mike 134

long term kundalini side effects

Hey does anybody know what happens to your body in the long term after you get an acute episode of kundalini syndrome ??? I'm talking like 5, 10, 15+ years down the line.

I am very worried about brain damage. I know that people with bipolar disorder suffer from progressive brain damage with every manic episode, and the more episodes they have in life the worse their brains appear on autopsy (don't remember the exact study, sorry).

I'm also concerned about endocrine problems. I used to think that kundalini only involves the brain and CNS, but surely with every episode the cortisol (stress hormone) levels go through the roof. It also messed with my libido (probably testosterone derangement). Am I due for thyroid problems, diabetes, weight gain, and hair loss later in life ???

I am in my late 30s and I have mine around 18. My experiences were physically ok. No blockage or anything but mentally? Hahahahah....it took a while to realign myself. Is like you know your world you are living in isn't real. Due to the constraints imposed on you by the nature of Samsara, you are forced to play along. I did that. Got a job and earning a living. I left my long time job few years ago. Is like I have wasted my time doing that, playing along in the world of Samsara. Now, I am determined to break free psychically and mentally but is hard. I am not rich and don't have a lot of money and can't be in places where I think I would be happier. I find my refuge in my nightly meditation. My mind is passionately drawn to world, international events. To the point that I dream of them. Physically, I am healthy and engaged in endurance sports. No illnesses. I am not preoccupied by my sex drive.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 2

Forgot to ask that why are you preoccupied with your physical conditions? I ask because I am more affected mentally by the experience than physically. Also, if the experience has been going according to plan, that should open up your chi channels and to allow you to complete the microcosmic orbit. This means that the energy would also rejuvenate your body.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

Screwed up adrenals and all they do. (in at least some cases anyways)

Yup, that's a very significant part of it.

General integration becomes more... critical, also. Both:

- "centering": integrating into the center (central channel) skillfully, (at each major center)

- "vertical integration": integrating the 'heavy' (earth) and 'lofty' (sky) through the human body

I went through K.awakening in '88. In all that time before and since, Sifu Matsuo's system is, ime&o, the best (most accessible + effective) I've found to integrate either in preparation or post-K.awakening.

• Like 1

Posted Today, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Hey does anybody know what happens to your body in the long term after you get an acute episode of kundalini syndrome ??? I'm talking like 5, 10, 15+ years down the line.

I am very worried about brain damage. I know that people with bipolar disorder suffer from progressive brain damage with every manic episode, and the more episodes they have in life the worse their brains appear on autopsy (don't remember the exact study, sorry).

I'm also concerned about endocrine problems. I used to think that kundalini only involves the brain and CNS, but surely with every episode the cortisol (stress hormone) levels go through the roof. It also messed with my libido (probably testosterone derangement). Am I due for thyroid problems, diabetes, weight gain, and hair loss later in life ???

End Of Quote

I have done quite a bit of healing work on people who naturally had a kundalini problems and it nearly always required calming the adrenals and the kundalini channel. In most cases the 3rd chakra was overcompensating trying to get a handle on the energy and this was causing the rest to ignite. The third chakra will try to increase its energy distribution levels to overcome and control this energy, in doing this it ups everything eventually leaving a sort of speedy tiredness in the body and a whole host of hard to diagnose problems.

A cooling blue energy brought into your space can do wonders and probably a good Chinese medical person.

Our body will sometimes do the opposite of what is needed to fix itself because one center locks up in the wrong direction or we effect an incorrect direction because we will it that way.

An example is trying to stay awake when we are tired. We only have a modicum of energy so we try to amp up our system - which may work for a bit, but generally we crank up our third chakra and try to distribute more energy generally to all parts of our body to make us feel more real and awake. We could on the other hand turn down most functions and direct a stream of energy to the brain

And eyes.

First and foremost the typical problem with kundalini related problems is one of turning down things and removing a sort of panic from your space. You will also suffer from "dryness" in your space and possibly sweating.

Qi gong or yoga can be very helpful with a moderate approach to any breathing techniques. Diet will be a key factor as well.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

If you keep playing sex games as you noted several times already through out the past year, your Jing will deplete.

Jing is per the kidneys, which work with adrenals.

Adrenal fatigue will mess you up, and then your whole endocrine system falls out of alignment.

Reverse the MCO.

As a last resort, practice Kunlun.

Even though it is Yang, it magnetizes at the Niwan, and overall- is YinGong- which cools.

Edited by skydog

Diet will be a key factor as well.

fo ti herb is amazing

Yup, nourishment (diet, herbs).

Kundalini is very refined, expansive, wrathful, very "yang". As such, it has the danger of burning out "yin" (the substantial aspects of the body, mentioned before as adrenal fatigue). Diet, herbs, being careful not to burn yourself out otherwise, all important.

Also integrating your lower and higher natures becomes more critical as there is so much yang (sky) that it can exacerbate the partial earth / sky separation that normal people deal with anyways. Bagua qigong is one way to do that, but there are ... many methods.

Gradually, skillfully opening *all* of the channels: important. Acupuncture, acupressure, body work, etc etc. Gradually, skillfully. (Hard to find a really good doctor of oriental medicine, ime, but hugely helpful in the long run... ones that have been influenced by Kiiko Matsumoto and/or Jeffrey Yuen, big plus.)

Then there's dealing with all the gradual psychic changes. Makes you kind of a social oddity so there are social challenges... and on n' on.

• Like 4

If you are having a breathing problem, then, you will have all kinds of chronic problems.

• Like 1

Yup, that's a very significant part of it.

General integration becomes more... critical, also. Both:

- "centering": integrating into the center (central channel) skillfully, (at each major center)

- "vertical integration": integrating the 'heavy' (earth) and 'lofty' (sky) through the human body

I went through K.awakening in '88. In all that time before and since, Sifu Matsuo's system is, ime&o, the best (most accessible + effective) I've found to integrate either in preparation or post-K.awakening.

Sorry for off topic ...

Trunk, do you learn sifu M. system trough DVD-s only or take personal instructions also?

What is the "red" line or structure of this system?

Peace, Jox :)

Trunk, do you learn sifu M. system trough DVD-s only or take personal instructions also?

What is the "red" line or structure of this system?

I found out about Sifu Matsuo through Zerostao here at TTBs in early 2011. I've never met Sifu Matsuo in-person, but I asked and was received on board as a student in fall of 2011. There is some e-mail dialogue, of varied frequency (of course he has a number of other students and various projects in his life) ... I do feel a student~teacher~lineage connection. For me, the outward instruction vehicle of method is mainly through DVD, and I find that it's sufficient to produce very satisfying results. I have responsibilities and life-projects that keep me at home; no Hawaii trips for me at least for a long while.

I don't know what the "red" line means, but the system is structured around bagua, yet includes a number of modalities... yet the various methods all weave into a single body, all align along principles, is my sense of it. The links in my signature tell more (+ youtube videos etc).

Sorry for off topic ...

If we yap too much, or at OP's request, we could split it off.

... but the above covers a lot.

- Trunk

• Like 1

I found out about Sifu Matsuo through Zerostao here at TTBs in early 2011. I've never met Sifu Matsuo in-person, but I asked and was received on board as a student in fall of 2011. There is some e-mail dialogue, of varied frequency (of course he has a number of other students and various projects in his life) ... I do feel a student~teacher~lineage connection. For me, the outward instruction vehicle of method is mainly through DVD, and I find that it's sufficient to produce very satisfying results. I have responsibilities and life-projects that keep me at home; no Hawaii trips for me at least for a long while.

I don't know what the "red" line means, but the system is structured around bagua, yet includes a number of modalities... yet the various methods all weave into a single body, all align along principles, is my sense of it. The links in my signature tell more (+ youtube videos etc).

If we yap too much, or at OP's request, we could split it off.

... but the above covers a lot.

- Trunk

Thank you for your answer ... seems many do well with DVD materials ... despite here on TTB - s is a lot of those who says opposite and dont recommend to do so ...

With red line I thought where you begin first and then go trough ... a - b - c ... ##--->

Jox :)

Edited by Jox

With red line I thought where you begin first and then go trough ... a - b - c ... ##--->

Sifu Matsuo has many DVDs and no written sequence (that I've seen), which inspired this thread. ;)

• Like 1

I am suffering from something like this but not sure it is kundalini, more like open crown meets body which then causes inflammation and increases cortisol.

When cortisol starts up high level functions in the brain shut down and you start acting like a machine.

This can be very difficult for others to understand unless one have tried this.