Sign in to follow this  
Lth

Human ghosts/spirits vs aliens/entities

Moving out of thinking mind into a felt sense experience of the world.

Take regular walks in nature, but walk at natures pace, slowly. Slow everything down. Don't jump your attention from thing to thing as the mind likes to do, but rather let your attention settle on each thing and really take in the 'impressions' of it, the deep feeling it has.

I wonder why you believe that nature is particularly slow..?

In my experience, it moves at all speeds.

Exactly. That is what's called perceiving. If you are able to take more information from all that is at a slower pace, you are faster than someone who can take less at a faster pace.

The reason you slow down is because you give time to process the information consciously and not jump from one distraction to another.

haha, of course it does.

That term (natures pace) is sometimes used because slowing down is particularly useful for facilitating deep states of connectivity or even union with nature.

In response to both of you: OK.. I get it. But

I love my daily walk in the woods. The smells, the sounds, the sights... it feels like home. And so I kind of know what you mean about connectivity.

But sometimes I like to just take off, run as fast as I can, climb a tree, etc... and I feel a great connection then, too.

• Like 1

In response to both of you: OK.. I get it. But

I love my daily walk in the woods. The smells, the sounds, the sights... it feels like home. And so I kind of know what you mean about connectivity.

But sometimes I like to just take off, run as fast as I can, climb a tree, etc... and I feel a great connection then, too.

Thats fine, I do to. I like running, dancing, jumping and martial arts.

My comment was about how to enter a deeper layer of experience, not a law saying that you can't run or go wild.

I also agree that you can feel very connected being wild {and vigorous or fast) in nature. Shamanisms many millennia of trance dancing should be a good point.

But, if you are wanting to start to see spirits, in various forms, then slow moving and using careful 'feeling perception' rather than mental observation is an exceptionally good method. Thats what my post was about.

Edited by Seth Ananda

It is my personal experience that experiencing cold temperatures when interacting with "entities" or other the energy bodies of human beings is not an indicator of going into deeper consciousness. In fact, it is the direct opposite. You are actually losing your spiritual cohesiveness of your mind-body-spirit's connection.

Ok, sounds like we just disagree. :)

I suffer less?

anesthesia can block out the pain, but you're still being cut open by a scalpel

Edited by 子泰

A simple disagreement? :huh:

One who wishes to experience deeper consciousness must seriously consider the steps s/he takes in their spiritual cultivation. Since many small and big decisions affect one's spiritual trajectory.

One may perceive that s/he resides in deeper consciousness. One may perceive that s/he views natural spiritual reality with clarity. But, how would s/he truly know? What is the "quality control system" to ensure one's truth is "the truth"?

Increasing clarity  (or as above...less suffering... :) )

anesthesia can block out the pain, but you're still being cut open by a scalpel

Anesthesia is a temporary thing.  The truth of the condition is found in normal daily living.

If I suffer under an ethical dilemma because I know pulling the wings off flies is wrong but I really like doing it (as a made-up example) but then I rationalize that it is the flies' karma and I am actually helping them along their path by dismembering them, my suffering seems lessened.

• Like 1

If I suffer under an ethical dilemma because I know pulling the wings off flies is wrong but I really like doing it (as a made-up example) but then I rationalize that it is the flies' karma and I am actually helping them along their path by dismembering them, my suffering seems lessened.

And you consider that increasing clarity...? 

Best wishes :)

• Like 1

As Dipa Ma (Buddhist teacher) said, sense pleasures are not 'wrong' intrinsically, as pleasure & pain is very much part of the fabric of existence, but a warped view based on sense-desire is that which produces suffering - Such a view tend to produce heightened grasping at pleasure and an incessant craving to avoid pain and everything else that is associated with loss, decreased comfort, and so on - these desires, built in a sense on unequal measures of self-cherishing, which also tend to indicate some sort of imbalance, are what drives delusion & ignorance, which in turn perpetuates the repetition of (negative and destructive) habits. 

And you consider that increasing clarity...? 

Best wishes :)

Heavens no! You know better than that.

I consider it, however, to be an example of an individual thinking he/she has reduced his/her suffering and mistaking that for evidence that his/her path is a healthy one, as per rainbowvein's post above. Of course, it is possible (perhaps likely) that the person in my example actually does perceive this rationalization to be the result of "increasing clarity" (that's how rationalizations work) but that should in no way suggest that I consider it to be so.

• Like 3

<goes to get off fat arse to help > 

Urrrgh .... < floomps back into chair > ...   ahh, what the hell, it must be their karma !  ;) 

• Like 1

As Dipa Ma (Buddhist teacher) said, sense pleasures are not 'wrong' intrinsically, as pleasure & pain is very much part of the fabric of existence, but a warped view based on sense-desire is that which produces suffering - Such a view tend to produce heightened grasping at pleasure and an incessant craving to avoid pain and everything else that is associated with loss, decreased comfort, and so on - these desires, built in a sense on unequal measures of self-cherishing, which also tend to indicate some sort of imbalance, are what drives delusion & ignorance, which in turn perpetuates the repetition of (negative and destructive) habits.

So the individual's perception of "suffering" in necessarily an unreliable gauge because that which the individual perceives to be beneficial may well be precisely the opposite -- that's my point.

• Like 1

That's a fine interpretation, but what happens when people see the same energies/phenomenon? Mass hallucination?

Sign in to follow this