Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Empathy

Is anyone else empathic?

This has been a burden for me and I didn't realise it for a long time - it's more under my control now so it's okay, but it's messed with me in the past, taking on peoples stuff at the physical level...for example, it screwed with my training and messed up my stances, making me feel way too unstable for someone who does as much grounding as I do (read: I do grounding exercises more or less every single day, often twice).

It was also responsible for a bunch of posts I made on the internet a while ago when it went haywire, before I realised I was empathic. Like I said, I have more control over it now so I'll be fine.

Anyone else? Share your experiences.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 1

Not really but I do know the feeling and I know what you are talking about.

And yes, if we allow it to control us it will indeed mess up our life.

• Like 1

Busy streets can be a bit much. Being on stage too...it's like feedback...sensing everyone fixed on one point, you. Some people love that feeling of being in the spotlight.. It gives them power. I can never handle it.

• Like 2

I think Im pretty empathic that is to say, I read people accurately , at least I think so , I dont really know

But considering that ,, would yall say its natural , or is it unnatural , to keep ones sentiments to oneself.

To control what we say and do , in light of what we think someone else would like to hear or believe. ?

• Like 1

I think Im pretty empathic that is to say, I read people accurately , at least I think so , I dont really know

But considering that ,, would yall say its natural , or is it unnatural , to keep ones sentiments to oneself.

To control what we say and do , in light of what we think someone else would like to hear or believe. ?

I'd say that all depends on the person and their mood at the time. It's more unnatural to always be set in one mode of thought :P.

<snip>

..I didn't realise it for a long time...

<snip>

When did you come to realize it?

I understand this feeling. I feel like the other person feels and that takes me away from how I feel. Then I don't know how I feel. I think this is the beginning of an advancement. We have to feel more fully how others feel without feeling lost. Perhaps we have to let go of ourselves even more and then we can feel more stable. I don't know.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this