TaoMaster

what is reality and what is illusion ?

Your logic is confusing to me and hurts my brain. Thus, from my perspective you are wrong and I am moving on.

But I am going to remain and try to find out how her rationalizes his delusion.

Illusion is not affliction: would the resident philosophers make a note of that, please? Affliction is not knowing you are afflicted.

Illusion is indeed an infliction. It is a form of schizophrenia. It's like looking for the ghosts in the closet. It is a waste of time and a waste of a life that otherwise could have been enjoyed in reality.

Not knowing is ignorance. I have seen many ignorant, very happy people. They lived within their reality and had no illusions of what their reality was.

Alice Cooper is a board member and past President of Wentworth Golf Club ( the very exclusive golf club favoured by our Metropolitan 'elite').

Very good golfer too, by all accounts.

The stuffy committee there opposed him joining but he kept winning so they relented.

He's also a regular at St George's Golf Club in Weybridge another very posh club.

No,idea what the fees must be for those places but the golf course nearest to us charges members £1,000 a year plus green fees for each game they play and they have to pay ( a lot) for all food and beverages.

That is one expensive hobby.

Our bowling fees are £80 a year membership plus £3.50 green fee ( includes a ham-salad tea-meal plus cakes , biscuits and unlimited cups of tea/coffee or squash).

Bargain!

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Alice Cooper is ...

Well, I have some of his music so apparently it didn't matter much to me.

Yes, I'm sure Alice has enough wealth to stand up agains the stuffy Brits. Hehehe.

I have a massive ignorance of popular music.

Anything post Beatles, Stones, Dylan and Leonard Cohen seems to have passed me by.

I cannot name a single one of Alice Cooper's records nor Messrs Meat Loaf or Ozzy Osborne albeit as soon as I see them in any media I know exactly who they are.

How the hell I do know - I don't know, but I do.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Yeah, I stopped trying to keep up with the new artists in the mid-1970s. Music was going in directions that didn't interest me.

I was for a while keeping up with the emerging artists in Bluegrass and Cajun/Zydeco but I have even stopped doing that.

I have my music collection, a pretty big one, and enough variety to fit any mood I might be in.

I have all of Black Sabbath's music but none of Ozzy's. One Meat Loaf LP.

I'm still listening to Cajun/Zydeco mixes that I started on two days ago because I haven't tired of it yet and my mood hasn't called for anything else.

There's delusion of memory: "Did I see the tree fall? I'm not sure... it seems that I did , but..." And there's delusion of motivation: "If a tree fell it's because I pushed it over. If there be any doubt I'll go over and push it over now"

• Like 1

There's delusion of memory:

True indeed. Just recently "Brain Games" on TV did an episode on this. Our memory gets mixed up a lot more often than most of us would admit to.

True indeed. Just recently "Brain Games" on TV did an episode on this. Our memory gets mixed up a lot more often than most of us would admit to.

I may have seen that same episode , its a fun show ,,

• Like 1

THE LAST PART :)

heres how it looks on paper

Yang+>future+ >+positive mass+ positve energy >+sensation-<-Negative energy <-negative mass <-past<-Yin

This is the spectrum of the duailty package.

animated life forms ( humans for example ) that have motion are central to

transparentcy + <> -solidity

The spine is the center point , Each arm and leg, eyeball, ear and nostril to name a few are the Yang yin of the body respectivly .

The human body is niether completly soild like a bowling ball and not compelty transparent like a hologram or a thought.

Its central to solidity- and transparentcy +

Our bodys can move like we can move thoughts and yet are also solid like a bowling ball .

a little of both

The spine represent present time

The yin side is the past- and the yang side is the future+.

The spinal coulmn is where sensation is senced in present time.

Humans and other animals are as close to the present there is .

When the body leans to the yang side it becomes more transparent and when it leans towards the yin side it bocome more solid.

If you lean very far over to the yang side youll start to glow brighter and take on all the atributes of the yang.

Like wise , lean towards the yin and youll become very solid and take on the attributes of the YIN-

so it goes

Motion >+ transparentcy >+, human spine human-< solidity < -No motion

This is how we are animated . A little soildness with a little transparentcy = human body

solidity in motion.

Do the meditation exercise and get good at it . Dual packages will begin to colapse for you upon inspection . Call it what you want merge or colapse, disasemble etc . Just different terms for the same thing.

Note ,

a LIFE FORM is the aninmated soildity that spiritual life controls .

SPIRITUAL LIFE has no mass , is static has no wave lenth or location of than the considerations of these.

a LIFE FORM is the physical universe aka human body or others.

• Like 2

all of the above may seem a little bizar . Its the framework for all life in the universe and its all dirived from the yang and yin . These are the only two tickets . Until you get going on the list of packages you truly will not get the true flavor of this .

At first the packages will not collapse easy but after some practice they will begine to collapse more and more easier and easier . Its a progressive process. The more you colapse the more you become able to colapse even more .

when all packages colapse simultaioniously you will be one with all spiritual life in the universe and have the ability of all life in the universe. You will in fact be life.

as you become more and more able youll begin to see all the yangs in the universe and all the yins. When you need to make any decision your ability to determine yang and yin will be your guide.

pos><neg

yang ><yin

happy><sad

plus><minus

bright><dull

paradise><hellishness

truth><lie

Reality><illusion

Transparent><solidity

go><stop

UP.><down

fast><slow

wake><sleep

power><weakness

help><hinder

sweet><sour

know><not know

understand><misunderstand

able.><unable

ability><disability

smile><frown

my name used to be the 1 :) .......still is is many ways.

now im taomaster :lol::D

• Like 1

as long as we are posting music here are some cool dudes:

(the 60's rock!)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 3

My tongue has lodged a complaint against being repeatedly bitten.

That was funny when I first read it because the question popped into my mind, "Why do you keep approaching the same mad dog?"

The illusion is that the dog will change - the reality is that the mad dog will keep biting you if it can. Choices of the mind.

• Like 1

My tongue has lodged a complaint against being repeatedly bitten.

Is it natural to go with the tongue and say it , or is it natural to refrain?

Im really am asking opinions on this

I cant ask if its good or bad,

and I cant ask if its logical or illogical

Edited by Stosh

Is it natural to go with the tongue and say it , or is it natural to refrain?

Im really am asking opinions on this

I cant ask if its good or bad,

and I cant ask if its logical or illogical

I'm nobody to provide a decisive answer...hence I mostly leave pointless comments that seem like they might contain wisdom, yet try not to pick sides. :ph34r:

I regularly have to think a moment before leaving a comment... Sometimes I type out a huge post - only to delete the entire thing at the last line.

Why do we make any comments at all? Mostly to satisfy our own burning desire to show that we have the answer...or to hope we may lead someone in the right direction. But even with the purest of intentions, its almost always in vane.

Ignorance is bliss, but only to the selfish...In following the Taoist path, we seek to refine the mind to its purest state - That refinement is a process and one that I have not yet completed.

Perhaps the best comments come in the form of a question ;)

HOWEVER, sometimes..... it's fun to indulge :wub:

• Like 2

I'm nobody to provide a decisive answer...hence I mostly leave pointless comments that seem like they might contain wisdom, yet try not to pick sides. :ph34r:

I regularly have to think a moment before leaving a comment... Sometimes I type out a huge post - only to delete the entire thing at the last line.

Why do we make any comments at all? Mostly to satisfy our own burning desire to show that we have the answer...or to hope we may lead someone in the right direction. But even with the purest of intentions, its almost always in vane.

Ignorance is bliss, but only to the selfish...In following the Taoist path, we seek to refine the mind to its purest state - That refinement is a process and one that I have not yet completed.

Perhaps the best comments come in the form of a question ;)

HOWEVER, sometimes..... it's fun to indulge :wub:

Like you said , ignorance is just fine for some, Im not knocking the idea either that one doesnt really have to always know everything about everything , if they are already in the good place they want to be. But then its also no use to ignore that some questions a person might have really do matter to them , in how they look at things or move forward. THAt my friend is something on the individual nature of folks I think is true.

And yes , I think there may be a healthy amout of concern for the welfare of others even ones we dont know , that we hope we can be of help to, by expressing what we think we know. There can also be benefit in keeping ones thoughts to oneself.

My reading of TTC suggests the wiser course it to refrain from saying anything substantial (in its opinion). but thats never been my strong suit. I wasnt raised to be that way and always disliked it.

So how would I reconcile the two ? It tells me to keep my mouth shut, and I think its ummm ugly.

Edited by Stosh

Like you said , ignorance is just fine for some, Im not knocking the idea either that one doesnt really have to always know everything about everything , if they are already in the good place they want to be. But then its also no use to ignore that some questions a person might have really do matter to them , in how they look at things or move forward. THAt my friend is something on the individual nature of folks I think is true.

And yes , I think there may be a healthy amout of concern for the welfare of others even ones we dont know , that we hope we can be of help to, by expressing what we think we know. There can also be benefit in keeping ones thoughts to oneself.

My reading of TTC suggests the wiser course it to refrain from saying anything substantial (in its opinion). but thats never been my strong suit. I wasnt raised to be that way and always disliked it.

So how would I reconcile the two ? It tells me to keep my mouth shut, and I think its ummm ugly.

If I keep my mouth shut about an opinion I have, it'll be for either one of two reasons:

1. Even though I believe my opinion to be true, it will not at that moment benefit the person I'm hoping to help.

or

2. I realise that I'm wrong/unequipped to answer/only serving myself.

In your case, just go with the flow. As long as you understand and are satisfied with your own reasons for doing/non doing...that's as good as it's going to get. Just like everyone else, you'll always look back and disagree with some of your old thoughts. That's a sign of progress - the opposite (not disagreeing with past comments) could be a sign of foolishness ....or being truly enlightened.

All that being said - this is another one of those pointless comments of mine, as I don't think you really needed anything to be explained :P

If I keep my mouth shut about an opinion I have, it'll be for either one of two reasons:

1. Even though I believe my opinion to be true, it will not at that moment benefit the person I'm hoping to help.

or

2. I realise that I'm wrong/unequipped to answer/only serving myself.

In your case, just go with the flow. As long as you understand and are satisfied with your own reasons for doing/non doing...that's as good as it's going to get. Just like everyone else, you'll always look back and disagree with some of your old thoughts. That's a sign of progress - the opposite (not disagreeing with past comments) could be a sign of foolishness ....or being truly enlightened.

All that being said - this is another one of those pointless comments of mine, as I don't think you really needed anything to be explained :P

Your picture is accurate though.

Ill draw the scenario at hand and youll see so from my perspective.

I thought someone smart that I like was making a boo boo, which would suit me fine to be altered ,

so I can get more answers closer to my own concerns.

So I say where and why, I say its off the mark and then find out he is getting hammered elsewhere,

which I dont really want to add to,, but on the same token , I dont want to support the boo boo either.

Now I could as a general rule not say anything, but thats a stance of not even trying to be of help, of self concern foremost , and essentially retreating to a secure little unchallenged and unchallenging stance that offers no opportunity for either of us.

Now Buddha in a pdf, associated with someone in the thread there, said one should be mindful of what they are saying at all times and that words which lead to unhappy circumstances are unfit for me,, which doesnt really work if circumstance alters the results of what I do say. And then other guy says well you should do what comes natural rather than learned, and the learned behavior in this case would be to be sparing in speech and highly self monitoring.

Id like these knots to melt away like spring rains on parched sand.. hoping for too much?

reality ( truth ) is your doing and only your doing. illusions ( lies ) are your doing and only your doing.

Subjective idealism.

Your picture is accurate though.

Ill draw the scenario at hand and youll see so from my perspective.

I thought someone smart that I like was making a boo boo, which would suit me fine to be altered ,

so I can get more answers closer to my own concerns.

So I say where and why, I say its off the mark and then find out he is getting hammered elsewhere,

which I dont really want to add to,, but on the same token , I dont want to support the boo boo either.

Now I could as a general rule not say anything, but thats a stance of not even trying to be of help, of self concern foremost , and essentially retreating to a secure little unchallenged and unchallenging stance that offers no opportunity for either of us.

Now Buddha in a pdf, associated with someone in the thread there, said one should be mindful of what they are saying at all times and that words which lead to unhappy circumstances are unfit for me,, which doesnt really work if circumstance alters the results of what I do say. And then other guy says well you should do what comes natural rather than learned, and the learned behavior in this case would be to be sparing in speech and highly self monitoring.

Id like these knots to melt away like spring rains on parched sand.. hoping for too much?

In my experience, you've just got to let it go. If you squeeze the banks of a river tighter together to constrict the flow of water, it'll only rush away faster than before. When they've made their mistakes and realize it, then the time for advice will have arrived.

• Like 1

for the advanced Taoists :)

if a tree falls in the forest and you are miles away , does it make a sound?

the tree never fell.

But you say you see the tree laying on the ground so it must have fallen down.

did you see it fall or do you just see its down ?

the tree never fell.

if you find a 100 dollar bill on the ground , did it fall out of someones walet ?

there is no walet and there is no someoene.

there is just the money on the ground.

how did the tree get on its side and how did the money get on the ground.

you put them there the instant you noticed them.

the truth comes first and the lie always comes after .

it was you and only you and is you who puts everything and everyone where they are when you first notice them . The story you tell yourself as to how and why and when things happened prior to the actual event of noticing is a lie if its anything other than , it was you who put them there the instant you noticed them , wheather you "know" it or not .

any explanation other than that, is a lie, as a lie always comes after the truth .

reality ( truth ) is your doing and only your doing. illusions ( lies ) are your doing and only your doing.

enjoy !! :):D:lol:

Taomaster+

But there is no "me" to put them "there"...

;)

• Like 1