GrandmasterP

If 'astral travel' works; how come it's not on TripAdvisor?

Are we astral traveling to an astral plane?

Or astral traveling to an astral analog of the physical plane?

How can I astral travel with the same success rate that I have when I hop on a plane and go somewhere?

How do I prove I actually went on a real trip?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

How can I astral travel with the same success rate that I have when I hop on a plane and go somewhere?

What I will do is travel to a store I have never been to (but seen the outside of so I know where I'm going). I will make note of how it is setup and some items there. Then I will go there in person the next day to compare.

Also astral meetings with others, then compare what happened afterwards.

• Like 5

What I will do is travel to a store I have never been to (but seen the outside of so I know where I'm going). I will make note of how it is setup and some items there. Then I will go there in person the next day to compare.

Also astral meetings with others, then compare what happened afterwards.

I've personally never had much success with this :(

• Like 2

I've personally never had much success with this :(

.... more circle walking....

Just kidding, I mean more projection practice :). Also don't project on the astral for what I'm talking about, go more denser and onto the physical ;).

• Like 1

.... more circle walking....

Just kidding, I mean more projection practice :). Also don't project on the astral for what I'm talking about, go more denser and onto the physical ;).

How do you control where you project?

I just do my usual projection dance, and I wind up where I wind up.

• Like 1

I just flap my wings and I get there after a litlle while.

• Like 1

Yeah but ... with the store thing '

@ 4.40

On a serious note.

Seems to me that Astral travel should be easy to prove, yet looking on the internet and at books, I can't find the evidence. I believe it real, hope it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a study?

I'm looking for proof beyond anecdotal. Just a person being able to repeatedly name a sign or object in another room after going astral.

Where we go varies, it could be an astral, mental, or etheric plane, or one of a few others. It could also be within ourselves (always fun, since if you go deep enough into yourself you end up coming out into whatever plane you wish, and I mean above and beyond your own constructs and self).

Some of them are analogues to the physical, some of them actually *are* the physical plane (though this takes a special sort of talent to be any good at it, from what I have seen).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

How do you control where you project?

How I do it is... walk there, fly there, or will myself there.

I find it similar to a lucid dream actually. You know how you sort of "wake up" in the dream and start to be in "control" of the dream and can do things consciously? With AP, you can also "wake up" and decide how it is going to go. The other option is to go a bit less deep in the altered state that you use with your AP practice.

Yeah but ... with the store thing '

@ 4.40

Some folks end up returning with something from their AP actually... very very rare, but say once or twice in your lifetime sort of thing :). (also folks who have been doing this longer or have more natural talent, than me lol)

On a serious note.

Seems to me that Astral travel should be easy to prove, yet looking on the internet and at books, I can't find the evidence. I believe it real, hope it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a study?

I'm looking for proof beyond anecdotal. Just a person being able to repeatedly name a sign or object in another room after going astral.

What you are likely referring to is not on the astral plane, but travel on the physical or really close to the physical, where you can compare it with physical checks afterwards.

However the astral plane in particular warps and shifts a lot, and as most people with experience in it say that it really does deceive. Many experienced folks say that it is not something which people should put to much focus on; it is more like just going on a nice vacation or something, than coming up with anything useful. It is interesting and fun to explore, but not very practical. Though what many magical orders or lodges will do is have group workings where they all AP together, and come back and compare their written down experiences (write them down first so there isn't suggestion). Also what many will do is explore a particular are, then compare their experiences with that written down of the so called masters of that particular path/AP/area they went. (never read the description before as that puts suggestions in, imo).

Prove it? We haven't even proven qi exists yet to the population at large! lol

Btw, if this was in Hermetic you might get more replies, on that path pretty much everyone APs, or at least tries their best to...

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1

I got into cultivation in the first place because of this kind of thing.

I was a staunch atheist, yet while trying an astral projection meditation I came across on YouTube (literally laughing at how stupid I thought people who believe that sort of thing are) solely out of boredom, I had a very strong sensation of my astral body attempting to rise out of the physical body. I aborted the experience out of fear before I managed to get anywhere.

Obviously not a placebo: maybe if it had merely happened unexpectedly or with drugs or something I could have thought that it was some idea of OBE from my subconscious playing around, but this was actively against my expectations and entire view of life, while I was awake and in a normal state of consciousness.

Some would say that the experience of astral projection is just from mixed up proprioception signals in the brain, but that doesn't explain why my tactile experience (vibrating, etc) perfectly matched what everyone into OBEs describes, without me so much as hearing in passing about that before.

So suddenly my certainty about atheism and materialism was shattered. Really life-changing. I got into a new-agey phase for a year or so, while I went through the disorientating process of trying to learn about the different POV's out there and get a new one of my own. During that time I tried to astral project, but never had real success.

By the end of the new-agey phase I was turning towards the Buddhist POV, and soon stopped trying to project because I saw it as completely irrelevant to enlightenment.

Now I still don't consider it a high priority, but I'm not so dogmatic as to call it a complete waste of time - it would probably be useful for insight into the nature of rebirth, the flaws of heavenly planes, meeting great teachers and stuff.

Edited by Seeker of Tao
  • Like 7

On a serious note.

What you are likely referring to is not on the astral plane, but travel on the physical or really close to the physical, where you can compare it with physical checks afterwards.

However the astral plane in particular warps and shifts a lot, and as most people with experience in it say that it really does deceive. Many experienced folks say that it is not something which people should put to much focus on; it is more like just going on a nice vacation or something, than coming up with anything useful. It is interesting and fun to explore, but not very practical. Though what many magical orders or lodges will do is have group workings where they all AP together, and come back and compare their written down experiences (write them down first so there isn't suggestion). Also what many will do is explore a particular are, then compare their experiences with that written down of the so called masters of that particular path/AP/area they went. (never read the description before as that puts suggestions in, imo).

Prove it? We haven't even proven qi exists yet to the population at large! lol

I am of a similar mindset. In such setups as illustrated above, it should be easy to prove.

1) Establish 2 people have no physical way of communicating with each other

2) Have them do their AP

3) Compare notes later

Further methods and procedures can be implemented to ensure the researchers performing the experiment are in line.

If this is such a prevalent practice, there should be a large enough talent pool. Assuming people actually WANT to prove it.

How I do it is... walk there, fly there, or will myself there.

I find it similar to a lucid dream actually. You know how you sort of "wake up" in the dream and start to be in "control" of the dream and can do things consciously? With AP, you can also "wake up" and decide how it is going to go. The other option is to go a bit less deep in the altered state that you use with your AP practice.

In my experience control varies. Different LDs/Projections have different degrees of vividness and control. Sometimes willing takes me someplace instantly or performs a change. Sometimes the experience is literally akin to running into a brick wall. I haven't found any way to "train" to "better control" these states. Sometimes I'm in a state I can control, sometimes I'm not.

Regarding various levels, I do believe I've been able to get into what Robert Bruce writes is the "Real Time Zone". Of course, due to the "changing nature of the astral" it makes it pretty much useless for verifying anything physical.

Which is disappointing, because there's a lot of cool things which could be done if you could verify things on the physical.

• Like 2

Cool information SZ

I respect and enjoy the works of Rawn Clark. At one time in a Q & A on his website, now erased, he mentioned he'd set up an astral meeting place for himself and a few high level hermetic practitioners. They'd discuss things there and occasionally talk afterwards on the phone to double check there notes. Do I believe it? Yeah, I do, cause I highly respect Mr. Clark.

Is that in any way evidence? No, not at all. Its anecdote. Michael Winn talks about setting up a dream school flying classes. Probably did too, still it'd be nice to have the phenomena so well proved and documented that it causes a paradigm shift in societies views of consciousness.

• Like 1

Such approach you don't really go to the physical physical. You get to some sort of blueprint of the physical. There are bound to be different between physical physical and the blueprint of the physical. This caused discrepancies.

Second is your state of mind, emotion, thoughts creates instantly or near instantly. That induce error too.

• Like 1

I've done meet on the astral rituals with others, they were fun :). You just have to have a symbol, or place or something, so you all know where to meet.

• Like 1

I've done meet on the astral rituals with others, they were fun :). You just have to have a symbol, or place or something, so you all know where to meet.

Mucho cool.

• Like 1

Cool information SZ

I respect and enjoy the works of Rawn Clark. At one time in a Q & A on his website, now erased, he mentioned he'd set up an astral meeting place for himself and a few high level hermetic practitioners. They'd discuss things there and occasionally talk afterwards on the phone to double check there notes. Do I believe it? Yeah, I do, cause I highly respect Mr. Clark.

Is that in any way evidence? No, not at all. Its anecdote. Michael Winn talks about setting up a dream school flying classes. Probably did too, still it'd be nice to have the phenomena so well proved and documented that it causes a paradigm shift in societies views of consciousness.

I'm of a similar opinion.

I totally believe it happens and that people do it.

Has it been scientifically documented to the point that it can be brought reliably to the public? No.

But that's a whole different discussion that I've been in too many times.

Such approach you don't really go to the physical physical. You get to some sort of blueprint of the physical. There are bound to be different between physical physical and the blueprint of the physical. This caused discrepancies.

Second is your state of mind, emotion, thoughts creates instantly or near instantly. That induce error too.

Yeah, but see that kind of puts it at odds with the whole "hey you can verify your experience!" thing...

For instance, some people suggest taking something like a playing card. Shuffle a deck randomly and put a card out of your line of sight. Then astral project, find the card, see what it is, then come back to body and verify it.

I've attempted that experiment multiple times, and each time not only does the layout of the room shift, but so too does the card itself!

Maybe it's too small an "entity," maybe my focus isn't refined enough? But as soon as I turn my awareness and focus it on the card, the card itself shifts right before my eyes :wacko:

• Like 1