Owledge

Natural order is a yang view

( from my blog: http://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/natural-order-is-a-yang-view/ )

The term “natural order”, even if implying disorder, comes from a mindset of order. It is merely the idea that nature imposes an order of higher authority, and bowing to an authority is an order thing. This is easier for an order-affine mind to accept than to realize that there is no natural order. There is only nature. Nature implies both order and chaos.
It is no surprise that in our world that has been so much shaped by order addicts and control freaks the term “chaos” has such negative connotations (and "anarchy" with it). But keep in mind the great horrors that excessive order can manifest. … Especially when its imbalance is threatened to become more balanced through the forces of chaos and it tries to preserve its dominance.
One might find that it is often not chaos itself that manifests the great peril, but the fear of chaos.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 3

Well, we get to agree on these concepts.

And true, sometimes the movements of the things of the universe seem to be orderly and othertimes they seem to be chaotic. Order within chaos? Or the other way around?

• Like 1

Order is a temporary illusion created by the rational mind as a method of self-validation & consolation, and the illusion invariably breaks down upon closer scrutiny. The rational mind tries to pretend this isn't the case.

EDIT: Change "temporary illusion" to "temporary transitional state"

Order within chaos? Or the other way around?

Neither and/or both.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

But my chair isn't an illusion.

Call it a temporary transitional state, if it makes you more comfortable. :)

Patterns appearing and dissolving within an ocean of energy.

"Your chair" may not seem like an illusion but if you look more closely at it, you'll find it is a compilation of illusions. Heck! Even if you overlook that point, you can't really say where your chair ends and the air begins.

OK, not you, mind you, because you have chosen to disregard anything which causes cognitive dissonance with your belief system... ;)

• Like 1

Call it a temporary transitional state, if it makes you more comfortable. :)

Patterns appearing and dissolving within an ocean of energy.

"Your chair" may not seem like an illusion but if you look more closely at it, you'll find it is a compilation of illusions. Heck! Even if you overlook that point, you can't really say where your chair ends and the air begins.

OK, not you, mind you, because you have chosen to disregard anything which causes cognitive dissonance with your belief system... ;)

Life indeed is easy if you don't look too closely at things.

I can understand why one would choose not to. Everybody has their point at which it gets too scary.

• Like 2

If one can trace the subtle energetic "breadcrumbs," of formed and unformed unfoldings, what won't make sense?

The question to ask yourself:

How subtle can you allow yourself to be? To be able to become a "subtle energy tracker?"

This is my path, too.

Ego and the rational mind continue to get in the way but less and less.

Well, we get to agree on these concepts.

And true, sometimes the movements of the things of the universe seem to be orderly and othertimes they seem to be chaotic. Order within chaos? Or the other way around?

Isn't that the Freemason's creed?

edit: my mistake, its order from chaos - Ordo ab chao (lat.)

Edited by C T

Life indeed is easy if you don't look too closely at things.

I can understand why one would choose not to. Everybody has their point at which it gets too scary.

Scary or pointless?

It's an illusion to a more pedantic extent, but in practicle terms, it being a material object that can be sat on is of more use.

Let's not get confused by thinking we might fall straight through the chair one day ;)

Scary or pointless?

It's an illusion to a more pedantic extent, but in practicle terms, it being a material object that can be sat on is of more use.

Let's not get confused by thinking we might fall straight through the chair one day ;)

It indeed isn't very practical, yes. I was confronted with that stuff during my ayahuasca trip and it made me more practically-oriented. ... Not sure whether that's just a fear-based avoidance strategy though. Distinct memory is getting vague there, I mostly just remember my reactions to the things I was aware of, but that's already eerie enough.

You could say the whole experience weakened my fear of death, but what's the point? I'm still afraid of not finding fulfillment, so it comes down to the same result.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Isn't that the Freemason's creed?

edit: my mistake, its order from chaos - Ordo ab chao (lat.)

I was hoping you weren't going to accuse me of plagiarism. Those thoughts came from my mind and I'm not a Freemason. But in truth, the thought was fed by a Discordian I once knew.

• Like 1

I'm still afraid of not finding fulfillment, so it comes down to the same result.

That's good. Seeking fulfillment is much better than seeking enlightenment.

er, well, did you click the link and read the article? My guess is, no ;)

I did a quick scan. Decided I wasn't interested in reading it.

• Like 1

I was hoping you weren't going to accuse me of plagiarism. Those thoughts came from my mind and I'm not a Freemason. But in truth, the thought was fed by a Discordian I once knew.

Nope, it was just me thinking out loud when i read that thing.

Wasn't too sure so went digging, and corrected with the late edit.

Order from chaos i think is a process, whereas order within chaos is more like a principle.

Thats my view anyway.

:)

• Like 1

what? you not open to a little iconoclasty? :-)

Hehehe. Belly laughs. If I want to know what Brian has to say I will listen to Brain, not to someone who thinks they know what Brian has said.

Nope, it was just me thinking out loud when i read that thing.

Wasn't too sure so went digging, and corrected with the late edit.

Order from chaos i think is a process, whereas order within chaos is more like a principle.

Thats my view anyway.

:)

I just had to go look.

Discordianism: The religion has been likened to Zen, based on similarities with absurdist interpretations of the Rinzai school, as well as Taoist philosophy. Discordianism is centered on the idea that both order and disorder are illusions imposed on the universe by the human nervous system, and that neither of these illusions of apparent order and disorder is any more accurate or objectively true than the other.

Hehehe. Belly laughs. If I want to know what Brian has to say I will listen to Brain, not to someone who thinks they know what Brian has said.

Actually, he says that Brian has got it all wrong, and makes a damn strong argument. It's a very good article, really.

• Like 1

You listen to Brain, I listen to Pinkie.

• Like 2