Daeluin,

I'd say nobel attempts at shrinking (or lecture) is still shrinking and unless an individual is ready and asking for it then even that can be in vain, although at least it was a try. (some methods can make things worse - thus there are more ways than one way)

:unsure: that's the end of my shrinking ;)

Thanks, I agree. It is clear that nothing is really up for a discussion here. I have no interest in changing deci belle, I was simply interested in discussing the reasons for her way. The way things are though, I'll adapt and go on my way.

Hopefully this thread will help others confused by any sudden slicing that should occur, and know not to let it bother them. Don't let deci's judgmental slicing ruin your day. She may be pretty close to the mark with her slicing, but you are likely reacting more to her violent methodology. Try to avoid seeing it as a personal stab, and go about your day. That's what db'll be doing.

Whether or not this is the type of environment the mods want to cultivate for our discussions is a different topic.

• Like 2

Swing and a miss.

The rules at this website are clear and infractions will be dealt with in future as objectively as possible. It matters not one iota if the insult comes from an enlightened being swinging the singing knife of complete reality or a knuckle-dragging troglodyte swinging a club with a nail in it.

I guess I need to say that this is not a staff comment but member-wise...

"The swing and a miss"... is within your mind. There is no swing nor miss.

The website rules are pushed into all of our minds. No Swing, no miss.

9th said:

I wish it was required all the time, as that would be a sign we'd be reaching utopia quite soon - where everyone would be on the same page already. Alas, its almost never required because almost nobody is ready for it, out in the general public. Inside a small group of dedicated practitioners, it may be a totally different story - but this forum aint that.

It's not required. There is no utopia to reach. Everyone is already on the same page. This forum is no different. I prove it.

I see db's methodology resulting in pushing people away from the path, rather than being helpful.

It's helpful for those who its helpful for. If that's not you, why take it personally?

It's helpful for those who its helpful for. If that's not you, why take it personally?

Seems like you are pointing to the lavishness of the feast, while Daeluin is talking about how cold it is in the dining room. Two different things. Its hard to enjoy the scrumptiousness of morsels when the butt is freezing its ass off... punpunpun nothing but puns.

Never talk Dharma with someone who is freezing to death. First, make a fire, or offer blankets. Serve tea and biscuits perhaps, but never talk Dharma. That can follow, when the body and mind is settled... at ease. Sometimes though, a gesture or word imbued with warmth is better than 18 sutras back to back.

late spelling edit

Edited by C T
  • Like 7

Seems like you are pointing to the lavishness of the feast, while Daeliun is talking about how cold it is in the dining room. Two different things. Its hard to enjoy the scrumptiousness of morsels when the butt is freezing its ass off... punpunpun nothing but puns.

Never talk Dharma with someone who is freezing to death. First, make a fire, or offer blankets. Serve tea and biscuits perhaps, but never talk Dharma. That can follow, when the body and mind is settled... at ease. Sometimes though, a gesture or word imbued with warmth is better than 18 sutras back to back.

Pretty well said CT. I'd go a lot further but I'll leave it be for the moment.

• Like 1

I'd go a lot further...

Stamina has never been one of my strong suits. Thank you for the pointer, 3Bob. :)

What peace there is, in a cup of tea made with complete abandon.

• Like 2

9th said:

It's not required. There is no utopia to reach. Everyone is already on the same page. This forum is no different. I prove it.

For you, of course this may all be true. For someone else, it may not be. I can see your obstruction clearly.

Then again, when it is time to throw one bodily out of the room… not to mention beating with the rod!!

Who has never read of this occurring with regularity in the dokusan room and the assembly hall?

This forum is no different.

Who doubts it?

ed note: add the last three lines

Edited by deci belle

9th said:

For you, of course this may all be true. For someone else, it may not be. I can see your obstruction clearly.

May be true, or may not be true? Suuuuch a powerful statement as you can muster, I suppose?

Since it is true there is no obstruction that can be seen by one who is squandering a lifetime waiting for a nonexistent utopia while even now East mountain walking on water has always been the perennial standard, so I must add that for you it is a fact, my dear, that your borrowed and culturally grounded rat-vision is absolutely relative to your own obstruction.

Padmasambhava doesn't need your squint-eyed distinctions, by the way~ as upaya is something you can only dream of.

If you had any marrow in your bones, 9th, I'd slice those~ but you are an outsider, a pauper speaking of others' jewels.

ed note: add (') too "others" in last line

Edited by deci belle

People, if enlightening activity is relative to a cultural conceit that is in turn dependent on the happenstance of a future realm that can never exist other than in the (nonexistent) year of the ass, how can you go on with this charade?

Don't speak of truth, speak of your complete ignorance, as did the completely sincere bum whose PM inspired this thread.

All you who are waiting for a goddamn utopia can rot in it now.

NO WAITING!

• Like 1

--- Moderator Message ---

Post 61 above contains insults and belittling language e.g. 'your borrowed and culturally grounded rat-vision is absolutely relative to your own obstruction.

Padmasambhava doesn't need your squint-eyed distinctions, by the way~ as upaya is something you can only dream of.

If you had any marrow in your bones, 9th, I'd slice those~ but you are an outsider, a pauper speaking of others' jewels.'

Please edit your post. It's not necessary to attack the other member to make your point. The mod team are considering if a suspension is appropriate.

--- Message Ends ---

• Like 1

Skilful means is about adapting teaching to help different people. A genuine master will occasionally use the stick, but they also have many other tools. Deci has nothing but the stick.

If the so-called teaching style is constantly abusive for the sake of being antisocial while feeling righteous about it, that indicates that it is just ordinary harsh speech masquerading as skilful means or crazy wisdom.

Also, the vocabulary is just cultivator's techno-babble saying 'listen to me, you can't understand because you're inferior'. It has no teaching purpose at all. For example:

...What you are referring to as "letting go" is, for the purpose of using situations for self-refinement, a matter of psychological detachment without manufacturing mental postures by ruminating in the aftermath of ordinary events...

Could be rewritten as:

...What you're calling "letting go" is, for the purpose of using situations for cultivation, a matter of detachment, without making ego stories through thinking after events...

I think Deci has something real because glimmers shine through her writing occasionally, but is hardly a master. She should not get a free pass from the forum rules because she claims it's skilful means or crazy wisdom. Any cult leader can say that.

• Like 2

Then again, when it is time to throw one bodily out of the room… not to mention beating with the rod!!

Who has never read of this occurring with regularity in the dokusan room and the assembly hall?

This forum is no different.

Who doubts it?

ed note: add the last three lines

:)

To throw out, there first must be bodies gathered.

Honey attracts more insects than vinegar.

This forum is neither same nor different.

You standing there with a big slicer, bodies steer clear.

Even a blind man knows when he bumps his head against a wall. Twice.

Job done?

New hobby beckons.

:)

9th said:

May be true, or may not be true? Suuuuch a powerful statement as you can muster, I suppose?

Since it is true there is no obstruction that can be seen by one who is squandering a lifetime waiting for a nonexistent utopia while even now East mountain walking on water has always been the perennial standard, so I must add that for you it is a fact, my dear, that your borrowed and culturally grounded rat-vision is absolutely relative to your own obstruction.

If you had any marrow in your bones, 9th, I'd slice those~ but you are an outsider, a pauper speaking of others' jewels.

ed note: add (') too "others" in last line

Quite shrill. And desperate.

It was beyond easy to provoke you. Good luck.

in the nfl i think idk but i think its a 15 yard penalty for gloating or taunting.

its really not needed on the field of play

just keep playin' on

avoid stagnation