Wells

Why do only very few Dzogchen practitioners attain rainbow body?

Any chance you could post a real usable link? I don't see anywhere to click out of that odd mobile mode...

WHO IN THE FUCKING HELL WOULD TALK ABOUT THEIR TEACHER ATTAINING.... SOMETHING.... ON FACEBOOK?!

It opens on iPad.

Must be an Apple thang.

That's all I could find.

Soreee.

:)

Threads like this one tend to start my sicko meter running.

Some sick fecks seem to get off by posting unpleasant images online.

Who in their right mind imagines that this sort of dreck has anything at all whatsoever to do with cultivation?

That whacky funster!

DW's probably the right place for this load of old bollocks.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I told that guy about all the Westerner students who I'm discussing with Dzogchen with on the dharmawheel forum who believe adamantly 100% that they will get Buddhahood either after death in bardo, after death in the pure lands or at least in their next 7 reincarnations because they are official students of an official lineage of an official teacher and got official transmission.

He laughed and said:

"Well, Dzogchen is called the Path of SELF-Liberation, isn't it...?"

Is your friend a Löpon who reads and translates Dzogchen tantras in Tibetan?

Dude,

I can tell you, If I was a Löpon, I'd wanted to help as many people as possible and therefore would pack any valuable information I know concerning practical training of Trekchö & Thogal into a book and sell it for an affordable cost.

Can this knowledge be misused somehow? I doubt it! So why do the masters don't set it free?

My point is that the 'westerner' from dharmawheel whose statements you are referencing is in fact a Löpon and is kindly relaying information he has acquired from translating Dzogchen tantras in their original language. While you of course do not have to believe the things he says just because of his title, you could surely take his statements into consideration and give him the benefit of the doubt. Or at least attempt to do some research on the information provided before running over to another forum and scoffing. You seem to be under the impression that some of the individuals you are interacting with don't know what they are talking about, or that they are involved with fabricating whimsical information, but this is not the case.

As for your affordable book... now it is my turn to say 'no comment'.

Edited by asunthatneversets

I discussed with several individuals at dharmawheel.

Who are you referring to?

There is really only one forummer who specifically mentioned the topics you referenced in your post above: "Westerner students who I'm discussing with Dzogchen with on the dharmawheel forum who believe adamantly 100% that they will get Buddhahood either after death in bardo, after death in the pure lands or at least in their next 7 reincarnations"

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17097&start=20#p247178

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17097&start=40#p247328

Edited by asunthatneversets

Dude,

I can tell you, If I was a Löpon, I'd wanted to help as many people as possible and therefore would pack any valuable information I know concerning practical training of Trekchö & Thogal into a book and sell it for an affordable cost.

Can this knowledge be misused somehow? I doubt it! So why do the masters don't set it free?

Zoom,

There are books out there about the practices of trecko and togal.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Main-Dzogchen-Practices-Transmission/dp/B0076WSCJQ

http://www.amazon.com/Meditation-Clear-Light-Transmission-Perfection/dp/B0076WQZ8Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1405795366&sr=1-4&keywords=The+meditation+on+the+clear+light

Also, Heart Drops of Dharmakaya is related as well..

But, you really should be a seasoned meditator, able to achieve stability and see visions before you jump in. It's like taking swimming lessons. First you start at the beginners level at the shallow end of the pool. As you progress, you advance to intermediate, then seniors. If you are a natural born swimmer, then jump into the deep end right away. If not, you will surely drown.

I would also suggest a little humility in your posts. You come across like a young naive beginner whom has just discovered a pot of honey. People won't want to help you if you persist like that. I would suggest spending a few years in meditation, watching your thoughts. You will learn how ridiculous most of them are...

This was rude and a personal attack.

Your luck that I'm not the guy who is easily butt-hurt and reports any of these kinds of posts directly to the mods.

Btw, this post of yours says more about your personality development than mine.

The part of the quote you underlined is an accurate description of what anyone who watches their thoughts a lot finds. It's a pretty universally reported thing, and TI's advice to work through the crap (we all have some - me, you, TI, everyone) for a few years before worrying about tekchö is good IMHO.

I have "Heart Drops..." and paged yesterday through the other two books you linked to.

If there is any valuable practice information on Trekchö or Thögal contained in your opinion,

feel free to quote.

See visions...?

This was rude and a personal attack.

Your luck that I'm not the guy who is easily butt-hurt and reports any of these kinds of posts directly to the mods.

Btw, this post of yours says more about your personality development than mine.

I mean, I agree with TI you do come off as a bit ill informed and reckless with these teachings.

And quoting man ngag sde practices in a public forum is a good way to ensure that you corrupt any transmission you might already have or compromise your chances of receiving any.

You seem to be enthralled by the idea of the rainbow body, even citing it as an interest next to your avatar image... yet your conduct is the total opposite of anything which would even remotely resemble behavior conducive to the type required for practices associated with liberation of that caliber.

You are shooting yourself in the foot and it appears you don't even know it. Which is unfortunate.

But hey, you asked why so few yogis attain liberation, let alone 'rainbow body'... hate to say it but you don't need to look past the tip of your nose for that answer.

Why this here?

The exact same debate is happening on DW with all the usual suspects involved over there plus you guys who are then simply re-posting the 'highlights' from DW onto TTB.

Do you perhaps think that duplication somehow lends credence?

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Do you feel mentally liberated compared to before you began with Dzogchen...?

Me? Really? see above...

Do I feel mentally liberated? I'm not sure what that means, but in comparing my present mental condition to how it was prior to my involvement with the teachings, yes there is a great difference.

So basically this thread is spam and chiefly consists of MPG just talking to himself.

Boy, is my face red!

I'm gone.

Edited by GrandmasterP

So basically this thread is spam and chiefly consists of MPG just talking to himself.

Boy, is my face red!

I'm gone.

Are you saying that MPG is Zoom?

More Pie Guy?

Are you saying that MPG is Zoom?

More Pie Guy?

Zoom is Dorian Black.

After he came back from suspension he effected a name change.

Let's move on...

• Like 1

All those TTBers who spent some time here, then one day just never returned or logged in again.... I wonder....

;).

• Like 1

All those TTBers who spent some time here, then one day just never returned or logged in again.... I wonder....

;).

Is it possible to delete user account here?

Edited by allinone