deci belle

Recognizing Reality

Words are not it. Words only call it~ but I like your tone~ so stick around.❤︎

Diversity is not it. You are not even talking in circles. Sameness within difference is a term referring to the basis of the function of enlightening activity, not an equivocality noshing "it's all good".

STOP MAKING SENSE. Reasonableness is for polite society. I can call it anything because words serve my purpose. I do not go along with meaning. I intend meaning for the purpose of those who have an affinity with inconceivability. That is all.

I'm just fishing, but what's more, I'm good to go mr 'verse. I only stick around just to see who else is good to go.

I have a thread called "About Me". Just so you know who you're dealing with.

I like your tone

I like your tone too. You have a knack for expressing the ineffable. You're uncompromising about it.

I'm just fishing, but what's more, I'm good to go mr 'verse. I only stick around just to see who else is good to go.

Lets assume this is true. Is that uncompromising resolute adherence to presence the key to stability?

(The Tao) which originated all under the sky is to be

considered as the mother of them all.

When the mother is found, we know what her children should be.

When one knows that he is his mother's child, and proceeds to guard

(the qualities of) the mother that belong to him, to the end of his

life he will be free from all peril.

Let him keep his mouth closed, and shut up the portals (of his

nostrils), and all his life he will be exempt from laborious exertion.

Let him keep his mouth open, and (spend his breath) in the promotion

of his affairs, and all his life there will be no safety for him.

The perception of what is small is (the secret of clear-

sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is (the secret

of) strength.

Who uses well his light,

Reverting to its (source so) bright,

Will from his body ward all blight,

And hides the unchanging from men's sight.

Stability is the nature of awareness, yet since this has never moved, in seeing reality, we have no inclination to act outside of potential.

East Mountain walks on water.

A few nice responses here…❤︎

Goldisheavy,

I see now what you are missing in your philosophy. You need an "awakening of unity." I myself did not need this, I needed an "awakening of non-judgment." Each of our dispositions and nature have different needs. You do not see the full unity arising from the single source, and therefore equality and sameness. This renders the matter of choice and difference invalid. However, this kind of truth must be felt, realized. Not intellectualized. I hope maybe you will meditate on this, and see what you find. Look inside yourself, as you have for you ego, and find the part of you that TRULY sees that all things are really one, without difference and without distinction.

Goldisheavy,

I see now what you are missing in your philosophy. You need an "awakening of unity." I myself did not need this, I needed an "awakening of non-judgment." Each of our dispositions and nature have different needs. You do not see the full unity arising from the single source, and therefore equality and sameness. This renders the matter of choice and difference invalid. However, this kind of truth must be felt, realized. Not intellectualized. I hope maybe you will meditate on this, and see what you find. Look inside yourself, as you have for you ego, and find the part of you that TRULY sees that all things are really one, without difference and without distinction.

In what sense are all things really one?

Valmont, this lightweight is not worth the trouble. Though not unlike a horse-fly.

But you sure have weighed in, Vicompte!❤︎

ed note: talk nicer about the Foolsgold

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

Diversity is not it.

Going back a little... If the ten thousand things are in essence one, then even if you call that one 'nothing' how can you negate the ten thousand things, since they are exactly 'it'?

• Like 1

Going back a little... If the ten thousand things are in essence one, then even if you call that one 'nothing' how can you negate the ten thousand things, since they are exactly 'it'?

IMO... the ten thousand is a manifest idea... the arising... the living.

Where does it originate? (ie: get outside of manifest, arising and living)

Where is there to get outside to? I don't think recognising reality is about retreating from the manifest into some kind of abstract idea. Reality has to be recognised precisely in the concrete everyday events that arise and pass away every moment. Otherwise its not reality, its just a head trip.

• Like 4

Today, I saw some male antelope resting in the sun. As I looked, I saw the sun above them. At first glance, the sun appeared to be one thing, a ball of bright light in the sky, and the antelope another. Yet there was no separation between the antelope and the sun. The light and warmth engulfed them, it ran inside their blood and bones as the grass they eat, and it shifts and stirs the air all around. Even more, it was the same sun that warmed my body and lit my senses. I would not point to the golden fire and say it is the antelope, and I would not point to the antelope and say it is the sun, but there is no separation between them, and no separation between them and I, and no separation between I and the source from which we spring.

• Like 2

It may be presumptuous of me to speak for deci but...

Calling the one 'nothing' is not a negation

nor is it an affirmation.

Labels simply do not stick when pointing to reality.

Today, I saw some male antelope resting in the sun. As I looked, I saw the sun above them. At first glance, the sun appeared to be one thing, a ball of bright light in the sky, and the antelope another. Yet there was no separation between the antelope and the sun. The light and warmth engulfed them, it ran inside their blood and bones as the grass they eat, and it shifts and stirs the air all around. Even more, it was the same sun that warmed my body and lit my senses. I would not point to the golden fire and say it is the antelope, and I would not point to the antelope and say it is the sun, but there is no separation between them, and no separation between them and I, and no separation between I and the source from which we spring.

I feel that warmth as I read your post.

_/\_

Every sentient being is "I"

All boundaries are contrived

Now is impossibly fleeting and equally eternal

• Like 2

Where is there to get outside to? I don't think recognising reality is about retreating from the manifest into some kind of abstract idea. Reality has to be recognised precisely in the concrete everyday events that arise and pass away every moment. Otherwise its not reality, its just a head trip.

I often like Jesus word when he said, "I am in the world but not of the world".

I personally never found that abstract coming from a manifested mouth.

• Like 1

Calling the one 'nothing' is not a negation

nor is it an affirmation.

Labels simply do not stick when pointing to reality.

This makes me think of, "Not-Two; Not-One".

I often like Jesus word when he said, "I am in the world but not of the world".

I personally never found that abstract coming from a manifested mouth.

Well, I suppose we all have our understandings. Jesus was born of a woman just like all the rest of us are. Things that allowed him to grow, the food he ate and the liquid he drank were of this world so he was of this world and he died just like any other person would have if subjected to what he was subjected to.

And for sure he was not from some other plenet in some other solar system.

This makes me think of, "Not-Two; Not-One".

If not one not two then you need to use more than two fingers to count them. Unless, of course, there are none.

Well, I suppose we all have our understandings. Jesus was born of a woman just like all the rest of us are. Things that allowed him to grow, the food he ate and the liquid he drank were of this world so he was of this world and he died just like any other person would have if subjected to what he was subjected to.

And for sure he was not from some other plenet in some other solar system.

MH, on one count you are correct, the physical body of Jesus per your description was made of elements of this world, but per another description his golden white-light body is not of this world per what many know as "normal" physical elements and thus can not be counted the same way.

• Like 2

The first is the way of ultimate reality. Tao in this sense can not be defined, perceived, or clearly conceived. Tao is the root of all things, but all things are not Tao. To be Tao is to be unlimited, undefined or unformed. Tao is all the same, the ground of everything that follows. The Tao is also transcendent and immanent. In the second sense it is the way of the universe; the norm, the rhythm, and the force behind and in all of nature. It is spirit not matter. It is inexhaustible energy that flows stronger the more it is drawn upon.

You mean we are all jesus and the story is about us?

I mean Jesus is an Elder soul (and or immortal) just like there are Elder souls (or immortals) in other traditions, so in that case the answer to your question would be no, we are not all Jesus. As for the "us" it depends on what level of us you mean?

The recognition of reality as the totality of one's self is abiding in the presence of an immediate and perpetual result without cause as is. This is not dependent on circumstances, it is proven by them.

Simply believing this is not good enough.

Simply believing is not enough because the mind believes and the mind is in consciousness, consciousness is not in the mind. Only the idea of consciousness is in the mind. And reality/consciousness/me/you is not dependent on circumstance as it is always the case.

The problem is we identify with the mind. I feel I am finally understanding and knowing this with out rationalising it. :-)

Maybe the more we consciously act (cultivate) the less we identify with our minds or maybe the more we cultivate we up our vibration level. It could be either or both or neither I am open to suggestion on that.

My heart opened recently in a great way, people who I would normally treat with respect but judge and dislike a little I could easily switch it and feel genuine compassion for.

All my best,

• Like 1

Nothing is negated. Seeing through phenomena without denying characteristics is the Supreme Vehicle.

The 10k things aren't one thing: essence isn't a thing.

Essence is inherent in creation. Enlightening being simply isn't separate and essence isn't created.

Nothing is it, not things.

As I said to you before: stop making sense, ok?

You really ought to spend time studying the ancients and then reflecting on reality as you use situations to refine yourself instead of speculating on the meaning of words.

Enough backing up, just stop! Drop negation and nihilism and any kind of relative idea pertaining to emptiness you can think of. It's not it. It is not ideas. This matter is not within the realm of mental activity.

Situations are not different than oneself. That is all there is to it. It is not a matter of things being. Since oneself is essential nature, uncreated, and things are not different, the nature of reality is empty.

Adapting impersonally to situations is matching one's potential to creation.

I'm talking about enlightening activity. Not treating things as things but as potential is returning things to essence.

Recognizing reality is just this. Seeing the light of potential in all things is using the world to refine the self. Refining the self is enlightening activity. It's all the same as one gathers Virtue and as the Way coalesces, one ceases cloying involvements.

As situations come up, one just responds without personalistic interpretations coming to mind.

This is recognizing reality.

• Like 1

I really don't follow you, Infinity.

Reality, consciousness, mind, ideas, circumstances, cultivation as conscious action, identifying with mind… etc.

Reality is mind, even as delusion— you make it that way— that's thoughts.

There is a wealth of information in the classics. They are very helpful if studied. It takes years to develop a usable vocabulary that can be used to discuss the reality behind the terms. It is best to concentrate on one or another of the authentic traditions that one may have an affinity with. It really is a necessary part of the gradual approach and I recommend it highly.

What you are calling mind as the believing, questioning, self-reifying consciousness is delusion, conscious awareness. It would be safer and clearer to refer to this thieving ego-identified human mentality as something other than mind (unless you attach qualifications).

Identifying with the mind that identifies itself is getting into schizophrenia. It is enough that the human mentality is the false identity and leave it at that, ok?

Also, mind being in consciousness is beyond redundancy because, as before, in terms of multiple personalities, it is best to steer clear of psychological distinctions altogther— the point is to discover and abide in the nonpsychological, which is spiritual, impersonal and immediately aware, without entering into the human mentality in the first place.

Human conditioned conscious psychological awareness is simply polluted. Clear this completely and it is the mind of Tao.

There are no two minds. Identification is the conditioned activity of the human mentality. That is what it does.

Conscious activity is verrrry rarely even necessary in the course of impersonal adaption to circumstances.

Study more, observe the human mentality without following its action unawares and think less.❤︎

• Like 1

You mean we are all jesus and the story is about us?

Yes. It's all One. Time is an illusion too - it's all here and now. We are all each other, including Jesus and Buddha. Not all of us are in awareness of it, though. Jesus was, so was the Buddha. The whole thing is just Awareness.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

All the traditions of mental hygiene necessitate years of serious single-minded study before even entering into supervised meditation practice.

Only after this kind of penetration into the nature of mind is it possible to talk about the problems encountered and the practice of self-refinement as it applies to clarifying the human mentality.

I never had the opportunity to ask or tell anybody anything ever.

Please don't show up unprepared to my threads unless you plan to do a lot of reading and referencing without feeling it is necessary to post. It really isn't fair to those who post only after considerable reflection beforehand.

It is hopefully obvious that the old-timers are extremely guilty of this and probably won't ever do what is necessary to change their habits in this regard.

The requirements are no different for beginners than they are for those set in their ways: one must WANT to change in order to manifest the world-honored result.

The reason it is not good enough to believe is because there is nothing to believe.

Though reality is the scene before one's eyes, it does not involve the sense-gates.

• Like 1