Sign in to follow this  
SecretGrotto

Wanted: Jerry Alan Johnson Books

Really looking for some of Jerry Alan Johnson's books:

Daoist Internal Alchemy: Nei Gong & Wei Gong Training

Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy - Vol. 1

Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy - Vol. 2

I would like to buy if possible for long-term study, but I'm on a budget. Maybe you are running out of shelf-space, and then we could help each other out ^_^ Please let me know, thanks.

• Like 1

Really looking for some of Jerry Alan Johnson's books:

Daoist Internal Alchemy: Nei Gong & Wei Gong Training

Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy - Vol. 1

Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy - Vol. 2

I would like to buy if possible for long-term study, but I'm on a budget. Maybe you are running out of shelf-space, and then we could help each other out ^_^ Please let me know, thanks.

These three are exactly what I have out of JAJ colection ...

Recomend them all ... ;)

• Like 1

What i've understood having trained with a school in the JAJ lineage is that these books are very interesting. However as practical instruction manuals they won't get you very far as a great deal is left out. They were intended as textbooks for people on live courses. Also word is out that they are about to be completely re-written to now include information on shamanism- which is a large part of medical qigong that is somewhat played down.

Edited by simonpi
  • Like 2

That's fair comment and relevant to most 'how to' cultivation books.

They'll only take you so far.

A teacher is more or less essential.

Dr J's books are outstanding but the 'training manual' ones are very expensive and do presume that the user is also undertaking the training, coaching and mentoring via Dr J or one of his licensed teachers.

You could obtain Dr J's books ( or any other ISBN text) on inter library loan via an academic ( university) library if you have access to one of those.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this