Then King Solomon went and summoned many demons to build his temple for him :).

< sits back at the end of the day ...puts feet up ... cracks another jug of wine .... surveys the temple 'he' built while sun sets in the back ground >

"Ahhhh ! "

(But dont think about the retards that will come after you and wreck and abuse your good work { one of Solomon's complaints } .... you might slip into vanity ;) )

The joy is in the moment, the execution of the work, and the satisfaction it bought afterwards ... thats it !

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/02/a-mandala-in-minutes/ (Tibetan sand painting )

not to be confused with

Edited by Nungali

I don't necessarily agree with all of what is written above about it, most especially the offsite links.

Okay, but it does seem connected to 'us' so how is it not part of our psyche ... what do you think it is? Some type of ... entity, spirit, existence ... outside of the human psyche ?

I was referring mostly to what Seth seems to be describing .... he seems to connect it with the psyche.

Okay, but it does seem connected to 'us' so how is it not part of our psyche ... what do you think it is? Some type of ... entity, spirit, existence ... outside of the human psyche ?

I was referring mostly to what Seth seems to be describing .... he seems to connect it with the psyche.

Oh I definitely see it as part of ourselves, just not part of our mental construct, or even deep mental construct. Human, not necessarily. I'm just offering a slightly different perspective. I say slightly different since to me most of what Seth described seems exactly the same.

• Like 2

Hmmm, since we are talking about traditional practices, how about the Deities of traditional witchcraft? I have always found this aspect quite interesting (and I don't mean Gaia and Pan ;) )

• Like 1

Oh I definitely see it as part of ourselves, just not part of our mental construct, or even deep mental construct. Human, not necessarily. I'm just offering a slightly different perspective. I say slightly different since to me most of what Seth described seems exactly the same.

I see ... I think .... must be a variant understanding of 'psyche' we have. Do you mean it has a 'reality' beyond our mental constructs ? And that it is not specifically and only part of the human makeup ? I would go along with that.

We see it as part of us in one manner yet as having its own intelligence. It works as a protective spirit, often without us consciously needing to understand or know what is going on. In other words 'It just does stuff' yet we can call it, ride it, fly out as it....

I like that 'just not part of our mental construct' :)

I'm curious if you folks feel that everyone has one, or just some folks?

Think they get some mundanes into trouble?

I'm curious if you folks feel that everyone has one, or just some folks?

Think they get some mundanes into trouble?

Oh yeah!

Some of em totally out of control and morphed into .... well ... I am thinking of a shaman woman I know ( an Amerindian one) who recently healed someone by removing a 'spirit weasel ' that had been gnawing on internal organs.

Edited by Nungali

Oh yeah!

Some of em totally out of control and morphed into .... well ... I am thinking of a shaman woman I know ( an Amerindian one) who recently healed someone by removing a 'spirit weasel ' that had been gnawing on internal organs.

I see those as something entirely different. Ugh, removing that stuff, ugh. Or in this case do you mean it came in/her with the person? I have never seen any like that, just ones that join in later. Ugh.

• Like 2

I'm for keeping the traditional stuff secret and out of books.

I have a few reasons for this. I mean aside from recipes handed down through families and lineages sort of reasoning.

1. The lady in a small town who we saw from time to time, who would get possessed by dead folks on the odd occasion from messing around far too much with such things. Well one evening it all got the better of her and she committed suicide while in the possessed state. Yes actual spirits, no not just crazy only.

2. The magicians who while cursing do it irresponsibly and without enough experience who fuck up an entire neighborhood, older people, babies and so forth, because they got their hands on some legit info somehow.

3. The practitioners who go insane from working with things they can't deal with.

4. Yes some are smart/dumb enough to take lighter or neutral workings and use the info for very dark workings.

5. Teenagers read magic books and go on the internet too.

I might come up with a few more later....

Ohh touchy subject...

It causes quite some contention in theTW communities.

Some very inclusive people just say yes, but we lean towards this idea of active soul and active spirit. Everyone has soul and spirit, but only the Witch (or shaman, mystic, mage...) has 'active' soul {Fetch} and 'active' spirit, {Daemonic fire}.

Not saying that a person who does not have 'active' soul and spirit will always be like this, but who knows?

The idea that only some have received fire, have it in the blood, and so on is not always popular. But it does seem that not everyone is 'driven' to pursue these arts, not everyone is 'chosen' by the spirits, and there are people out there who just seem to have zero aptitude for magic.

I think that you need both, to have the natural fetch (and that not all do) and to do some form of practice, or have some pretty odd/intense experience to.... awaken? it. Though I have to say, I could be wrong on this, and it's likely that you know way more than I about such things. Definitely an interesting thread. Also interesting is that the TW community actually talks about it! (I hope not too much though)

We see it as part of us in one manner yet as having its own intelligence. It works as a protective spirit, often without us consciously needing to understand or know what is going on. In other words 'It just does stuff' yet we can call it, ride it, fly out as it....

I like that 'just not part of our mental construct' :)

Thats the thing ... sometimes they can just autonomously go about their work ... especially as a guardian. I have had a few instances where 'intruders' have been repelled ( have strong bird and snake 'totems') even when I haven't known about it or been aware of what was going on .... both on the physical plane and not physical plane ; one, a snoopy astral traveller, that eventually told me she can never penetrate my space (that included the back garden temple and associated areas, the gardens and surrounding fields) another who came here physically to cause trouble, they ended up being caught in a swarm of various black and white birds (physically) that chased them as they ran off down the driveway ... I had no idea or intent about that happening. Then there is 'my little friend' that seems to pace the perimeter ... I keep forgetting about that one ... until someone turns up with a dog .... they really go off!

But perhaps I am looking more at totems and 'familiar spirits' ? They may not be the same thing. I feel they are separate, but also very much part of me. They also seem 'species connected' as well (the ones that are like real animals ... my 'boundary rider' isnt like any animal I know of anywhere ). When I travel, the ravens appear in front of me, and 150 km away, they appear to my friend and tell him I am coming ... they cant be the same ravens ... but in a way, they are all the same Raven.

Same with said friend ... he is a Gurran man ... possum dreaming ... he seems to be able to 'get awareness' through , not just a possum, but possums. (I think I wrote about that before here somewhere ; we are sitting in his camp, a woman turns up and says that between town and there she nearly ran over some possums on the road - one ran out across the road and she started to stop the car, another one runs out and acts weird on the road and then continues so she takes off but then some little possoms scurried across the road and she nearly ran over them. Uncle Lewie goes .... didnt the 2nd possum stand up and hold his paw up to you. And she looks incredulous and goes "How on earth can you know that ? "

He goes ; "That 2nd possum was me, I was saying stop, there are some kids coming." ... well, I had been with him all afternoon and nothing seemed different ... I dont know what to make of that. :unsure:

But I seem to be able to send him a message by giving it to the possum here <shrug> .

That UFOgirl / GF had the strangest effect on dogs , they would do the craziest things around her, she could get them to do all sorts of weird stuff, even 'stranger dogs' just by a gesture ... we went to the zoo once and went by the African wild dog enclosure ... they went nuts at her! all came down to the fence , followed her along the fenceline and stood at the corner when she left and started howling after her ... all of them ... for ages .... we could hear them in the background all the rest of the zoo trip :unsure: .... twice, when stopped while I was driving, dogs tried to leap though the car passenger front window to get to her, one ended up on her lap .... weird !

• Like 1

I see those as something entirely different. Ugh, removing that stuff, ugh. Or in this case do you mean it came in/her with the person? I have never seen any like that, just ones that join in later. Ugh.

Ummm ... yeah ... I restrained myself from describing those big sluggy leech like back of the neck suckers ... ugh indeed.

(How come one cant even find those very long handles tools for the job on the internet anymore - they used to come up if you typed in 'Tibetan demon queller set' , when I sold Tibetan stuff, my supplier had some amazing sets of them! - knife, tongs, scraper, phurba, bell, dorje, all very ornate and jeweled and on very long handles, I have only seen one painting of them in use; a group of monks had them and were surrounding a demon, one had the large tongs around the demons waist, another had smaller tongs holding his mouth open, while a third was holding rolled up sutras in another object and shoving them down the demons throat, other monks were holding the shafts of their weapons and sticking them at him { all from a distance - hence the very long handles} ; bell dorje etc. - But now they seem to have disappeared from the market ? )

yes, you may be right, the could be 'accretions'

• Like 1

Ummm ... yeah ... I restrained myself from describing those big sluggy leech like back of the neck suckers ... ugh indeed.

(How come one cant even find those very long handles tools for the job on the internet anymore - they used to come up if you typed in 'Tibetan demon queller set' , when I sold Tibetan stuff, my supplier had some amazing sets of them! - knife, tongs, scraper, phurba, bell, dorje, all very ornate and jeweled and on very long handles, I have only seen one painting of them in use; a group of monks had them and were surrounding a demon, one had the large tongs around the demons waist, another had smaller tongs holding his mouth open, while a third was holding rolled up sutras in another object and shoving them down the demons throat, other monks were holding the shafts of their weapons and sticking them at him { all from a distance - hence the very long handles} ; bell dorje etc. - But now they seem to have disappeared from the market ? )

yes, you may be right, the could be 'accretions'

Those sound handy! Have any images?

How about a modern DIY version? :Dhttp://www.amazon.com/Unger-92134-36-Inch-Pick-Up-Aluminum/dp/B0000V0AGS

That's really interesting. What sort of practice does Fetch mastery actually involve? Are there particular rituals, etc, which can be used?

How can someone negotiate the difference between a Fetch mastery lifestyle and a 'I'm just gonna be decadant and selfish and not give a f***' lifestyle of instant gratification? I can imagine people getting that wrong.

And then, what does letting the Daemonic Fire in actually involve, in terms of practices?

A teacher really helps with that, letting you know when you have your head planted firmly up your behind :D.

Its varied from tradition to tradition.

Most are kept secret, although there are some titles we use in place of the actual names, like 'Rose Queen' or 'Master'.

Then there are the saints or saint gloss' that we use to conceal the original spirit or deity.

I found these aspects quite surprising when I was comparing notes with a TW friend of mine (his teacher OKed it). Even more surprising is who some of the original Deities are! :)

Those sound handy! Have any images?

How about a modern DIY version? :Dhttp://www.amazon.com/Unger-92134-36-Inch-Pick-Up-Aluminum/dp/B0000V0AGS

No I cant even find an image on the internet ( edit prob) ... there used to be ...my suppliers had photos of the really expensive ones they didnt buy - back in Nepal ... they were abso fab! Beautiful to look at too !

Edited by Nungali

I found these aspects quite surprising when I was comparing notes with a TW friend of mine (his teacher OKed it). Even more surprising is who some of the original Deities are! :)

Well .... are you just going to cluck ?

Where is the egg ?