ॐDominicusॐ

Shouldn't Acupuncture be able to lead to Enlightenment by opening things up?

the way Enlightenment reveals itself is by Awareness dropping into the heart or hara via central channel and merges there.

Considering awareness has no physical location I think you'd have a hard time doing that.

Almost nobody here is qualified to comment on what enlightenment is. We can only comment on enlightening. Anyone who has demonstratable progress towards essence should be qualified to talk about their particular process. Anything more is a bit of a waste of time.

Almost nobody here is qualified to comment on what enlightenment is.

Its not that complicated really.

This is quite a good commentary on enlightenment, i think.

But can ferrets become enlightened? ;) (I just like to ask fun questions, no really don't spend time/effort replying to them all, especially this one lol)

I had a three legged, albino ferret in college... you know.. like you do.

Nikita... she got my wife and friends and I pretty close to enlightenment a few times when we'd load the bong, turn on the black light and release the glowing weasel of the universe into the living room full of toys...

• Like 1

Hey Dominicus, it's nice to see you here again. Someone recently shared here your thread on ATS about meeting the master in India.

As to your question about pressing certain points aiding enlightenment, I have heard this is indeed done in Dzogchen. Here is an excerpt from a teaching of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu:

"Then at the end of the Song of the Vajra there are ten syllables:

Sasa riri lili ii mimi
which represent ten energy points in our physical body. In the Vajrayana in general, in the
Chakrasamvara or sometimes also in the Hevajra tantra, some of these energy waves are
explained. For example, that is why when we see the figure of Milarepa he is seated like
this. [Rinpoche sits with a raised arm] Some painters don’t understand what it means and
the figure has his hand in a kind of military salute, or sometimes closer to the ear. Some
teachers do not know what the real sense is and say that Milarepa is listening to all sentient
beings. Some people also believe that. But that is not the reason, because if Milarepa had
the potentiality to hear all sentient beings he wouldn’t have to put his hand like this [up
close to his ear]. This is what you do if you don’t have the capacity to hear very well, so
how can you hear all sentient beings with many differences, different dimensions etc.
Milarepa is controlling an energy wave. We have an energy wave here and when we
control this energy wave we can get into the state of emptiness easily. For that reason
Milarepa is in this position in order to control this wave. His hand is in this position in
order to fnd this energy point, otherwise you cannot fnd it. Sometimes in yangti practices
or in the Dzogchen longde we use a tsulshing [meditation stick] for maintaining the state of
our body better. On the top of this stick there is a moon shape so that we can control both
of these energy waves. Many vajrayana teachings explain how you should find these waves
precisely because sometimes when you touch these points you can feel some nerves
beating and if you press them for a long time it may block your circulation and create
problems. It is not the energy wave that is beating. So for example when you put your first
finger in this place at the front of your ear and put your hand like this, in this position you
can find the energy point straight away. When you press that you can find the experience
of emptiness easily. Milarepa used that position when he was doing practice, but because
they did not know that principle precisely they made paintings of him in a slightly different
way.
We not only have points of emptiness. As well as the four energy points of emptiness on
the right and left side, we have four points of clarity and two for having more sensation,
which are all connected with specific teachings in the upadesa. When we learn these types
of practices we can discover what the points are and use them. It is not that we only use the
points for pleasure. It is not like that. So these are examples of how the Song of the Vajra is

connected with these points.

Its not that complicated really.

This is quite a good commentary on enlightenment, i think.

Well, yeah ok that kind of description works I guess. I don't think anyone could argue with that.

• Like 1