Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Ethical Hexing

I'm putting this here because I feel it's a topic that might be of interest to more people than those who visit the Hermetic and Occult Discussion forum.

Believe me or don't - it doesn't matter - I've actually been conspired against quite severely in my life. I've incarnated as a very different kind of person to most, and I have been literally conspired against...I'm quite sure of that, anyway - there's no concrete, physical evidence to back it up as yet, however the more I rise out of those circumstances the more I'm discovering...It's kind of crazy, but it makes perfect sense - it's the only way I could have had the life I have so far.

Now, I'm not a bad guy. I'm dark, I'm aggressive (in a "go for what I want and stop at nothing" kind of way) and I'm potent, but I'm not a bad guy. I never used to hurt people...I can't say for sure where the actual root of it all lies right now - I've been told it's all been a bit of a mistake, everything I've experienced...not necessarily karmic in the "backlash for being evil in a past life" kind of way, but moreso in a "you have karma for being who you are" kind of way.

I'm rare.

Anyway, I laid a big hex on a whole bunch of people recently and it worked really well. I've looked into it, and feel completely justified in having done so - it was a necessary act, in my opinion. I never used to want to do this to people, but I've changed my mind - it's cleared things up and enhanced the situation.

How do you feel about ethical hexing?

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on the circumstance, but in general imo, bad karmically. Focusing so much on a person or group connects you to them, on some level.

Sometimes seeming success, ie cleared things up and enhanced the situation, just sets a person up for a bigger fall later on. Hard advice, but it may be better to use skillful means (creative problem solving - avoidance) and or blessing the enemy then setting up hexes/curses.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

As a martial artist I think of it in that light. If someone is attacking me I defend myself.....if someone continues to attack me despite my best efforts to fend off the situation....then deeper contemplation with the situation and alternative actions and strategies could possibly be required. More than likely I'd try to confront the person physically before moving to shadier stuff.

IMO first make sure your not taking any actions to provoke someone into attacking you....ie....insulting/offending others....people are sensitive. Most confrontations start as a result of a small ill-timed but light-hearted jest at another's expense.....and then escalate from there into situations you wouldn't believe.

Many people drawn to Magick are quite immature and the idea of being able to hurt someone else without getting "caught" is quite appealing to are darker tendencies.

Keep your emotions out of the situation. If you find yourself flinging mud from a state of anger, jealousy, hatred.....or any kind of volatile emotion...check yourself and center. It's best to come from a deep state compassion and cunning when dealing with these things than from immature and reckless emotion. You should understand that every act of "intent" we perform shifts are sphere/energy in one way or another....thus shifting how we perceive reality and whether something is "OK" or "Not Okay". Also this post seems to lean towards belong in the Occult Discussion Sections.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

You're never getting free of that stuff if you do those things. Just as idiot_stimpy and thelerner say. Do you know the extent of what you have done, can you oversee the consequences, not only short term but also long term?

• Like 1

There are a few basic rules to cursing, to make it work well, and to have it actually get further than your own aura.

The first one is don't curse when you are angry. There are a few reasons for this; you are more sloppy when angry, most people regret it later in life if it works (never have regrets), your emotions about such things is what attaches the karma to you. Oh and don't try the block off emotions or have no emotions stuff to get around that; that just puts it deeper into your subconscious and really can fuck you up.

Most magicians kinda freak out the first time someone they cursed ends up in the hospital or dead. I've seen some who are a little messed up from the guilt decades later because they think they killed someone from a curse early on in their path. It's a little different to think about how one would react, than watching someone get really messed up from something you have sent to them.

Also unless you have been properly taught, it can end up a lot like sitting in a compost bit for a bit to huck the rotten fruit at people.

All that said, here's the fun part, life situations just keep repeating themselves, until we figure out what it is about us that attracts them.

If you find yourself cursing often, it is you who are likely the problem.

On a side note, if you have an asshole neighbor or coworker, cursing them just leads to their life not going as well and thus them becoming even more of an asshole due to this lol.

PS for everyone else reading this thread, don't worry too much, most magicians can't throw a good curse if their life depended on it..

• Like 4

Recently, when I've felt like a good hex was really in order, I've sent love instead. Just a little mini-meditation I read about here:

The Tools: 5 Tools to Help You Find Courage, Creativity, and Willpower--and Inspire You to Live Life in Forward Motion

a book by Phil Stutz. A few months back this computer repair guy cheated me (or so I think) and I've been fantasizing that I had secret powers to destroy his business ever since. Thankfully perhaps, my powers in this regard are extremely limited and the negative energy stays firmly in my own space. I'm sure he's ripping off others with abandon totally oblivious to my internal ranting.

Anyway. It was almost painful to do, but I sent the guy love and immediately felt better. I still wouldn't shop there or anything--not that stupid--just don't want to be carrying around that black victim cloud anymore. Sending love isn't the first thing that comes to mind when people mistreat us, but if you can get over that initial resistance I think it's almost always more productive than sending a hex.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

I'm putting this here because I feel it's a topic that might be of interest to more people than those who visit the Hermetic and Occult Discussion forum.

Believe me or don't - it doesn't matter - I've actually been conspired against quite severely in my life. I've incarnated as a very different kind of person to most, and I have been literally conspired against...I'm quite sure of that, anyway - there's no concrete, physical evidence to back it up as yet, however the more I rise out of those circumstances the more I'm discovering...It's kind of crazy, but it makes perfect sense - it's the only way I could have had the life I have so far.

Now, I'm not a bad guy. I'm dark, I'm aggressive (in a "go for what I want and stop at nothing" kind of way) and I'm potent, but I'm not a bad guy. I never used to hurt people...I can't say for sure where the actual root of it all lies right now - I've been told it's all been a bit of a mistake, everything I've experienced...not necessarily karmic in the "backlash for being evil in a past life" kind of way, but moreso in a "you have karma for being who you are" kind of way.

I'm rare.

Anyway, I laid a big hex on a whole bunch of people recently and it worked really well. I've looked into it, and feel completely justified in having done so - it was a necessary act, in my opinion. I never used to want to do this to people, but I've changed my mind - it's cleared things up and enhanced the situation.

How do you feel about ethical hexing? (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

I have looked at some of your recent posts including your astrological chart. Having done so I agree with you, you are very different and you are rare, not many people here are equipped to understand you, but I do. You have the chart of someone who in ordinary life would be a police detective, possibly involved in undercover work, or attracted to special forces or things like that, but you are attracted to magic and the occult, so you will find yourself involved in the magical equivalent.

I don't want to discuss the matter in open forum, beyond saying that an 'ethical hex' is an act of tough love, it is not an act of personal revenge, it is done as a last ditch effort to save someone, or a group of someone's who are so lost in power trips that the only thing they understand is power and the only way to get them to respect you, and thus maybe to listen to you, is beat them senseless. Regrettably even that may not reform them, but since it is, or should be a last resort, you know that you have done all you can.

The problem is maintaining balance and the right perspective. You need to anchor your 'sky hook' on the highest ontological levels and center yourself in the cosmic center. Anything less is a danger to yourself and others.

• Like 3

To be in a state of mind of intending to curse others attracts negativity to oneself. It's an icky state of mind comparatively (all ethical considerations aside). It's best to maintain a policy of only benefiting oneself and others, in thought speech and deed, for the sake of your own peacefulness. Or for the sake of others, if you're so compassionately inclined. Taking your tentacles off of others (not cursing them for instance) also causes their tentacles to be taken off of you...the result being more peace and solitude.

I like the idea that liminal luke had, of sending love. Buddhists have instructions on that kind of thing, whether metta or loving-kindness practice, or tonglen practice.

Martial arts were brought up...if there is physical self defense, then there is also spiritual. But it should be clear that spiritual self-defense does not involve plummeting yourself down into the murky depths (of intending to harm others). That's literally the opposite of what you should do...since that action opens you up for being attacked, and also hurts you in the process, even if the other remains untouched by the curse.

Only saying this in an attempt to help. The self-destructive path can seem like the right choice at times, and it's good to be steered toward a better way.

• Like 2

I have looked at some of your recent posts including your astrological chart. Having done so I agree with you, you are very different and you are rare, not many people here are equipped to understand you, but I do. You have the chart of someone who in ordinary life would be a police detective, possibly involved in undercover work, or attracted to special forces or things like that, but you are attracted to magic and the occult, so you will find yourself involved in the magical equivalent.

I don't want to discuss the matter in open forum, beyond saying that an 'ethical hex' is an act of tough love, it is not an act of personal revenge, it is done as a last ditch effort to save someone, or a group of someone's who are so lost in power trips that the only thing they understand is power and the only way to get them to respect you, and thus maybe to listen to you, is beat them senseless. Regrettably even that may not reform them, but since it is, or should be a last resort, you know that you have done all you can.

The problem is maintaining balance and the right perspective. You need to anchor your 'sky hook' on the highest ontological levels and center yourself in the cosmic center. Anything less is a danger to yourself and others.

Thank you for acknowledging that - it actually means a lot to me. I don't say it in an egotistical way, and don't want it to come across like that but it's true. Can you please explain what you mean by "highest ontological levels" and "cosmic center"? I had an epiphany yesterday about my life - no point in sharing it here because it's so personal, suffice to say the issues I've had with certain groups up until now, although they've been enormous, will not matter so much as me maturing and using the energy invested in them in different ways in my work from this point on.

You must have good intuition or something, because there has been a mutual "last ditch effort" feeling at play recently - old cycles have been coming around, but instead of freaking out I've taken myself to a place of authority in the situation.

I agree that hexing generally shouldn't be done out of just anger, but this was more a "Soul Anger" kind of situation.

Anyway, on with the story...

On a side note, if you have an asshole neighbor or coworker, cursing them just leads to their life not going as well and thus them becoming even more of an asshole due to this lol.

A curse on bad and disruptive neighbour who says they hate living here : " May you win the lottery and have enough money to move somewhere more suitable " ;)

... oh crap ... I just cursed the neighbourhood where they might move too :blink:

Maybe I will just play this full volume on my outside sound system (apparently you can hear it down at the river when its on full volume ) .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

There are a variety of ways of working against someone.

Bindings to minimize harm,

Mirrorings to bounce their 'projections' back at them,

Wardings/blockings/banishings to remove them from your life,

and pure old revenge workings to cause bad luck/negative circumstances, sickness or death.

All can have their place. I agree though that if you find yourself needing to do this frequently, then the one common denominator is you, and there are probably things you need to look at.

That said, some people are incredibly toxic, and need to be dealt with one way or another.

Years ago we discovered that a new member of our community was a peodophile who prayed almost exclusevly on seriously disabled women. We involved the police, who said they suspected he had a number of Identities, and there were cases against him in several states, but he kept managing to get jobs close to these women, and the Police had never quite managed to get enough evidence to take him down.

There were blessing circles, prayer circles and so on to try and help this man, but he did it again and I took matters into my own hands.

Quickly ended that situation.

Did I loose the tiniest bit of sleep over my actions? No ;)

Also, when under genuine magical/psychic attack, sometimes it is best to fight back.

Our etheric energy body {a major target for curse work} is very closely tied to our animal instincts.
Our animal instincts are normally repressed by do-gooder morality {which is not to say that metta/blessings responses and so on don't sometimes work}, and so the etheric intelligence is stifled and cant always defend itself against intrusions. It has a very unique level of intelligence, and when healthy it will strike back with animal ferocity if it needs to, and will know far earlier than the conscious mind if something is up.

A friend left a dodgy magical cult years ago, who have been targeting him ever since. It doesn't help that they have object links to him of hair, blood and semon. He tried everything. Blessing them, cord cutting, surrounding himself with love, exorcisms, healers, yogis... Sometimes these would work briefly, but he spent round 8 years emotionless, libidoless, drained, tired and having recurring nightmares.

It all changed this year when he started attacking them back. It roused some deep righteous anger inside him, liberated him from the unnatural shackles of "you can 'only' respond with love", and suddenly he has some fire inside him again, sleeps well, has libido and energy, and feels good in his body.

Moralists can rant all day about 'higher' laws and what not and sometimes make some good points, but if they paralyse you to the point that life is unbearable, or to where you think that someone shitting right on your head is an important soul lesson, or your karmic duty to bear, well fuck them and fuck that.

These people don't even know what 'soul' is half the time, nor that it itself is part of the magical/energetic universe which is a whole array of forces all influencing and being influenced by, for good or for ill, countless other forces.

• Like 8

A curse on bad and disruptive neighbour who says they hate living here : " May you win the lottery and have enough money to move somewhere more suitable " ;)

Ohhh I like that one, and would really hope for blowback :D. Actually I should go do that one on all my cranky neighbors, and just hope that they have good protections up.. LOL.

Nicer than hot foot too!

• Like 1

The first one is don't curse when you are angry. There are a few reasons for this; you are more sloppy when angry, most people regret it later in life if it works (never have regrets), your emotions about such things is what attaches the karma to you. Oh and don't try the block off emotions or have no emotions stuff to get around that; that just puts it deeper into your subconscious and really can fuck you up.

Seth,

Point well taken. Much as someone would defend themselves physically when attacked, there's plenty of times when defending oneself, or others, with a hex is the right way to go as well. I'm coming more around to the pro-hex point of view.

Even in those situations though I think "sending love" is useful because it helps a person get to a place where they aren't angry. You can be a total aggressive bad-ass when the situation calls for it without the anger.

I say love 'em first. Then go in for the kill.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

Very interesting thread.

"You can only send love and healing" is one of those lobotomies implanted by dominators imo.

It's like a codependent relationship. One part is violent, another is the "angel" but is really making the situation possible.

I'm not really deep into western magick, but it often sounds like the spells are meant to be permanent. And are taken to be permanent.

Time-release hexes anyone?

I know of neighboorhoods where power plays seem to be more dynamic.

Sometimes it's friendly. Like lion cubs learning while "fighting".

The threshold for seeing red is higher.

Nah most wear off if you don't keep them up, especially the western magick sort.

Though there are some in certain paths which get stronger over time if nothing is done to get rid of them.

• Like 1

"You can only send love and healing" is one of those lobotomies implanted by dominators imo.

Or spiritual teachers.

I'm rare.

How do you feel about ethical hexing?

No ethics...just you live in a world where you feel you strike back the way you have been struck.

Option B is to leave the life behind, empty your cup and try a new path.

Just a choice bro...but if you feel you have "unfinished business", that's how you feel. No one here trying to stop you will succeed if you already feel what you're doing is justified.

Now, I'm not a bad guy. I'm dark, I'm aggressive (in a "go for what I want and stop at nothing" kind of way) and I'm potent, but I'm not a bad guy. I never used to hurt people...I can't say for sure where the actual root of it all lies right now - I've been told it's all been a bit of a mistake, everything I've experienced...not necessarily karmic in the "backlash for being evil in a past life" kind of way, but moreso in a "you have karma for being who you are" kind of way.How do you feel about ethical hexing?

Consider this. 'Bad guys' often don't consider themselves to be Bad. They rationalize their actions. (don't we all) Still, when there's an accumulation of bad things we do, driven by selfishness, revenge, anger. We creep closer to bad, follow a negative path. If you have frequent thoughts on hurting others, you may be on it.

You can get off such paths at any time. Truth is we all meander, but since you go out of the way to say you're not a bad guy, you didn't 'used to' hurt people, then I'd recommend looking closely at your thoughts. Self defense is no crime, but being stuck in a vengeful mindset is; a crime against yourself, your better nature at the very least.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Ohhh I like that one, and would really hope for blowback :D. Actually I should go do that one on all my cranky neighbors, and just hope that they have good protections up.. LOL.

Nicer than hot foot too!

But the new age warns - it comes back threefold ... watch out ! ;)

• Like 1

Seth,

Point well taken. Much as someone would defend themselves physically when attacked, there's plenty of times when defending oneself, or others, with a hex is the right way to go as well. I'm coming more around to the pro-hex point of view.

Even in those situations though I think "sending love" is useful because it helps a person get to a place where they aren't angry. You can be a total aggressive bad-ass when the situation calls for it without the anger.

I say love 'em first. Then go in for the kill.

Liminal

Love 'em always I reckon. I had to give a guy and his suitcases the 'bums rush' off a peaceful love commune once, I was told its better to love people ... I was , I was loving him .... and giving exactly what he needed (and what no one there, whose peace and love was being disturbed by him, seemed to be able to know how to act on that).

JesusBuddhaCrowley never insisted I like everyone though .

• Like 2

But the new age warns - it comes back threefold ... watch out ! ;)

Yep, I'm cursing everyone this week with lots of wealth, luck, success and health!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this