Sign in to follow this  
dc9

qigong and sexual energy

I'm going to take a qigong beginners class soon. The type of qigong is called wild goose.

I am also practicing celibacy to the best of my ability for quicker cultivation. This won't be a lifelong thing, just until I feel that I have reached my goals.. not that I'm turning down sex or anything, I've got some shyness/anxiety issues with women. I've read that sexual energy is one of the keys to feeling energy/qi/chakra.

I want to ask if taking this class will be enough to "redirect" whatever pent up sexual desire I have into something more useful? It's pretty hard right now, walking past any female who shows some skin kind of make my mind go into a frenzy lol. It's a fleeting thing actually, but it's still difficult when I'm in that moment. So will taking this class be enough to help me with this? Has anyone heard of or practice wild goose qi gong?

edit: I've also been doing two 20min mantra meditation sessions everyday since starting this practice, so it's not like i'm diving into celibacy without doing anything else, btw.

Edited by dc9
  • Like 1

I'm going to take a qigong beginners class soon. The type of qigong is called wild goose.

I am also practicing celibacy to the best of my ability for quicker cultivation. This won't be a lifelong thing, just until I feel that I have reached my goals.. not that I'm turning down sex or anything, I've got some shyness/anxiety issues with women. I've read that sexual energy is one of the keys to feeling energy/qi/chakra.

I want to ask if taking this class will be enough to "redirect" whatever pent up sexual desire I have into something more useful? It's pretty hard right now, walking past any female who shows some skin kind of make my mind go into a frenzy lol. It's a fleeting thing actually, but it's still difficult when I'm in that moment. So will taking this class be enough to help me with this? Has anyone heard of or practice wild goose qi gong?

edit: I've also been doing two 20min mantra meditation sessions everyday since starting this practice, so it's not like i'm diving into celibacy without doing anything else, btw.

I have been practing Wild Goose for about 3 and a half years now. I have learned the 1st 64 Form. Soon will be learning the 2nd 64.

It is an amazing system. It will definitely help you transmute/ re-direct/ internalize your sexual energy, if done daily. It will also bring huge healing benefits. Thats been my experience.

Keep in mind that your sexual energy will get stronger, as well. Its a weird thing, you practice to utilize your sexual energy while at the same time your sex drive and energy gets stronger. So the more you practice, the harder it is to contain!

That is a good thing. You will get stronger from your base drives. Just keep practicing. Keep training.

Emotionally, it is good you are aware of the aspects you want to change. It helps to be aware of what must change. You may find that your emotional state transforms as you practice Wild Goose. Mine did.

• Like 5

Very encouraging to hear, thanks

You are welcome. It is an amazing system to practice. It improved my health and was able to improve dysfunctions I was born with. The 1st 64 did has not completely healed these pre-birth dysfunctions, it has improved them dramatically to where I can now actually function and live in the world.

The 1st 64 deals with the Post Natal world, the 2nd with the Pre-Natal. I feel excited to see if the 2nd will completely heal dysfunctions that originated pre-birth.

Anywho, all this to say, I am a huge proponent of the system and have experienced tremendous, life saving and altering transformation from its practice.

I hope you experience the same, if not better, benefits.

Great luck and most of all, Enjoy!

• Like 3

If you dont mind sharing, I would love to hear a little about how the practice has helped you. If not, it's okay too :).

I am curious about one thing though. You mentioned you have practiced for 3.5 years, and you still are on the first set. I assume that this practice is fairly complex and takes a while to get a handle of, is that right?

• Like 1

I have been practing Wild Goose for about 3 and a half years now. I have learned the 1st 64 Form. Soon will be learning the 2nd 64.

It is an amazing system. It will definitely help you transmute/ re-direct/ internalize your sexual energy, if done daily. It will also bring huge healing benefits. Thats been my experience.

Keep in mind that your sexual energy will get stronger, as well. Its a weird thing, you practice to utilize your sexual energy while at the same time your sex drive and energy gets stronger. So the more you practice, the harder it is to contain!

That is a good thing. You will get stronger from your base drives. Just keep practicing. Keep training.

Emotionally, it is good you are aware of the aspects you want to change. It helps to be aware of what must change. You may find that your emotional state transforms as you practice Wild Goose. Mine did.

This quote:

"Keep in mind that your sexual energy will get stronger, as well. Its a weird thing, you practice to utilize your sexual energy while at the same time your sex drive and energy gets stronger. So the more you practice, the harder it is to contain!"

This is typically not true unless you are not cultivating your overall sensuality. For the most part if you are undertaking a full practice with a teacher and retaining, retaining becomes easier and easier within a month or so. However, retaining is not recommended for a great number of students - it is often dogmatic teaching that would have us thinking it is great for everyone and necessary for really advanced stuff - this is definitely not necessarily true at all and often just poppycock.

Retaining can be employed in the short term for very specific jumps in steam (4-6 weeks) and it can be very useful over

Long hauls as well when working on proclivities and certain control work but often these long hauls are only 3-6 months.

Really start a dialog with your teacher - if you are lucky they will be very helpful in this. It should be tailored to you specifically.

For the majority of students retaining often creates the wrong results - particularly if not directed there by a master.

Just starting a full practice makes many people squirrelly enough - retaining and not changing your diet often put people off the cliff.

To many beginners retain, do spinal breathing, still drink alcohol and eat like crap, and then wander over here needing help with kundalini problems. If you are dying to feel something taking mushrooms would be waaaaayyyy better for you, but even better would be a sane teacher based teaching with sound practice and not a hyperspace approach.

• Like 2

Interesting insight on retention, Spotless. I don't just want plain sensations or experience, though, I want progress, which is what I've heard that retention can give me. Kundalini? I would just love to have that... even if it hurts a bit.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I'm kind of embarassed to bring this up to my teacher. I haven't met her, but from her picture/bio, she's an elderly lady.. I'm not sure if she would even know about retention since that's a male thing.

If you dont mind sharing, I would love to hear a little about how the practice has helped you. If not, it's okay too :).

I am curious about one thing though. You mentioned you have practiced for 3.5 years, and you still are on the first set. I assume that this practice is fairly complex and takes a while to get a handle of, is that right?

I dont mind sharing at all. I was born with an underdeveloped digestive system(intestines, stomach etc) and liver. There were complications at birth that damaged my skeletal system, predominently my skull, as well. These were supposed to mature around age 2. They never did. This, along with various traumas eventually created a whole system dysfuntion/ disease pattern that nearly killed me.

Wild Goose is what saved my life. It is the one thing that radically improved my overall constitution and improved my health by miles. Before, I could barely function. My memory and mind were a fog, constant exhaustion and pain, barely exerting any energy like going grocery shopping for two hours once a week would end in migraines, vomitting, shakes and chills for a day at least. Then, for the rest of the week I would be wiped out.

Now, in the past year I have gotten to where I can work a 6 hour shift 4 days a week in a high activity job. On the off days, I dont just collapse into exhausted rest. I am out doing things, errands, dates, etc. I can wake up in the morning, where before my body would be unable to function, now I can live a full day of activity. A complete transformation in my overall constitution! Deep and constant.

I did not just do Wild Goose, though. The first year and a half I did not do much clinical work, then I added in some occasional clinical work and supplementation. Diet is also a big factor. Although, now I can eat crappier food ( meaning other then fresh, organic veggies and some meats) and not only function, but feel good and thrive. The WG is the big life altering factor and still makes a big difference in how alive I feel.

To answer your question about complexity, I have only learned the 1st 64 form, not because it is so complex that it requires that long to learn but because I studied other QiGong forms and styles with my teacher afterwards. Plant many seeds, see what takes root, kind of thing. We also refined the form, altering the basic movements to the more advanced.

It took me about 6 months to learn the 1st 64 Form, seeing my teacher twice a week. Lots of practice, hehe. I had to go over it over and over in my mind, then practice for hours every day just to remember 3 moves! hah. Now, I remember easily.

It is a fantastic, life long practice. If it speaks to you, works with you...You will be amazed, I feel.

I hope that my experience helps you.

Are you willing to share who your potential teacher is?

• Like 9

This quote: "Keep in mind that your sexual energy will get stronger, as well. Its a weird thing, you practice to utilize your sexual energy while at the same time your sex drive and energy gets stronger. So the more you practice, the harder it is to contain!" This is typically not true unless you are not cultivating your overall sensuality. For the most part if you are undertaking a full practice with a teacher and retaining, retaining becomes easier and easier within a month or so. However, retaining is not recommended for a great number of students - it is often dogmatic teaching that would have us thinking it is great for everyone and necessary for really advanced stuff - this is definitely not necessarily true at all and often just poppycock. Retaining can be employed in the short term for very specific jumps in steam (4-6 weeks) and it can be very useful over Long hauls as well when working on proclivities and certain control work but often these long hauls are only 3-6 months. Really start a dialog with your teacher - if you are lucky they will be very helpful in this. It should be tailored to you specifically. For the majority of students retaining often creates the wrong results - particularly if not directed there by a master. Just starting a full practice makes many people squirrelly enough - retaining and not changing your diet often put people off the cliff. To many beginners retain, do spinal breathing, still drink alcohol and eat like crap, and then wander over here needing help with kundalini problems. If you are dying to feel something taking mushrooms would be waaaaayyyy better for you, but even better would be a sane teacher based teaching with sound practice and not a hyperspace approach.

I think what I meant was not expressed properly. I will expand to clarify.

Retention is not a big part of WG, as I understand it. The system itself does sublimate your sexual energies, through practice. It also strengthens your post natal body (1st 64 Form), thereby increasing your sexual energy and drive.

If you want to retain, you will find these two dynamics playing out in various ways when you practice.

I happen to need to retain, otherwise my health plummets. It is also pretty easy for me, as I do not hold my self to unreachable standards. I work the natural way as best I can. Keeping the practice relaxed and feeling good. Sometimes my body wants to ejaculate, most of the time it does not.

The practice of WG works the best for me to channel that energy, allowing my body more room to utilize and expand its functions. ie- instead of putting such potent forces into sperm to create life outside of me, utilize it to create more life in me.

It is not something necessary for most. My teacher ( who is also my doctor/ healer) is the one who is incorporating retention/ sublimation into my practice as my unique constitution requires it to improve.

I hope that clarifies what I was attempting to express.

Edited by Uroboros
  • Like 3

Great clarification Uroboros

This is exactly how retention works very well and is appropriate to a student.

Regarding my comments on the how sexual drive increases:

Typically it increase for a short amount of time after sexual activity, then it slacks for a week or so, then peaks in about 2 weeks and then if you do not act upon it and do not indulge thoughts about it, it begins to dissipate more from our thoughts and becomes less and less reactionary.

When you encounter the right pheromones and meet with those that are highly attractive to you these thoughts and feelings come back for a time but again if you do not indulge them with future time dreams or past time sentiments but simply appreciate the beauty and feelings and move past them then your constant thinking of sex moves to other things.

We spend a horrendous amount of time and energy thinking of sex and indulging in it. We also spend an horrendous amount of time and energy thinking of politics and our positions and in petty judgements and constant rehashing of ideas and internal orations.

It is work in not indulging in these forms of energy dissipation that bring enormous power back to us simply by not constantly venting it within our space. This constitutes the greater part of our illusion.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

I have had issues with a lack of ching energy cultivation in the past. My marriage was suffering because of it.

Mantak Chia's book Toaist Secrets of Love: Cultivating Male Sexual Energy is a great resource concerning ching energy, how to properly cultivate it and how the woman’s yin based ching energy is meant to correspond to the man’s yang based ching energy.

The books taught me that sexual abstinence is an effective method of ching cultivation but it is not the only way. A woman complements a man in the same way that yin complements yang. Through specific sexual practices ching energy is effectively cultivated and distributed through the entire body which in-turn improves all aspects of life.

Good luck with your practice, dc9.

Edited by ValleyStream
  • Like 1

Valley stream do you mean the practice of retention itself was causing suffering in your marriage? Sorry to pry just curious what you meant by that if you feel comfortable answering

Valley stream do you mean the practice of retention itself was causing suffering in your marriage? Sorry to pry just curious what you meant by that if you feel comfortable answering

oh, no, reverse. ;) Editing my post. Peer review and proof reading is life saving.

Thanks for sharing Uroboros. That sounds like quite a transformation.

I'm really looking forward to my qigong class now. I hope I will be able to get something dramatic from my practice of it as well.

About the retention thing... well, uh, I think I might have had an emission from a dream last night lol, though I'm not entirely sure... It was only been 1 week, and I was physically celibate, but definitely not mentally... I was craving and fantasizing so frequently, so maybe that's the reason. Looks like I'll be starting over.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Uroboros. That sounds like quite a transformation.

I'm really looking forward to my qigong class now. I hope I will be able to get something dramatic from my practice of it as well.

About the retention thing... well, uh, I think I might have had an emission from a dream last night lol, though I'm not entirely sure... It was only been 1 week, and I was physically celibate, but definitely not mentally... I was craving and fantasizing so frequently, so maybe that's the reason. Looks like I'll be starting over.

It was quite the transformation. One that is ongoing.

I would like to know how you like it, feel free to pm me.

Concerning retention....Why do you want to retain? The purpose does change what you do and why. If it is for health, you will only need to restrain your ejaculations. Spiritual cultivation? Well, retention itself wont do that. You need a practice that works with your retention to sublimate and transform.

Dont worry too much about ejaculating. Some of the best advice I was given is that the mind is where the urge to ejaculate resides and that when you start to change that habit, it will do it when you are asleep! Keep going and that will fade.

That advice was correct in my experience. Work to be natural. Sometimes you may be able to retain for a week, others a month or more, sometimes only a day before your sexual desire becomes too hot and wild. Take it slow. You have allot of time to get very skilled at these arts, do not rush. Rushing will only cause you guilt and shame, exacerbating your neurotic tendencies.

Great luck!

Semen retention before having the ability to transumte it into Yang Chi (also known as steam and ecstatic conductivity) is a weak, , uneducated, and dangerous practice.

The accumulation of "post heavean"Jing in its unrefined state is absolutly unwanted as it is a stricky/heavy, and will clog the energy body especially without the 2 safety valves which are Ejaculation or the "steaming" process.

You need al least one Valve.

Edited by nickyro
  • Like 1

Hi dc9

I've been practising a pretty full on system of cultivation for almost 3 years now. The whole sexual thing was brought up early, but wasn't really a requirement at the time, but more of a warning that to progress is the later stages you would have to abstain. The 2 main reasons that were explained to me were:

- Sexual energy is yang (hot) and using yang can be hard to control when you really start pumping chi thru, and have not had enough experience to control it.

-Sex will deplete you of built up energy, and to get to the higher levels it is a fight against sexual urges to keep your energy within. If you build yin energy you can overcome these urges (there is enough energy in sex to create a life, that's how much you waste).

If you can find someone who can teach you a yin form of energy, I would recommend going down that path. The yang energy will make your anxiety worse. From experience and someone who has never had anxiety issues, yang when building high levels will make your current anxiety attacks feel like nothing. It also brings on claustrophobic feelings at the same time, which lead to really scary panic attacks. Keep the energy cool, and you can build more, because the side effects don't happen. Its quite the opposite really, you can keep yourself feeling euphoric on demand when building yin. Very helpful in a lot of situations, and you will actually attract people, because they can feel your good cool energy, even tho they may not realise this is the cause.

A lot of people build Yang energy because they get into this stuff due to an interest in martial arts, and to be able to affect someone for self defence you need yang energy (destructive), where as Yin is more of a healing energy. If you can build and use Yin, you will have no problems bringing the Yang out of you when required.

Your 20 min meditation is great for balancing out your energy thru your body, but is an extremely slow method for cultivation. You need specialised exercises for this. Not something you'll find in a book, and is hard to find a quality teacher, but you need one. Don't do it without one. When shit gets rough, you need someone that can help you, and a doctor wont cut it. I know its hard to find someone good, or that you know is the real deal but that's the game mate. Don't kid yourself, if you cant really feel the energy between your palms after the first year, your either not training enough or incorrectly, or the teachers not what they claim.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

A great person to teach you about yin energy is a proper female partner. note: proper, as in, right for you. Not some bimbos. A spiritual partner.

Through my experience i have found that proper sexual activity has given me more energy (rather than deplete it) and has allowed my sexual drive to decrease overall. I still practice semen retention and thus my jing is conserved. With the help of Mantak Chia's publications i have learned how to separate orgasm and ejaculation. By doing this i can "steam" my jing energy and distribute it to other parts of my body.

If celibacy is the way for you then all the power to you, much respect. But know that there are ways to have a healthy sexual life while still cultivating energy (if that is what you ever decide to do).

Edited by ValleyStream
  • Like 2

Through my experience i have found that proper sexual activity has given me more energy (rather than deplete it) and has allowed my sexual drive to decrease overall.

Why would you say your overal sexual drive has decreased, are you practicing any specific things to bring that about?

• Like 1

Why would you say your overal sexual drive has decreased, are you practicing any specific things to bring that about?

It is simple...Deprive yourself of sex and you want sex. Receive sex and be satisfied. Proper sex, as i said.

perhaps that is too basic.

It has alot to do with semen retention too. When i was not retaining semen and not having sex i desired sex. When i was having sex and not retaining semen, i still desired sex. When i was having sex and retaining semen (what i call "proper" sexual activity) i felt as if i was accomplishing great feats. I was successful.

My entire...life... reflected this new practice and became better. My sexual stamina skyrocketed and i felt like i could open the gates of life (or do a backflip). My jing energy was fueling me throughout the entire day.

The specifics on how to properly use jing energy is complicated and has to do with pulling in the jing to your lower dantien during climax and then opening meridians for it to distribute to your entire body (rather than through the tip of your penis) ;).

I dunno if what works for me will work for everyone but thanks to my wife and her yin energy i have had such great success cultivating energy within myself and within my home. Plus, i am no master of this. I am still learning and cultivating.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this