CloudHands

Low belly rumbling

Have you tried both?

Cultivating after eating and cultivating whilst fasting?

There's definitely a difference between those for me.

Hope you get an answer.

Best wishes to you for all success.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Yes I did both :)

Actually this comes when I concentrate on my LDT when exhaling, no matter I do chi qong or tai chi. It may come easier with an empty stomac, more space allowable I imagine.

This is the sound that comes with the feeling of it happening in the belly, not a sound alone. What physically happen is (my guess) gas and internal fluid melting.

I know I'm not the only one to experience that, just curious about other's experiences witit.

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 1

My LDT heats up when I meditate with both hands over it....but that's as close as I get to your experience.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

When I meditated with Michael Winn, he seemed to have a near constant gurgle going on. Its might be a good sign.

Yes. I played with whether concentration or breath was more important and for me I found concentration was more important if I want to get it to start in the first breath. Then I can settle in it and let it go on its own.

Now, if I could get it to drive my car and buy groceries then I would have more time to spend on doing nothing important :D

As we begin to practice methods, we tend to pay careful to the area we are focusing.

Over time we develop heightened sensitivity and notice all sorts of "new" things.

It is very easy to ascribe new observations to the method we are training and convince ourselves that something special is happening (whether that be positive or negative).

One may call it hunger, another may call it Qi, still others may call it demonic possession.

My advice is to avoid the labeling and avoid creating or reinforcing the story of what you think is going on.

Allow experience to unfold as it will.

If the practice enhances your life, it is valuable.

Enjoy your practice.

• Like 6

As we begin to practice methods, we tend to pay careful to the area we are focusing.

Over time we develop heightened sensitivity and notice all sorts of "new" things.

It is very easy to ascribe new observations to the method we are training and convince ourselves that something special is happening (whether that be positive or negative).

One may call it hunger, another may call it Qi, still others may call it demonic possession.

My advice is to avoid the labeling and avoid creating or reinforcing the story of what you think is going on.

Allow experience to unfold as it will.

If the practice enhances your life, it is valuable.

Enjoy your practice.

That's probably why my teacher seems to say the less he can lol (cause you can't get it with the mind). And that's why I'm so ambivalent toward this forum.

So all in one you say understanding what's going on is useless, if it makes you live better. That's not what I call reasonable lol

But I get it.

Sometimes when I have received healing my stomach would grumble all the way through, I was told that as well as the relaxation putting your nervous system into parasympathetic mode which helps digestion also the healing helps you digest unprocessed emotions and undigested experiences which makes the stomach react in the same way.

• Like 2

In Luk's 2nd book

Q. During my meditation, I feel vibration in my belly, followed by hiccups
and farts. What does all this mean? Moreover, when my mind is still,
my cold hands and feet become warm and are wet with perspiration. Is this
a symptom of illness or a sign of effective meditation?
A. Vibrations in the belly with hiccuping and breaking wind show the
unhindered flow of the vital principle which causes your body and lmbs
to be hot and to perspire. All these are good signs of effective meditation.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

Bill Bodri says that:

If your jing is replenished there is no craving for sex,

If your qi is replenished there is no hunger sensation,

If your shen is replenished there is no need for sleep.

This is an old taoist saying, and according to my experience it is true.

But I noticed on youtube that Mantak Chia is burping a lot when he is doing qigong. Also I pass gas when I do sitting or standing meditation. Which is a good sign because that means the dantian is working, is burning inside and is drying the feces, but as anything else, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Sometimes is too much water, and the intestines have a hard time to absorb all that humidity, which means on the contrary that the digestive fire is too low.

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 2

When I meditate, often early on my nose runs, and my eyes tear up. I chalk it up to a deep relaxation response.

I yawn when I do practices. In general, I think you can't go wrong following the lead of the body. If your body is doing something when you meditate chances are it's for a reason. Lower belly rumbling is a good sign. If, later on, your belly stops rumbling that's also a good sign.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

Vata dosha (internal wind and nervous system energy) has its seat in the intestines and colon, so that explains the lower belly area rumbling. Internal practices specifically alter the internal energy flows of the nervous system. I think if there is gas it means excess or disturbed vata...this is very common even for people who don't do internal practices; the stress of modern and unnatural living can add to the issue. This self massage oil is an option to treat that, but Master Google can tell you of other options. Also, in my experience, if you eat something first thing upon waking you'll have less rumbling throughout the day...and doing the umbilical rim massage in the book Unwinding the Belly can help release these intestinal winds to some extent.

• Like 3

Vata dosha (internal wind and nervous system energy) has its seat in the intestines and colon, so that explains the lower belly area rumbling. Internal practices specifically alter the internal energy flows of the nervous system. I think if there is gas it means excess or disturbed vata...this is very common even for people who don't do internal practices; the stress of modern and unnatural living can add to the issue. This self massage oil is an option to treat that, but Master Google can tell you of other options. Also, in my experience, if you eat something first thing upon waking you'll have less rumbling throughout the day...and doing the umbilical rim massage in the book Unwinding the Belly can help release these intestinal winds to some extent.

Well the oil is a bit expansive for something that's not a problem. I take all the advices (thanks for that) anyway and btw I made the alcohol stove, there is truly a genius behind that. Best camping tip ever.

take ma's advice and eat slowly, chew your food...

...will have less air pockets. but good abdominal motion will clear it up anyway.

my stomach rumbles when I do the saliva swallowing exercise with the crane neck augmentation.

the tears and stuff, when the slow fire is generated.