Sign in to follow this  
meditator00

Meditation changed my life completely

As a youngin, I enjoyed meditating without even realizing it until I intently meditated 3 years ago. I immediately found great interest in the experience. My first couple years I would sit or lay down for meditation. I expanded my meditation practices a little over a year ago to standing and moving forms of meditation because of an experience I had one day which was amazing and profound to me. It began with a sound I noticed the moment I opened my eyes after meditating. The best description for this sound was a diesel truck idling a couple houses down from my house, but after this very same sound appearing coincidentally the moment I opened my eyes after meditating each day, I started checking everything in my house that could be making the noise or looking outside for something going on. After realizing nothing external was making this sound, I decided one day to meditate to a binaural beat as similar to this sound as I could find. This was my first time using a binaural beat as I hadn't heard of them until I was researching things related to this sound I was hearing and only a couple minutes into this binaural beat meditation I was suddently inside of a green/purple tunnel and it was so clearly visual and real that I had opened my eyes which ended the visual very fast cause I couldn't believe what had just happened. It was unlike anything i had ever experienced before or since. It kinda bugs me at times why this happened that one time since, and that was about a year and a half ago. I now wish I had stuck with it to see where the tunnel was to lead me to yet maybe it wasn't trying to lead me nowhere but rather a message to expand my practice because since beginning the practice of qigong, I definitely feel the energy in me moving, gathering and other symptoms of energy cultivation. My dreams also have become much clearer, life-like and controlled by me since I expanded my practice. But yeah thats my introduction.

• Like 1

Hello meditator00, and welcome to the forums!

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

That low rumbling noise you heard while meditating isn't uncommon, but your experience with the binaural beat was all yours. I think you did the right thing in opening your eyes. But that's the kind of anecdote that draws attention quickly here, so I expect you to get a few more views on it.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Sign in to follow this