Sign in to follow this  
Yinja

Hello to all

Hello to what seems as a great community :)

I am not a man of words (especialy not in the english language) but i do get along pretty good with my feelings after a big conflict between them and giving them away for "reality" to take place..

Not so long ago(maybe 3 weeks from now) i read one quote from the Tao Te Ching which i cant remember but i decided i must get a copy, So i did.

Reading the book was an incredible expirience which you probably can relate to, just imagine discovering Tao for the first time!, though i felt it for quite some time and everything i belived in but didnt had the courage to follow it just yet is now seems to be alot easier to follow almost blindly.

I thought i dont need any more words and its all within me the path was clear, but then i discovered meditation which ive been doing before unaware it is what it is. i started reading and some concepts of Buddhism got my attention such as destorying the illusion.

So i will give you abit of my background but dont let it confuse you. I live in israel i am an incombat army vet ( not from choise realy) passionate about windsurfing snowboarding and guitar playing

i didnt get along in school and got in external school finished it when i was 17 went down to Sinai for a self discovery and found out what i am looking for is not in other places but in me and im looking for it ever since :)

So after introducing myself i would like ask a few questions if thats ok.

First question: can someone explaing the differences between Taoism and Buddhism.

Another question is, i would like to start medetate inorder to gain some concentration (unless someone has a better idea of what to start with) and start being in the "now" can any of you give me a few pointers or maybe a specific medetation example i would be more than greatful.

Thanks in advance

Yinja

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as a member. You may wish to ask your questions in the appropriate sections of the forum as not all members look here. On the other hand you may well find that you receive an answer. Time will tell.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Note: all female members are more than welcome to join the discussions at our new

Women’s Cultivation forum, moderated by rainbowvein and zanshin

Sign in to follow this