Sign in to follow this  
Silent Answers

Water

I drink my tap water, which comes from our well which is very deep. We live on top of a mountain, so its very pure. Its very hard water loaded with minerals. It has a unique quality, where you might not think you're thirsty, but you take a sip and then you end up gulping down the whole glass. Not because it tastes amazing, but because of something else. Probably all the minerals act as electrolytes, helping to hydrate you. Kind of like gatorade except natural.

If water can have properties according to TCM, this water should be cool in nature since it comes from deep underground. It does seem to have this property. I can't drink it in the winter at room temperature; its too cooling. I feel like it has to be warm or hot to drink in the winter.

As far as bottled water, it all tastes like plastic to me, and city water always tastes like chlorine. I like good well water right out of the faucet.

Guest munky

I drink water from the faucet of my undersink aquasana filter. Tap water here isnt too bad, but like all there is still the contaminants and chlorine. The filter also gets rid of 40% of fluoride it says on the site.

Then i use a steel water bottle but it has a plastic lid so i dont fill to the top and keep it upright in my bag. (though i cant say it always stays upright).

Mine has an all plastic lid...

Hm yeah i also heard kleen kanteen was good because there was metal interior in the plastic lid. Do they sell those anymore? I checked the shops and could only find the all plastic sports cap and completely stainless steel caps that you had to buy separately.
I didnt think they could just come with the bottle. Think the wide caps had metal on the inside though, but may not have been for the whole of the interior. Though ill still consider buying the metal caps next time anyway.

Edited by munky

it's hard to tell, but it looks like these have metal lids. I'd want to ask, or see one in person before buying one.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but I think I have one of these. Mine has...actually a plastic lid, but otherwise it's some sort of enamel outside over a metal body with a lining of clay inside. Bought it in China...and I've wondered how exactly they get the clay to coat so uniformly on the inside, and stay in place so well. I'm guessing there's a chemical added in the mix somewhere.

It's always been too low capacity for me to really make much use of it anyway.

edit: details say materials for the glass mugs are glass and steel. Doesn't mention plastic but I'd still want to hold one in my hands before committing.

Edited by i am
  • Like 1

Thermos® has a good range of glass vacuum-insulated beverage bottles. Different capacities.

Not sure what material for the cap.

If water can have properties according to TCM

Apparently the Ben Cao Gang Mu goes into detail about many types of water. Here's an example, just for fun.

Pretty sure all Thermos lids are plastic, at least the ones that allow you to pour without taking the lid off. I don't think it would be cost effective for them to figure out that opening and closing pour contraption in any material other than plastic.

Ah, gotta love these first world problems. :)

• Like 1

I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

This summer I was served this water at a restaurant. The taste was really great. Smooth, slightly similar to Evian, but way better. Have you heard of it or had it? It is from Wales.

http://www.llanllyrwater.com/httpdocs/

"llanllyr SOURCE is one of the world's premium quality bottled waters. It comes from our sources beneath certified organic fields in west Wales in the UK."

Ooo... a new one! Thanks, RV!! Must try and get my hand on samples. Sounds really good. ;)

My friends, those who drink nothing but Willow, swear it has curative properties.

Probably from the presence of salacin in the water.

• Like 1

Best water ever, the spring water in the Albanian mountains :). There is so much of it pouring out that folks wash their cars in it. Really. Please don't tell the bottled water companies though, thanks.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone drinks tapwater anymore? Let it sit for a bit to get rid of the chlorine. We are lucky here because there is no fluoride. Some places in the US have a law where untreated water must be offered, so you can find spring water taps for the public to use in some counties :). Here there are places you can go collect spring water as well, but not as fancy of a setup as in the USA.

The tap water in california is pretty scary though, not sure what they add to it, but it made me ill.

I drink tap water. We do have a filter it goes through first, but it's tap water. The last place I lived, I just put it through a Britta before drinking. And a lot of my friends just drink their water right out of the tap without even a Britta.

Sign in to follow this