hagar

It took me 10 years

Q: Where does imagination end and reality begin?

A: A fish.

You, sir, must be very wise.

:)

• Like 2

Surrender is stepping backwards, as the old Zen proverb says, but you have to say something...

What nobody told me when I started this process is that what you end up with after all this doing is nothing.

h

Can you really complain? You started with nothing. You will die with nothing.

Edit: It would be awesome to have nothing. I can imagine all the possibilities.

Edited by dee
  • Like 2

I march beneath the white flag.
Ya want any top quality surrendering work ever doing then I'm your (married) man.

That is my fave comment so far.

Me too man!

Me too.

Amen.

Always bow to the dam.

But I ain't married no more.

Am I?

;)

xxx

• Like 1

what the world really needs is more storytellers.

there is more to do sittin' 'round the campfire than roasting weeners and marshmallows.

with our thoughts we make the world, someone said

edit> ten years, ok

if it takes a thousand years,,,ok

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

there is more to do sittin' 'round the campfire than roasting weeners and marshmallows.

edit> ten years, ok

leave marshmellows out of this. they are so damn delicious.

Yes.

I Do.

Desire.

Nuthin'.

For 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished.

Twin Union That Leaves No Trace.

;)

xxx

ps I don't like marshmallows. I do like marsh wiggles, like Puddleglum. I especially loved him.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 2

edit> ten years, ok

Only stories are such breaker of hearts.

• Like 1

Can you really complain? You started with nothing. You will die with nothing.

Edit: It would be awesome to have nothing. I can imagine all the possibilities.

talking from experience it´s actually painful to groove on that mystery. Maybe I just feel like you feel right after you have jumped off a building and then changed his mind.

• Like 3

talking from experience it´s actually painful to groove on that mystery. Maybe I just feel like you feel right after you have jumped off a building and then changed his mind.

Why is it painful? Dig deeper.

• Like 1

The Mego probably. It´s actually demotivating to not be "accomplished", but that is the dark side.

• Like 1

It´s actually demotivating to not be "accomplished", but that is the dark side.

Worthy of repeating. And very true although many will deny it.

• Like 1

"Basic awakening brings a final anti-climatic ending your journey as you knew it. You didn't become omniscient or all powerful, you didn't end up in permanent bliss or free from suffering, and you didn't end up in a merged state of oneness with all creation." Ric Weinman

Apparently it is common for such experience to create things like loss of motivation and depression, because all the old meanings and motivations are tied into your old ego identity, but over time apparently something deeper and more true emerges .

"..there can be a time gap between the letting go of the old and the emerging of the new. This is similar to what happens when a spouse dies, in that some period of time is needed for acceptance and integration before the person can move on" - Awakening through the veils book

• Like 5

The Mego probably. It´s actually demotivating to not be "accomplished", but that is the dark side.

Ouch!

Know what you mean man.

Up and then down.

First time I reckoned to have 'been there' right afterwards I was down in the dumps thinking...

" Well that was nice but this is shit."

Had to get back on the horse and just keep cultivating even though I did not feel like doing it at all.

That did the trick and eventually the penny dropped that it isn't the destination that matters, it's the journey.

Stick at it bro and the dark stuff falls away over time..

• Like 4

I think many people have come to this stage. I notice that in many modern circles, especially modern non-duality, this is seen as an end point or a final stage. I have also come across many older students in traditional spiritual settings who have come to such a stage as well. However, the world being as it is (without fixed points), there are no fixed points or final stages. The world is constantly in an ever present becoming, it is dynamic and always changing.

For me, what this tends to mark is a reorientation. It is an orientation away from trying to achieve, or trying to find, and toward allowing things to unfold. It marks an orientation away from wanting to things to be different to allow things to come as they are.

• Like 5

The dude. Pretty much always been the guy, the dude. No name, just gender. Go figure

• Like 2

The dude. Pretty much always been the guy, the dude. No name, just gender. Go figure

The Dude and The Zen Master....

http://sweepingzen.com/book-review-the-dude-and-the-zen-master/

"Reading their frictionless exchanges is like watching someone blow kisses at himself in the mirror."

( Unsympathetic reviewer).

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1