TaoMaster

what is reality and what is illusion ?

Okay, that's better. Simple minds need simple information.

I know I have a lot of that energy on my fridge.

Hey, one of my back support belts has magnets in it. (It does help but the help might just be psychological.)

And please, don't be messing with my compass. I still some times need to know in which direction I am headed.

Where are you getting these solid facts of what is Yin and Yang? (Besides from your own invention)

Unfortunately, I won't be taking the fictional accounts of how Darth Vader strikes down Obi-wan, as a valid case study.

This will be my last post on the thread, it is yours after all and I've decided I'd rather not interfere in what you want to believe.

SA,

This really belongs on the yang yin thread but I'll insert here anyways since you asked.

Do you consider good positive and bad negative things.?

Just the words , we're not addressing contexts or perspective and were using generality . Which one is typically positive or negative .

You start with two columns.

Positive on the left and neg on the right ......ALWAYS NO EXCEPTIONS. Just do it .

You may not be aware of this now and probably call BS at first but just stay with it for a bit and you'll start to see what I mean that is impossible to describe in other words. It's subjective reality were working with here .

Yang is always positive and yin negative

So you use yang or pos at the top left column and yin on the top right .

Yang>< down

Good >

On the contrary, a magnetic field is entirely about perspective and relativity. It is, in fact, the apparent motion of a charge which manifests a magnetic field. Alter the apparent motion (or the charge) and the magnetic field changes.

Yet no one can give me three real life examples of how a mag field changes with perspective . Not even one real life example.

I can give you hundreds of real life example of how opposite fields, poles or yang yin can not be change with perspective

So who is correct and who's not ?

, your move .

An aside to the conversation (and maybe pointed out in a later post I haven't read yet) but the two words have distinctly different Latin roots.

actual is derived from french and latin origins and factual is derived from the word actual . same origins

peace :)

Thx man , sincerely.

Doesn't indicate a change based on perspective that I can see.

It is simple though.

I'm in Occam's razors camp on every subject and everything.

Certainly you know of his work.

The simplest explanation is not sometimes the most likely. It is ALWAYS the most likely.

Therefor by the law of duality the most complicated explanation is ALWAYS the most unlikely.

Take a felled tree in the forest for example. ( for the advanced taoists )

If you see a tree down in the forest , the simplest explanation is that it is just a downed tree.

A more complexed explanation is that it fell

Then it fell from old age and wind or a seal team 6 took a dingy from an aircraft carrier and beached it next to the shore, hiked three miles and cut the thing down with a battery operated sawzall.

I can go on but you got it .

Fact is , the tree is just down. It didn't even exist until you saw it there.

Edited by TaoMaster

Reality is that I am in my house all alone. Illusion is that there is a foxy redhead in here with me walking around naked.

• Like 1

Reality is that I am in my house all alone. Illusion is that there is a foxy redhead in here with me walking around naked.

:lol:

whith a short skirt and no bikini, about 20 years old, 5,6 120 lbs, blue eyes and looking at you :wub: with a big smile. :lol:

illusions suck ( yin ) :mellow:

but youre gettin the " hang " of it now . ( yang ) :)

Edited by TaoMaster

:lol:

whith a short skirt and no bikini, about 20 years old, 5,6 120 lbs, blue eyes and looking at you :wub: with a big smile. :lol:

illusions suck ( yin ) :mellow:

but youre gettin the " hang " of it now . ( yang ) :)

Hehehe. Your imagination (illusions) might be better than mine.

Hehehe. Your imagination (illusions) might be better than mine.

young is yang old is yin

im yin when it comes to age, it sucks too . But its a good example of how yin and yang do not change and are not changable based on perspective or attitude .

we can certainly change our perspectives. Our attitudes and point of view but it wont change yang or yin and it wont make us young again .

enjoy what ever you have left of your body while you can . Youve had others and will have others again . How many times?

infinite

countless

as long as life has been life

maybe ill be you and you me next time around. :lol: maybe not

Yeah, well, from your perspective I Guess I am Yin as I am rather old.

In my real life I really am Yin as long as no one tried to fuck with me. If they do they will see one really nasty Yang guy.

Hehehe. Reincarnation. I'm a Materialist, remember? No such thing as reincarnation.

But I have admitted that I wouldn't mind coming back again and again just so I could get the women I missed (and there were a few) the first time around. And I'm sure I could meet more who could be had that I never met this time around.

Yeah, well, from your perspective I Guess I am Yin as I am rather old.

In my real life I really am Yin as long as no one tried to fuck with me. If they do they will see one really nasty Yang guy.

Hehehe. Reincarnation. I'm a Materialist, remember? No such thing as reincarnation.

But I have admitted that I wouldn't mind coming back again and again just so I could get the women I missed (and there were a few) the first time around. And I'm sure I could meet more who could be had that I never met this time around.

from a different perspective yes . the perspective changes but yang yin does not .

i consider reicarnation just more smoke and mirrors as well my old friend .

there are no souls that leave one body and go get a new one . its an illusion.

when the life is snuffed out of one body it simple rejoins all life again with no past and no future no history etc. life is outside of all that .

when a new body is generated , life as in singular , sticks it foot in the shoe so to speak and animation begins.

life ? yes , souls, spirits, ghosts and tooth fairies ? no

twin flames and angels ? pfffft. if you want, but they are only as real as that 20 year old girl wearing a short skirt , no bikini , blue eyes and a big smile :wub:

the devil and satin ? smoke and mirrors. Prayers? go ahead its your illusion, you can dream up and pray to who or what ever you like . :lol: rats, cows , st jude and ali baba

but Life ? yeah theres life . All this stuff around us didnt come from a buffalo fart .

life is also aware of self but it deos a good job of convincing itself it doesnt . I know this from first hand experience . been there done that .

side note , almost all my posts get edited for spelling errors . this one is no different

Edited by TaoMaster

from a different perspective yes . the perspective changes but yang yin does not .

i consider reicarnation just more smoke and mirrors as well my old friend .

there are no souls that leave one body and go get a new one . its an illusion.

when the life is snuffed out of one body it simple rejoins all life again with no past and no future no history etc. life is outside of all that

Okay, we are in agreement here.

twin flames and angels ? pfffft. if you want, but they are only as real as that 20 year old girl wearing a short skirt , no bikini , blue eyes and a big smile :wub:

Hehehe. Did you know that there are many differences between a brown-eyed redhead and a blue-eyed redhead?

Okay, try real hard and see if you can do one post without going back to edit it. Let me know if you succeed.

Yet no one can give me three real life examples of how a mag field changes with perspective . Not even one real life example. I can give you hundreds of real life example of how opposite fields, poles or yang yin can not be change with perspective So who is correct and who's not ? , your move .

I think your duality perspective is pretty good for electrostatics, and for electrodynamics if you ignore magnetism, but it fails to account for time, and hence for magnetism. It falls flat on gravity, too, I think, unless you think you can express it. Don't see it being predictive for inertia, either. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that your model only accounts for part of "reality."

Explore the electromagnetic potential (the Lorentz covariant four-potential collapses to it under nonrelativistic conditions) and learn the significance of retarded potentials

Picture this -- you and a partner conduct an experiment. You synchronize your watches and then you walk some distance away while your partner picks up a charged particle between thumb and forefinger. You observer and take notes while your partner begins to move the particle up and down. Up and down, up and down...

Your partner is generating an electromagnetic wave -- the movement in the plane of motion of the particle is the "electrodynamic" component while the "magnetodynamic" component is orthogonal to that vector field, at a right-angle to it in a direction I cannot point. The magnetic field is the delayed effect (the retardation) of the signal carried by the electric field, delayed by the propagation delay needed for the electromagnetic wave, travelling at the speed of light, to travel the distance you walked -- it is a shifted phase-angle.

The amplitude of both the electric fields and the magnetic fields (which are collectively the electromagnetic field) can be calculated and, if you've got sufficiently sensitive instrumentation, measured. The color of the light your friend generates, by the way, is precisely related to how quickly that particle gets wiggled.

The principle you should explore next is inductance.

One of the key concepts is that of magnetic permeability. Vacuum, by definition, has a permeability of unity and is, by consequence, nonmagnetic. A relative permeability slightly greater than one indicates a paramagnetic substance, which is weakly attracted to a magnet. A relative permeability of less than one means a substance is diamagnetic, and is repelled by a magnet. Water is 0.999992 and air is 1.00000037.

This means we, being mostly water, are right near that inflection point. A small change in magnetic susceptibility makes a difference.

Three examples? :) I take your challenge in jest because you claim complete understanding of the universe but display fundamental gaps but...

• Like 2

actual is derived from french and latin origins and factual is derived from the word actual . same origins

peace :)

Online Etymology Dictionary says otherwise.

http://etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=actual&searchmode=none

actual (adj.) early 14c., "pertaining to an action," from Old French actuel "now existing, up to date" (13c.), from Late Latin actualis "active, pertaining to action," adjectival form of Latin actus (see act (n.)). The broader sense of "real, existing" (as opposed to potential, ideal, etc.) is from late 14c.

act (n.) late 14c., "a thing done," from Old French acte "(official) document," and directly from Latin actus "a doing, a driving, impulse; a part in a play, act," and actum "a thing done," originally a legal term, both from agere "to do, set in motion, drive, urge, chase, stir up," from PIE root *ag- "to drive, draw out or forth, move" (cognates: Greek agein "to lead, guide, drive, carry off," agon "assembly, contest in the games," agogos "leader;" Sanskrit ajati "drives," ajirah "moving, active;" Old Norse aka "to drive;" Middle Irish ag "battle").

Theatrical ("part of a play," 1510s) and legislative (early 15c.) senses of the word also were in Latin. Meaning "display of exaggerated behavior" is from 1928. In the act "in the process" is from 1590s, perhaps originally from the 16c. sense of the act as "sexual intercourse." Act of God "uncontrollable natural force" recorded by 1726.

An act of God is an accident which arises from a cause which operates without interference or aid from man (1 Pars. on Cont. 635); the loss arising wherefrom cannot be guarded against by the ordinary exertions of human skill and prudence so as to prevent its effect. [William Wait, "General Principles of the Law," Albany, 1879]

factual (adj.) , from fact on model of actual. Related: Factually.

fact (n.), "action," especially "evil deed," from Latin factum "event, occurrence," literally "thing done," neuter past participle of facere "to do" (see factitious). Usual modern sense of "thing known to be true" appeared 1630s, from notion of "something that has actually occurred." Facts of life "harsh realities" is from 1854; specific sense of "human sexual functions" first recorded 1913

So the nouns "act" and "fact" come from actus and factum, with "factual" being a relatively modern word based on factual but derived linguistically & phonetically from the adjective "actual."

Make sense?

I think your duality perspective is pretty good for electrostatics, and for electrodynamics if you ignore magnetism, but it fails to account for time, and hence for magnetism. It falls flat on gravity, too, I think, unless you think you can express it. Don't see it being predictive for inertia, either. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that your model only accounts for part of "reality."

Explore the electromagnetic potential (the Lorentz covariant four-potential collapses to it under nonrelativistic conditions) and learn the significance of retarded potentials

Picture this -- you and a partner conduct an experiment. You synchronize your watches and then you walk some distance away while your partner picks up a charged particle between thumb and forefinger. You observer and take notes while your partner begins to move the particle up and down. Up and down, up and down...

Your partner is generating an electromagnetic wave -- the movement in the plane of motion of the particle is the "electrodynamic" component while the "magnetodynamic" component is orthogonal to that vector field, at a right-angle to it in a direction I cannot point. The magnetic field is the delayed effect (the retardation) of the signal carried by the electric field, delayed by the propagation delay needed for the electromagnetic wave, travelling at the speed of light, to travel the distance you walked -- it is a shifted phase-angle.

The amplitude of both the electric fields and the magnetic fields (which are collectively the electromagnetic field) can be calculated and, if you've got sufficiently sensitive instrumentation, measured. The color of the light your friend generates, by the way, is precisely related to how quickly that particle gets wiggled.

The principle you should explore next is inductance.

One of the key concepts is that of magnetic permeability. Vacuum, by definition, has a permeability of unity and is, by consequence, nonmagnetic. A relative permeability slightly greater than one indicates a paramagnetic substance, which is weakly attracted to a magnet. A relative permeability of less than one means a substance is diamagnetic, and is repelled by a magnet. Water is 0.999992 and air is 1.00000037.

This means we, being mostly water, are right near that inflection point. A small change in magnetic susceptibility makes a difference.

Three examples? :) I take your challenge in jest because you claim complete understanding of the universe but display fundamental gaps but...

thx man but this is too complicated for me to understand without looking up all this stuff in a dictionary but I value the time you spent on all this . its just allot of noise and bluster for me . :lol: . too much for 99.9 % of the readers too .

i have no way to agree or disagree. No worries tho . :)

I uderstand you when you say perspective can make the change but its the perspective that always and without exception that changes, not the yang and yin . Everything is yang and yin or mostly yang or mostly yin is different forms. perspectives may change but not the yang and yins.

my poinit is if up is yang and down is yin . The only way to change your perspective is to change context and as soon as you do its a new unit of time and you start all over again

theres always a higher high or a lower low but high is always yang and low is always yin.

its always in a new unit of time when you change that , that changes everything.

when i say im yin because of my age , its always relative to something else. Another age or an average age for example .

if the average age or life span os 75 years for example and im 56 then im consered old. YIN

If im less than 50 % of the average then im yang .

but if I compare myself to an age of 57, then im yang again .

yangs are only related to other yangs and yins yin with a single exception generated by the law of duality

take 2 bar magnets

2 inches wide 3 inches long and a 1/4 inches deep

put them together so they sitck to each other side by side

take a white pen and draw a + at the tops of each and a - at the bottems of each

draw a + on its left sides and a - on its right sides

draw a + at the tops and a - at the bottems

pull the magnets apart and try to put them back together with opposing filed. Its not gonna happen . They wont stick and you cant change that holding it between two fingers , a different perspective, attitude or anything else.

do this

draw a 3 foot square on the floor of a box

stand in the box and look down at it

write the words front at your toes and back at your heals then left next to your left side and right at your right side

now turn around 180 degrees and face the back

ONLY the words have changed and the front now says back and the back says front

left and right change too

but yang and yin will never change

yang is front yin is back yang is left and yin is right.

you cant change universal law but you can change the lables, point of view, and perspective . It doesnt change , perspective does. This may be our only conflict in reality and I think it is.

the back is now the front FRONT can only face another front.

back can never face another back or a front . When back faces back it becomes front . ONLY the lables and perspective have changed.

gravity is just yin pushing back on yang

space is yin and earth is yang.

yang is always a positive and yin a negative.

the vaccum of space puts negative pressure on the planet from the inside out. It generates heat , pressure and solidity at the core and cold transparantcy with almost no pressure at the outer atmosphere.

a yin is always the negative and yang the positive.

there can always be a more solid thing and a less solid thing.

land is the yang and yin is the water. They oppose each other like black does to white.

I dont expect you to bother with this but give me your examples in laymens terms, like something we can see or find at the local grocery store.

All the scientific stuff means nothing to me. As a whole its all YIN . A negative.

Im looking for Yang :)

Online Etymology Dictionary says otherwise.

http://etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=actual&searchmode=none

So the nouns "act" and "fact" come from actus and factum, with "factual" being a relatively modern word based on factual but derived linguistically & phonetically from the adjective "actual."

Make sense?

this is a snip from the link you provided.

factual is derived from actual and actual is derived from french and spanish origins.

this was and is my meaning when i first mentioned it .

There can certainly be conflicts from one publication to another and most likely is but its how I see it now and will continue

:)

Glad you chose to label yourself TaoMaster rather than BrainSurgeon but it's all good!

When you decide to empty that cup, revisit this thread.

:)

Glad you chose to label yourself TaoMaster rather than Brain Surgeon but it's all good!

When you decide to empty that cup, revisit this thread.

hey no problem :lol:

as expected, your examples didnt prove anything usfull. Its easy to cut and paste allot of non sense and say its this and that . Niether did the link refering to the derivations. Get back to me when you can provide an example in your own words. Something that we can understand would be good too . :)

what cup ? its an illusion , ( yin )

the pleasure has been all mine , :) literally

I'm still reading the posts in this thread. I just don't have anything to say at the moment.

dont let Brain or anyone else be discouraging . :) He doenst understand much of whats going on around him . if he did he'd know he and I are the same guy, in spiritually terms, but his reality is that hes a name and im a different name. Our names are different . But not the life that controls us both . He doesnt see that . Not many do . :)