Yae

Looking for seekers / discussing my path (chill rant)

@Spotless,

it was my delusional mind what was pointing at you earlier, since i don't anymore see what i saw before. I figured that delusion is taking over me and if its bad i see bad everywhere. What i described i was describing my own mental state at that moment there!!

Edited by allinone

:D Who is Jim? WHat about reading traditional texts :D ? 

Who is Wang Liping charging thousands of $$$?

I called out Wang Liping on these forums months ago. I totally agree with you. $$$$ for full lotus meditation ? 

Any zen centre will teach this for free.

• Like 2

-------

My post was very specific to the original post:

We seekers often spend a great deal of time reading and getting quit specific in all the details but it is our practice that makes us more prone to the accident of awakening. The great shifts are often hindered and walled off by our reading - we end up having to breach the wall of preconceptions we have concocted from our reading.

Our teachers try to find the best of the inadequate words they can cobble together in hopes that some may glean the fragments they need to move forward - it is inbetween the words that the message shines.

As the big shifts take place in each and every case you will find they are not as you expected - they are far beyond your expectations, far more subtle or far more powerful and alive. Many progressions gain strength in such new ways as to constantly jerk you from your ground and remind you that you know nothing.

The simple meditation and breathing and self remembering in the day - this is the practice that puts the turtle in first place most of the other stuff is the rabbit chase.

Along the way many high experiences will take place - it is amazing how quickly they are taken for granted as we continue unfolding.

The growth and what you seek is not in the noise of the text but in the heart beat behind it. The perseverance of that beat is in the practice - constantly breaking pattern until pattern is of no value - because it is essentially noise and drops aways to become a faint background static that is then a reality one can step into and out of but no longer an automated happening within a cage of patterns that fit our liking - the liking of the usurper of our lives - our mind.

Amen.

still can go wrong even if you know what you are saying.

after 1st jhana you have same understanding. So can't really tell what you are following.

doing meditation, is little to no help for a person who doesn't know the fundamentals, so surely will end up with jhana. And then clings to the factors for years. Still when reached maximum level you need to enter mahayana path.

for mahayana you start with figuring out and then what you have figured out you try to implement. Wisdom is piling up to generate more wisdom. Whats on later is much different with what you begin.

doing meditation, is little to no help for a person who doesn't know the fundamentals, so surely will end up with jhana. And then clings to the factors for years. Still when reached maximum level you need to enter mahayana path.

I thought meditation was the fundamental  :).

I thought meditation was the fundamental  :).

http://cttbusa.org/lotus/lotus2.asp

The Buddha told Sharipura, “All the Buddhas, the Thus Come Ones, teach and transform only Bodhisattvas. All their actions are always for the one matter, and that is only to demonstrate and enlighten living beings to the Buddha’s knowledge and vision. Shariputra, in speaking Dharma to living beings, the Thus Come Ones use only the Buddha Vehicle. There are no other vehicles, whether two or three. Shariputra, the Dharma of all the Buddhas of the ten directions is thus. Shariputra, the Buddhas of the past, by means of limitless, countless expedient devices, various causes and conditions, analogies and expressions, have proclaimed all the dharmas to living beings. These dharmas were all for the sake of the One Buddha Vehicle. All these living beings, hearing the Dharma from the Buddhas, ultimately attain the Wisdom of All Modes.”