, I was never allowed to. (I sent myself to my room with no cheesecake voluntarily when you did what my father always did... just a knee-jerk response. Now I think I'm gonna go ahead and eat it. WTF, you're not my father! :P )

All right... you're Metal of the West, trigram 7, Dui. In the Later Heaven arrangement, this places you directly against the 3-Zhen of the East, meaning that's your natural balancing force. So feeling that you benefit strongly from your 3-Zhen practice (which is what it is when stripped down to the basics) is fully justified -- indeed, you do; likewise, your pull towards things Eastern is a pull of an opposite that holds a reliable promise of balance for you personally. The remaining 99% of what Chinese astrology knows about you I will save for later.

"Whoever knows the tao of the changes and transformations, knows the actions of the gods." -- Ta Chuan

Taomoew,

Could you work my birth date out for me? 23 nov 1969 is my birthday and my sons 7 jan 2006

thanks

WYG

Hello Sean,

Without giving too many LSD secrets away, could i ask you how does one start to build a dan tian the way you guys are taught? For instance you mention many talk about it but most cant develop it why is that?

Also interesting about compressing the dan tian is that a physical action or a meditation type movement?

kind regards

wyg

I agree. The Denty has teased us for far too long with this talk of other practices not developing the real tan tien.

I mean..your sitting across from the guy..and you would think you would have the inclination to ask him about this in person..but all you care about are your delicious pancakes a nd syrup.

I mean..I don't know..pankakes and syrup after Kunlun almost make me want to forget to ask mighty Sean D these types of questions.

But..the time has come for him to throw us a bone on Taobums or please just stop mentioning it. As most all the other teacher people seem to have consider the tan tien the alchemical spaces of transformation along the core channel.

C'mon Sean! Give us a clue what is the "real" TT taught in your school!

Your friend,

Cam

Taomoew,

Could you work my birth date out for me? 23 nov 1969

Will it predict the asking of many question :lol:

Like Cam I'm not a believer in birth dates either. But Taomeow brings much more than maths (it like a spelling mistake did not even notice) and I do believe in I Ching predictions. Try 31 October 1973 if its fun rather than hard work for you.

Wun Yuen Gong, keep asking questions, you start good threads, not trying to discourage you, just having fun

Edited by Mal

I am half Ozzy. My family is mostly in Sydney.

If it wasn't so darn far away might visit once in awhile!

Damn straight im a pie eater, but not into f@cking them like the american pie! LOL

Where in Sydney, next time you come over send me a PM ill hook up with you if you keen?

Cool, I'll look you up.

Violet Crumble bars are superior to any American chocolates I will give you that.

My Nanna(Yes..I said Nanna)house is around the corner from the Sydney Opera House..atleast as far as I can remember..been a loooooooong time.

Do you guys have Tim Tams? They are the best chocolate biscuits i think here in Oz!

Your Nan lives near the Opera House huh, maybe the Rocks, circular Quay or woolloomooloo you mean?

Well, she died last year but her house is on Botany Street..I think my aunt lives there..or they might have even sold it.

Mal,

You are an Ozzy, You practice southern Mantis?

I teach Hakka kung fu as well!

WYG

Nice. If I remember my history correctly we are doing "similar" / "the same" stuff.

Tim Tams are pretty good, but the best chocolate is made by Cadbury :)

I would be so skinny if I didn't like their Dary Milk Chocolate!

Big picture, you are going to be way ahead of any Mo Pai when and if you decide to fill your 'Dantien' with yang qi (level one), compress it (level two), make it mobile (level three) and join yin and yang (four and five). You will have a much quicker, effective and efficient expereince.
Interesting. So the XSZ "foundation training" creates the dantien that you then fill in Level 1 here?

You can't look it up but it's very easy to calculate with Chinese numerology. Here's one formula (for a male -- a female has to use a different formula because yin qi and yang qi flow in opposite directions):

1. Add the digits in your birth year. E.g., if you're born in 1965:

1+9+6+5=25

2. Divide the sum by 9.

25:9=18, remainder 7.

3. Subtract the remainder from 11.

11-7= 4

The resulting number is your trigram. If, however, the resulting number is greater than 9, you would have to subtract 9 from the resulting number to get the number of your trigram.

If the remainder is 0, use the number 9 instead.

If your resulting number is 5, your personal trigram is 2.

Then of course you need to know how the eight trigrams are numbered and which sequence to use -- Earlier Heaven or Later Heaven. This you can look up somewhere, but I don't have a bookmark for where, sorry :) -- for an in-depth treatment, use The Great Treatise on the Changes, or Ta Chuan.

You mean you were born in a Red/Fire Rooster year? This doesn't make you a rooster or a fire sign (this is all pop astrology for entertainment purposes, nothing to do with the real thing) -- this gives you info about one animal sign out of six that govern your destiny (conception, year, month, day, hour, life). I have a Rooster in my chart too, and plenty of fire, but if you go by the most important one, that's the Month animal, and this makes me a Green/Wood Snake! :D -- but there's also a Tiger there and a what-not, a whole zoo. Then you have to consider your yin-yang patterns and your wuxing (Five Phases) qi... it gets complicated. Chinese astrology is bottomless... the "year animal" is a contributor to the picture, but its role is quite limited. However, your personal trigram gives you quite a bit of info to go on if you know where to take it. This knowledge comes gradually (in my experience), and every new piece of the puzzle that falls into place is a thrill. A worthy pursuit, AFAIK.

I'm trying to figure out your math but it's all wrong. 25 divided by 9 isnt 18. Is it a mistake in math or operation?