qibrush

Pain in prostate from stagnation?

Hi everyone, recently I've been having some pain in my prostate. This could be

due to stagnation of jing but I don't know if this is the case since the last time I ejaculated

was a week ago (I've been doing semen retention) so I shouldn't have had stagnation build

up in such a short time. About a day or two ago there was swelling in my taint area along with

pain in my prostate but that went away. Now there is pain in my prostate occasionaly and I don't really know what to do about it. Is there any massaging exercise anyone recommends? On a side note it seems that if I think sexual thoughts this pain gets worse. When I do the microcosmic orbit

it feels like this stagnation gets cleared a little bit but later in the day I still have pain. It started when

I was taking my jing and making it rise up but my sexual thoughts got the best of me and I ejaculated

that night. I had this weird sensation like there was a blockage in my lower abdomen before going to sleep.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks
UPDATE: I just did some lower abdomin breathing and it seemed to help the stagnation a little. I still don't

know what to do to completly clear it out though.

Edited by qibrush

I don't really know what to do about it. Is there any massaging exercise anyone recommends?

Try to apply pressure 1 to 1.5 inch below the belly button by using the index and middle fingers. You may feel a little pulsating pain, in the beginning, with impulses against your fingers. Continuing doing that until the pain or the impulse slows down or goes away. Please stop your ejaculation for awhile. The problem that you are experiencing was due to over masturbation. Good luck.

PM me for your progress.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Try to apply pressure 1 to 1.5 inch below the belly button by using the index and middle fingers. You may feel a little pulsating pain, in the beginning, with impulses against you fingers. Continuing doing that until the pain or the impulse slows down or goes away. Please stop your ejaculation for awhile. The problem that you are experiencing was due to over masturbation. Good luck.

PM me for your progress.

Thank you for the advice. So later today I was looking for a certain pdf file online when I saw those really provactive ads that they have to sell you things :glare: . My mind started thinking about it later and I was resisting it but like I said when I think about those thoughts my prostate started to hurt, well while I was resisting it felt like the blockage was broken through and It felt like the blocked-up energy went from my prostate to my taint area. So I had this searing pain running from my taint area to my scrotum. I tried applying pressure to that area you said along with abdominal breathing and it slowly went away. Now it feels like the blockage is gone. My prostate does feel sore but not in the blocked up kind of way more in the "I just lifted a bunch of weights" kind of way. So thanks again that was really bothering me, I must ask though what is the backround information pertaining to that spot? Isn't that where the lower dan tian is located? Why did it help in this case? Sorry for the questions I just want to learn more about this so I can fix it if it happens again in the future.

Edited by qibrush
  • Like 1

qibrush, thats good advice from Chi Dragon, it should help. May I suggest you also look at herbs, vitamin and minerals, in particular zinc which is a major healer for the prostate. Maybe also consider anti-inflammatories like Vitamin C and Astaxanthin which both help reduce inflammation and irritation. And keep doing your chi gung, moving and flowing chi thru the tan dien and prostate point is going to be helpful.

Edited by astralc
  • Like 1

"I've been doing semen retention"

"Pain in prostate"

I do wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard this.

Cause-effect.

Doing old style birth control is not needed. We have condoms now.

edit: And do take CD's advice about your excess. Cause-effect.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 4

Thank you for the advice.

So later today I was looking for a certain pdf file online when I saw those really provactive ads that they have to sell you things :glare: .

I tried applying pressure to that area you said along with abdominal breathing and it slowly went away. Now it feels like the blockage is gone. My prostate does feel sore but not in the blocked up kind of way more in the "I just lifted a bunch of weights" kind of way.

So thanks again that was really bothering me, I must ask though

1. what is the background information pertaining to that spot?

2. Isn't that where the lower dan tian is located?

3. Why did it help in this case?

4. My mind started thinking about it later and I was resisting it but like I said when I think about those thoughts my prostate started to hurt, well while I was resisting it felt like the blockage was broken through and It felt like the blocked-up energy went from my prostate to my taint area. So I had this searing pain running from my taint area to my scrotum.

Sorry for the questions I just want to learn more about this so I can fix it if it happens again in the future.

You welcome! I am glad that helped you to get rid of the pain.

I would like to express my appreciation for your honesty and humbleness for giving the opportunity to reveal the physiological secret of the human body. I will go over these questions in a series of posts because it involves the understanding of Western and Eastern medicines and scientific knowledge. Indeed, I think everyone deserves to know some knowledge pertaining to one's own body.

Let me start, here, with a little introduction about these questions.

1. It needs some explanations for both of the Western and Eastern medical knowledge.

2. Yes, the dan tain is located in this area which is your abdomen actually. Dan tian is just another name given for the abdomen by the Chinese Taoists.

3. Same as #1.

4. Same as #1.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Please read this :http://alchemicaltaoism.com/HLDangerMain.htm

You should stop doing forceful retention.

Self massage is good but might not be enough: Zhong Ji (CV3), San Yin Jiao (Sp6), Tai Chong ( Lv3), Tai Xi (K3) (the three lasts on both legs/feet), massage/press a significant number of times.

Consult a TCM doctor who may puncture you and/or give some some chinese herbs.

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 1

people dont realize that there are efferent nerves attached to the testes. efferent = carries signal away from the brain. think those thoughts = "telling them to produce"

root is mind. take care of that, as soon as the thought arises cease it, and go do something constructive, doesnt matter what.

retention + those thoughts = recipe for blue balls, recipe for stagnation.

dont manifest the potentials to begin with, redirect the habit energy elsewhere immediately.

no different than turning the volume knob down. amplify desired signal, attenuate undesired signal.

• Like 4

1. what is the background information pertaining to that spot?

In the TCM, there are two main meridians as they called them. Actually, it doesn't matter what they call. It was only a name for identification. Let's start with the meridian in the back along the spinal cord. It is called the Governor Vessel which has all the nerves as defined in the Western science. However, there are some discrepancies about which nerve is connected to a particular internal organ between the Western and Eastern concepts. When I come across a discrepancy, I would consider that the Western takes

precedent as a rule of thumb. It is because the knowledge about the Central Nervous System(CNS), the Western is way ahead than the Eastern.

Now, let's look at the Conception Vessel which is the meridian in front of the body. It is the meridian where you applied acupressure to the spot, in question, to get rid of your prostate pain. Literally speaking, the Conception Vessel may be a brand new nervous system to the Western. There three point on the meridian called Yinjiao(陰交, CV7), Qihai(氣海, CV6) and Shimen(石門, CV5). In reference to the book of acupuncture, these three points are related to the Reproductive System. It will cure many symptoms by applying acupressure to those points. The Chinese are way ahead of this though.

Next, I will go over why you were having the prostate pain as indicate in item #4. I will tell you why is your thinking about the provocative thing causing you the prostate pain. It may be just my educational guess.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

people dont realize that there are efferent nerves attached to the testes. efferent = carries signal away from the brain. think those thoughts = "telling them to produce"

root is mind. take care of that, as soon as the thought arises cease it, and go do something constructive, doesnt matter what.

retention + those thoughts = recipe for blue balls, recipe for stagnation.

dont manifest the potentials to begin with, redirect the habit energy elsewhere immediately.

no different than turning the volume knob down. amplify desired signal, attenuate undesired signal.

How true. I felt it needed to be repeated and I would add that the 'something constructive to do' should be meaningful

• Like 2

So later today I was looking for a certain pdf file online when I saw those really provactive ads that they have to sell you things :glare: .

4. My mind started thinking about it later and I was resisting it but like I said when I think about those thoughts my prostate started to hurt, well while I was resisting it felt like the blockage was broken through and It felt like the blocked-up energy went from my prostate to my taint area. So I had this searing pain running from my taint area to my scrotum.

Unfortunately, the guys can't stay away from those pdf files online. It is very easy to be triggered to do the foolish thing, especially, the guy is very potent. It was hard to turn off oneself as soon it was triggered. Let's say this potent guy had ejaculated three times today already. However, as soon he was thinking about those provocative things, the brain sends out a signal for the prostate to get ready to release some semen for another round. Unfortunately, the prostate is out of semen. Instead, it sends out a painful signal by saying, hey, I can't do it anymore. Another possibility may be that the prostate was trying too hard to release the semen and cause some pain. So, when you stop thinking about it, then the pain stops but not completely. That was why you were getting those sporadic pains.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Hmmm, all interesting information and I thank you for it. I don't really think semen retention is dangerous if done properly, in my case I still have to control my sexual desires (which is why I'm not really doing long distance retention until I can) I learned some good techniques like the sixth Tibetan and the microcosmic orbit. I really like the benefits I get from it especially the energy boost and If I release it feels like it takes up to a week before I get all those benefits back.

Semen retention is not dangerous. However, there is really no need to retain it. It should be released once awhile and replenish it. Otherwise, the reproductive system will get rusty. As soon the semen was released, the new one will be reproduced in no time. Anyway, one should keep the reproductive system active to living as a normal human being but just do over do it.

btw

I tried applying pressure to that area you said along with abdominal breathing and it slowly went away.

I forgot to mention about the abdominal breathing; but did it anyway. Good....!!!

PS....
Modern doctors said those who masturbate often may have a less chance of getting prostate cancer. I don't know how true that is.

Edited by ChiDragon

PS....

Modern doctors said those who masturbate often may have a less chance of getting prostate cancer. I don't know how true that is.

this is another case of western doctors having no freakin clue and confusing correlation with causation. if they said "regular healthy sexual activity" then they would have been correct, but that statement assumes a yinyang balance, whereas a doctor saying an activity that has no energy balance and is far more harmful in similarly sized large doses, has the same effect?

get that crap out of here, toss that statement into the garbage bin, it was an irresponsible statement.

"I aint too speedy cuz I beat it too much"

-Mystikal

c'mon, you cant even compare the grip of the two, or the energy balance, or the mechanics or the acts! :lol: one says veritable balance in a wide range of proportion and the other says virtually guaranteed imbalance in the wrong proportion.

• Like 1

In the TCM, there are two main meridians as they called them. ...

Now, let's look at the Conception Vessel which is the meridian in front of the body. It is the meridian where you applied acupressure to the spot, in question, to get rid of your prostate pain.

It's *way* more complicated than that. There are 12 regular channels and 8 extraordinary vessels. If you go to virtually *any* doctor of Chinese medicine, they'll use a variety of points from various channels, depending upon your condition. Du & ren (aka, governing & conception vessels, aka microcosmic orbit) are basically what westerns are told about first through over-simiplified presentations, what I call "pop-Taoism". I've had *many* treatments by various drs of Ch medicine over several decades and I've *never* had a treatment that included just du & ren, and have very often had treatments that didn't include those vessels at all.

For anyone who is serious about this sort of study, I suggest that you get a medical-level text about channels and acupoints, such as Peter Deadman's A Manual of Acupuncture.

Semen retention is not dangerous.

Whaaaa??? Ever since I started cruising the Taoist discussion forums, (starting at the "Healing Tao" site, before TTBs existed) maybe the most common dysfunctional pattern is that guys show up messed up from exploring semen retention. It's typical. And *usually* (not always) the teachers from those schools will deflect the severity of the dangers, make it the students' fault, etc, etc.

Basically the problem is that tension gets stored (in the fluids, tissues and energetic channels), and that inhibits (qi & blood) circulation, creates blockages of various kinds. All sorts of disorders come from that.

Some of this is documented, spelled out more fully, in these two links:

1. Healing Tao cautions. (TTBs thread accessible to members only)

2. Essential reading external link: (available to anyone on the www) Essays/posts by 5 different Healing Tao instructors cautioning about the "Healing Love" and "Iron Shirt 1: Packing Breathing" practices within that system.

As far as the simplest channel-related self-massage, probably the best we've come up with (which was originally recommended by a doctor of Ch. medicine, btw) is to *slowly* massage the entire length of the Liver channel, spending more time when ever you come to a spot of pain, tenderness, or a knot.

MsgAcuCh_Liv.jpg

While masssaging, if you are unclear whether you're on the Liver channel or not, just stay in the "grooves" between muscles (or between muscles and bones) and even if you're not on the Liver channel chances are you'll be on a channel that is useful. :)

"I've been doing semen retention"

"Pain in prostate"

I do wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard this.

Yup.

- Trunk

• Like 3

Very impressive, Trunk.
Yes, it is complicated. We should make it less complicate for an ordinary person to understand in a simple way. Especially, it works for a particular problem.

So, Qibrush asked for help; and I try to help him with the best of my knowledge which is very limited. The problem was resolved. Then, why should we make a simple solution more complicated than it should....???

PS.....
BTW Qibrush was not the first person that I'd helped to resolve with this kind of problem online.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Semen retention is not dangerous. However, there is really no need to retain it. It should be released once awhile and replenish it. Otherwise, the reproductive system will get rusty. As soon the semen was released, the new one will be reproduced in no time. Anyway, one should keep the reproductive system active to living as a normal human being but just do over do it.

PS....

Why should the first sentence be brought out of context.....???

Edited by ChiDragon

because it IS dangerous when done improperly, and you had a blanket statement saying otherwise there.

• Like 1

Glad you helped this fellow to some degree with his immediate discomfort.

Often these sorts of problems are very stubborn to resolve, more extensively difficult, especially if someone has been experimenting with semen retention for a long time. In those cases your remedy is far from sufficient and saying that retention is not dangerous simply sends many students off a cliff from which they have a very difficult time recovering from. You don't know what seriousness of future trouble you are setting students up for by repeating overly simplistic solutions and assurances of no danger. Read the links that I provided.

Semen retention, what is popularly advertised as a key to physical and emotional health, quality relationships, and spiritual profundity - actually also carries great risk of destruction along all of those lines.

Part of the problem is that it's an inherently dangerous, tricky area. Also however, unfortunately, the state of popularly available knowledge about sexual energy cultivation is quite poor. There are lots of books, and people teaching, but a responsible treatment of the subject - one that includes proper information regarding dangers, realistic expectations, profound understanding, and effective solutions along the lines of remedial health, basic good health, and advanced practices - is nearly entirely missing. We are just not there yet, as a culture.

Edited by Trunk

Hmmm, all interesting information and I thank you for it. I don't really think semen retention is dangerous if done properly, in my case I still have to control my sexual desires (which is why I'm not really doing long distance retention until I can) I learned some good techniques like the sixth Tibetan and the microcosmic orbit. I really like the benefits I get from it especially the energy boost and If I release it feels like it takes up to a week before I get all those benefits back.

Sorry, if I have caused any trouble by quoting it here. Perhaps, I have brought it out of context myself.

Trunk,

The liver meridian massage idea appeals to me. Do you recommend starting at the big toe and working up, or the other way around? Does it matter? Thanks.

Liminal

Glad you helped this fellow to some degree with his immediate discomfort.

Often these sorts of problems are very stubborn to resolve, more extensively difficult, especially if someone has been experimenting with semen retention for a long time. In those cases your remedy is far from sufficient and saying that retention is not dangerous simply sends many students off a cliff from which they have a very difficult time recovering from. You don't know what seriousness of future trouble you are setting students up for by repeating overly simplistic solutions and assurances of no danger. Read the links that I provided.

Yes, I do agree it was stubborn to resolve. However, I had resolved. This prostate pain is very irritating and worry some. It seems like the menstrual pain in a woman during her periods. I feel sorry that they had to go through this painful period every month.

Unfortunately, the guys only have this problem with pain from over masturbation. The pain was caused by the reproductive system being over worked. The problem with masturbation is it can be done anytime, with no control, as soon it was triggered. I am very sorry for the guys who had to do it few times a day during their teens; and that is where the problem begins. When the pain occurs, these poor guys have no place to go for help. The reason is that every body does quietly in the closet and keep the problem within.

I know there is a big urge for the teens during their development stage. Sorry, they were young and didn't know better. Fanatically, they just go perform the undesirable habit and hurt themselves without proper guidance. Regretfully, we all have to live through with this. If one cannot ask for a solution, then one has to find a solution by all means. Just for your curiosity, why do you think I know so much about this....???

Edited by ChiDragon

As far as the simplest channel-related self-massage, probably the best we've come up with (which was originally recommended by a doctor of Ch. medicine, btw) is to *slowly* massage the entire length of the Liver channel, spending more time when ever you come to a spot of pain, tenderness, or a knot.

MsgAcuCh_Liv.jpg

While masssaging, if you are unclear whether you're on the Liver channel or not, just stay in the "grooves" between muscles (or between muscles and bones) and even if you're not on the Liver channel chances are you'll be on a channel that is useful. :)

Yup.

- Trunk

So, why the Liver meridian as opposed to the Kidney, which seems to be more theoretically associated with jing & sexual functioning?

CHART-2-MERIDIAN-KIDNEY-RED.gif

Is it because the Liver meridian also passes by the genital area and/or is the Wood element...to help "sport wood?" :lol: Or something else?