Kudos

Its hard to say unless you know they are for real. If they are for real, then why not? You have to understand the effort people go to achieve these abilities. I am a Chi practitioner for healing, and not only do you have to do the training everyday, but you are also constantly dealing with the energy all day having to keep it under control. They most likely have been doing this for many, many years, and like you need to have a life too. If you could do what they could would you not charge too?

Obviously other medications and solutions you have tried have not helped your issue. Another solution is to learn to heal yourself. Most people don't want to put in the time and effort, not only training, but finding a proper teacher. This isn't an easy thing to do by any means. If I knew this guy had a good rep, and maybe some happy customers, Id be happy to pay the $1000. Don't worry about the money, worry about the results.

Best luck

Chi_Ozguy

The best healing will come from someone healing for the joy in practicing the brave siddha of healing.

I don't know if there is something a mind can offer you if the mind is offering that thing as an exchange for any material world rubbish.

I personally would kindly and generously donate to any healer who helped me (at least generous for a man who has given away all his money and most possessions to anyone who looked hungry).

Your intuition is telling you to avoid the 'healer' by the sound of it.

Nah. I do my own healing. And I do accept the concept of "healing". But I do not accept the concept of "fortune telling". I do not believe that anyone can foresee the future.

Nah. I do my own healing. And I do accept the concept of "healing". But I do not accept the concept of "fortune telling". I do not believe that anyone can foresee the future.

Sorry wasn't clear in my post, I was answering the OP

Kudos100, is qigong the only avenue for your search for healers people with medicine?

No, but I have tried many things over the last 5 years and I believe the problem to be an energetic one, which has lead me to Qi gong.

My problem is that most of the healing modalities I have tried do not help and when I practice Qi gong, my problem gets worse rather than better.

I do not expect anyone to 'heal' me and make my problem go away. What I hope is that a high level Qi Gong master may be see/feel the energetic problem and point my body in the right direction with the healing process. Then teach me some practices which I can do to heal myself without upsetting my symptoms.

So far I have not had much luck with this and it has been going on 5 years, which is why I am considering spending such a huge amount of money.

On the one hand this person has a good reputation, but it seems to go against Taoist principles to charge so much money, so I find it difficult to understand.

This guy actually has good customer feedback? Who actually think he's worth $1000/pop??

No, but I have tried many things over the last 5 years and I believe the problem to be an energetic one, which has lead me to Qi gong.

My problem is that most of the healing modalities I have tried do not help and when I practice Qi gong, my problem gets worse rather than better.

I do not expect anyone to 'heal' me and make my problem go away. What I hope is that a high level Qi Gong master may be see/feel the energetic problem and point my body in the right direction with the healing process. Then teach me some practices which I can do to heal myself without upsetting my symptoms.

So far I have not had much luck with this and it has been going on 5 years, which is why I am considering spending such a huge amount of money.

Ok gotcha.

Maybe it would be easier to get advice here if you asked separately about

-energy problems, and

-is the healer legit

For what it's worth: "clues" I've used for navigating what direction to go for my healing have come from very "human" healers- people who aren't neccessarily in possession of mythic powers but who nonetheless had a certain perception and skill to wholeness.

It all depends where you are at with your state of dis-ease.

To pay a few thousand dollars to relieve chronic years of pain was nothing to me. I lived it.

I had severe, intermittent pain in my left ankle for well over a decade. For years the Dr's would take xrays, find nothing wrong, call it Tendonitis, hand me anti-inflammatory scrips and send me on my way. I've lost count as to how much I spent on visits back then. For years it would come and go quickly and I was able to operate, but eventually, I was having trouble walking without severe pain.

Finally someone ordered an MRI that showed that the entire base of my Tibia had been aggressively eaten away by a fibroidal cyst. This cyst didn't show on x-rays. He said when I shifted my weight onto my left foot that it was being held up by 1/16 of an inch of bone. If it caved in, there was a serious possibility of losing the foot. He then said he did not want to attempt the surgery and referred me to someone more accomplished. These sessions and copays for MRI and all was in the $500 range.

The next two surgeons to a look at my MRI and rejected me outright for treatment, referring me to someone more accomplished. The fourth said he would do it, but I thought his method was too severe and sought yet another opinion. The fifth surgeon was the one I ended up going with for the two surgeries.

The two surgeries were spaced out over two years and worked very well. Bone from my hip was inserted after the cyst was removed. The integrity of the Tibia held and my foot was saved, but I was left with constant, debilitating pain. The procedures cost over $150,000 each to insurance. My share was around $5,000. They did what they could with a very difficult situation and saved my foot and I still send them all Holiday cards, but there was little they could offer aside from pills and physical therapy for the pain. I paid another $1,000 for my share of the physical therapy sessions. The therapy yielded no relief.

A year or so after the second surgery I did experience improvement when I changed to a new physical therapist who was much more knowledgeable and effective. He was new and just starting out and would not collect a co-pay from me. He also took whatever my insurance company offered as payment in full, so there was zero out of pocket for me. He is really gifted. I've referred many people to him over the years. I experienced longer periods between flare-ups and the pain was not present all day every day. $0

At this point my pain was manageable with a mixture of stretching, anti-inflammatory and pain meds. But I detested the pills and would stop taking them because of the side effects.

Some time later, a friend led me to my teacher and in two days, my entire quality of life changed.

After two days of intense Qi Gong with a group of about 20 people, I had a healing session that changed my life. I spent $125 for the seminar and $140 for the healing session. I walked out of that room and the pain was just gone. It's never returned.

I can still see the look on my wife's face when I came home and told her to look. She turned from the kitchen sink to see me hopping. Something I did a lot back then, if the left foot hurt. When she realized I was hopping on my left foot, she just started crying with happiness. $265

I've continued on with the regimen of stretches that I learned from my PT, but I've added daily Qi Gong and a complete overhaul of my diet.

What occurred in that room and in that weekend fixed a lot more than just my ankle. Years of emotional and mental blockages were removed and channels were opened. I walked around in a beautiful haze for four days afterward. I could feel people's laughter bouncing off my LDT...

What occurred in that room changed my paradigm and experience of reality. We really are so small and we are often exposed to so little. It nudged me onto a path where I no longer need to seek out healing but I'm constantly learning to maintain my own health.

I think all of the money I spent was worth it.

I was doing the best I could within the conditions I was involved in and so were all the healers, so they earned every penny.

After what I went through, if facing it again, I'd gladly spend double what I did... to get to where I am now.

which is:

Being able to walk without thinking about it...

Walking barefoot up and down mountain trails whenever I want. Chasing, tackling and wrestling my son whenever the mood strikes. Running into the ocean and playing in the surf. Simply walking up and down stairs without thinking about every time I put my left foot down.

priceless...

• Like 5

If someone could help me overcome a chronic condition that I have lived with for 30 years, I would give them a thousand bucks without a second thought. I have paid more for bad cars.

But for myself, one of the big motivations that keep me solid with my practice is that I am done waiting for other people to fix me.

I am always on the lookout for the healer who could help me and I have tried out different things without regret. Different skillsets can touch upon different problems.

But I live my life like I am the only one who can make it better. Like Kafka said, I am the only physician to be found, far and wide.

• Like 4

I definitely agree that using that amount of money on personal lessons would be very cost effective, whichever modality.

As Chunyi Lin says, everyone is born a healer. Investing in yourself this way is priceless.

In a way, even if you went through and it was a scam, that is a great $1000 lesson in detachment you get to learn!

Edited by Brett
  • Like 1

Does he help poor people also, or only the rich? I think the answer to this question may help answer your initial question.

Does he help poor people also, or only the rich? I think the answer to this question may help answer your initial question.

I enquired about this and it seems only the rich get access to the treatment. As much as I would like to believe it would help, I cannot help questioning the morals of the healer so will have to look elsewhere.

The one person who I have heard of who charges that much has students who charge about 1/5th that amount. Might be a route to take.

I have never found the money a healer charges to be relevant to how good they are at healing. You can find healers of all abilities and levels, charging various amounts. Same goes for teachers of healing modalities and qigong.

• Like 2

Very often great healing can occur simply from developing pure intentions based on wishing all beings

to be free of suffering and are able to connect unreservedly with source of all happiness.

The chief tendency or cause of dis-ease is self-cherishing. Self-cherishing is the biggest culprit which

causes the heart to contract. Once this process is ongoing, there will necessarily be rebounds, and these

rebounds manifest then as fragmentation leading to all kinds of physical and mental discomforts.

Most people wont accept this premise, and will look to outside assistance. Then they get caught and have

to deal with this problem of healers charging money etc., all quite unnecessary considerations.

Unfortunately, this does nothing but only compounds the fragmented self even more.

The greatest good we can do for ourselves is to cherish others as much or more than we cherish ourselves.

A win-win process that will yield immense healing potential.

Look at the faces of those whom we perceive (admire) as authentically enlightened or awakened.

Look at their life actions. Its all they do, think and act for other's benefit.

• Like 1

The original post is in a sense a trick question.

I know nothing of the actual circumstances of the healer and I have no problem with anyone charging for their services.

$1000 could be dirt cheap - why would anyone get riled up with out the facts or with the facts?

I paid a lawyer $700 per hour earlier this year. It was worth it - and I am not rich by any stretch.

come up with 5 scenarios in which charging $1000 per session would be worth it.

If you tried - it took about 5 seconds.

If you live in certain areas - $5000 a session is probably a better price.

Our elite spend more than that on a call girl. Hospitals often charge upwards of $18.00 for one Tylenol.

Save your outrage for the outrageous - then again - abandon outrage altogether - it is enticing and brings you back again and again into sleep hysteria.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of charging that much per hour to get rid of unwanted spirits out of people's houses.

Means everyone will stop asking :D.