Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Deep tests of faith, trust and initiation

Does anyone feel like they have them

Where theyre purposefully made to suffer, to follow their intuition and inner guidance, no matter how illogical it seems

I hear stories of shamans who heard voices in their head and went to go and live on a mountain

I hear about initiations

and I know from my own intuitive movement practice that the more I do it, the deeper the fire, the colder the water.

Sometimes I get visions of animals and certain things happen

and my paintings kind of predict the future

and Im pretty sure at least 1 thing Ive done was a definite test of faith.

Any experience with this.

• Like 3

Sure, Skydog, I have had such tests.

One of the ones that changed my life lasted a period of 3 years. I was very sick and nothing was working. I went on a journey to find something that would help me heal/ heal me. That journey lasted about 3 years, during which I spent all my money, kept facing failure and doubt. Other people kept expressing their judgement's and desires about what I should be doing. I knew I had to keep trying. So, I did.

Eventually, I learned allot about what works and what doesnt. Why this works for this and not that, etc. It all paid off when I found a healer who was able to show me. help me heal with lasting affect.

Initiations, rites of passage, trials...these seem to be a part of life. Of being human. Knowing what we feel is right for us and doing that....may be one of the most powerful experiences we can have.

• Like 3

I feel I've already had them as a very young kid because I almost died several times. After that, I wondered if I was really me, or if my soul had passed and another soul had come to inhabit my body. After that, I was really scared of going mental at the age of 6. (probably not a normal fear for a young child)

In hindsight, I almost have the feeling the universe was trying to kill me.

• Like 1

I feel I've already had them as a very young kid because I almost died several times. After that, I wondered if I was really me, or if my soul had passed and another soul had come to inhabit my body. After that, I was really scared of going mental at the age of 6. (probably not a normal fear for a young child)

In hindsight, I almost have the feeling the universe was trying to kill me.

I feel you. I felt for a long time that there was some diety/god/force that conspired for me to suffer and die.

heh, eventually figured out it was my mother! HAH!

Funny how our parents can act as mirrors for how we view life as a whole....

I hear about initiations

and I know from my own intuitive movement practice that the more I do it, the deeper the fire, the colder the water.

Where are you headed with all this, Dog? Do you know?

I've a number of 'trials by fire' in my life and they tought me to let go of fears and develop faith. Faith in what, I don't really know. But I think the not knowing, not defining, is very important.

• Like 3

I've been severely challenged and tested.

We all are when we are ready, whether we feel ready or not.

It is an opportunity for growth and preparation for the final liberation.

Honor and treasure the opportunities when they present themselves. They are life's greatest teachers.

Does anyone feel like they have them

Where theyre purposefully made to suffer, to follow their intuition and inner guidance, no matter how illogical it seems

I hear stories of shamans who heard voices in their head and went to go and live on a mountain

I hear about initiations

Sometimes I get visions of animals and certain things happen

and my paintings kind of predict the future

and Im pretty sure at least 1 thing Ive done was a definite test of faith.

Any experience with this.

• Like 3

I read somewhere that - "... Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

That might be hard to test if we take that as a definition of faith.

Sort of testing an intangible with very different results to testing something tangible, such as, for example; checking the air pressure in tyres using a pressure gauge.

In common use maybe a 'test of faith' is akin to someone asking...

" Come on man! Even after everything that has happened; you still believe in Baby Jesus?"

( using Baby Jesus as an example only).

Faith's maybe a slippery thing to be testing with any expectation of replicable results.

Edited by GrandmasterP

GMP - I experience belief and faith as antithetical to one another. Faith doesn't need a face or a name, doesn't need a box to carry it in. For me it's simply the feeling that everything is going to work out just fine with or without my input. Although possibly better without.

• Like 1

Just unpicking it really.

It's that 'test of' that set me musing.

If you and I 'test' the dimensions of a table using the same tape measure, we'll come up with the same dimensions.

As would anyone else following on from us and doing the same thing with the same kit.

There's replicable.

Tyre pressure test likewise , and so on.

'Testing' of faith however...

That has to be a subjective call surely?

Edited by GrandmasterP

Huge tests, huge trials and tribulations. I can no longer accept the notion of 'God's Will', but I believe in 'Divine Purpose'. Screw God's Will. I've created my own Mythology that helps me deal with the pain of my life better than any pre-existing stories out there.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this