Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

What's the deal with Tin Foil?

Yes, there IS such a thing as aluminium but not aluminum ... OHHH sorry ... you're a Canadan ... Canadian I mean.

• Like 3

Madame Indira's Persian Tarot those are. There's was a pdf online that translated the book from the original French. Hope that helps

It does! Thanks ... I'll hunt it down :) Weird thing with this is ... it isnt a full deck ... not all of the cards (including all the suit numbers) were produced and the non suit cards (except for the courts) ... i.e. the 'Majors' seem totally diff concepts in many cases .. hence I call it an oracle deck ... I wouldnt mind finishing it off and adding the missing cards.

( psssst ... there is no such thing as aluminum either ;) )

pssssst:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum#Etymology

It's the older of the two spellings ;)

oh, also, I have my Yijing wrapped in silk and in a wooden box with incense ash. I like linen, though, I think I like it better than silk

Edited by soaring crane

Putting a piece of scent amber in there is pretty good too.

scent amber?

I have a feeling that could be English for Weihrauch .... checking ... no. Unless it's a Kiwi thing :)

I don't know what you properly call Weihrauch in English. I mean this stuff: Weihrauch

Dried tree sap, more or less. Olibanum, etc. I have a large collection, among other 'smoking' substances. I wish I had the proper English terms for this other than 'burn incense' or whatever.

Wrap your Tarot in white silk

reflects

black absorbs

so depends what you want to do with them

I like the black silk for when I'm trying to "hide" stuff, you know from curious astral travelers or whatever ;).

Btw, note for everyone, try sleeping wrapped in silk sometime... best sleep EVER! :D I figure at the very least I should treat myself as well as my tarot cards ;).

• Like 1

I had some black sheets one time.

Kept losing the ( black) cat though.

She was forever going on my bed and blending in.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

I like the black silk for when I'm trying to "hide" stuff, you know from curious astral travelers or whatever ;).

Btw, note for everyone, try sleeping wrapped in silk sometime... best sleep EVER! :D I figure at the very least I should treat myself as well as my tarot cards ;).

Drawing circles around it or around oneself also works :)

• Like 1

Drawing circles around it or around oneself also works :)

Depending on how one draws them and what with ;).

Or you could paint the circle *on* oneself (see the tattoo thread for more info on this lol).

Now painting the names Deity or other spirit names within said circle upon the silk in magical paint (made with herbs and blessed by these entities) works extremely well! A friend of mine likes to sleep covered in his leather circles or spirit seals (painted on the leather). It is definitely a neat experience.

Oh wait, were we talking about tinfoil? I wonder what standing on a 6 foot metal circle with preferred names engraved upon it, would be like? :D

Though thinking about it, I rarely use circles for work or sleep. Nothing wrong with squares and rectangles (ie. the walls of my rooms) for creating magical and/or protected space....

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

Drawing calligraphy 'enso' circles is supposed to be very therapeutic.

These chaps.....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=enso+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i8VXU96_NISuO4GQgTA&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=644

Went on a retreat once where they had us in a workshop having a go at drawing those.

They got really ticked off if you drew it as a smiley.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Drawing calligraphy 'enso' circles is supposed to be very therapeutic.

These chaps.....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=enso+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i8VXU96_NISuO4GQgTA&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=644

Went on a retreat once where they had us in a workshop having a go at drawing those.

They got really ticked off if you drew it as a smiley.

+1 for drawing yours as a smiley during the workshop :D. Apparently they are pretty rigid in their teaching! ;)

I use only ytterbium foil.

Or unobtainium foil -- but it is getting hard to find.

• Like 2

Ask for 'unobtainum' in the USA or Canada.

It's only sold as 'unobtainium' here in the UK

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Oh wait, were we talking about tinfoil? I wonder what standing on a 6 foot metal circle with preferred names engraved upon it, would be like? :D

I have a copper sheet with engraved __ on it, and it hooks up to my grounding wire

thus doing horse stance on grounded a copper mat, evoking/invoking -and you saying the spirits wanting me to suffer lol (on another thread)

• Like 1

Btw, note for everyone, try sleeping wrapped in silk sometime... best sleep EVER! :D

6206135_orig.jpg

scent amber?

I have a feeling that could be English for Weihrauch .... checking ... no. Unless it's a Kiwi thing :)

I don't know what you properly call Weihrauch in English. I mean this stuff: Weihrauch

Dried tree sap, more or less. Olibanum, etc. I have a large collection, among other 'smoking' substances. I wish I had the proper English terms for this other than 'burn incense' or whatever.

Grain incense ... pure incense ... ? There isnt a name for it in English either :D Your sample looks more like hard dry 'grains' of 'pure incense'. Your pic looks like olibanum, storax or frankincense. I mean this stuff, it is large chunks, soft and a bit sticky ... it seems to crystallize and grow ... and smells like the Queen of Heaven's armpit .

amber.jpg

Edited by Nungali

I wonder what standing on a 6 foot metal circle with preferred names engraved upon it, would be like? :D

I knew a guy in the navy that ran a magic group on a ship ^_^ He was the communication officer and they used to point one of the big dishes straight up and meet in it for privacy as no one could see them in there. (They got busted and he got called to see the captain about it, the captain said, I dont know what you are you are up to to in there but nothing has been broken, stolen or damaged and no ones getting hurt, drunk or complaining... so carry on and behave yourself. :D

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I use only ytterbium foil.

Or unobtainium foil -- but it is getting hard to find.

Apparently Brian it is ytterum and unobtainum (thats the original spelling :P )

• Like 1

Note to nungali - Styrax as I know it is charcoaled wood with perfume. Very sweet smelling stuff.

The page I linked to was just the Google image result for Weihrauch.

I'll have to post a pic of my smoking stuff and utensils..

Laterz.

Note to nungali - Styrax as I know it is charcoaled wood with perfume. Very sweet smelling stuff.

Styrax ??? Sounds dodgy. Storax (I think) is a tree resin from the Liquid Amber tree .... it smells very medicinal and seems strongly mercurial .... bees flock to the tree when resin exudes from it (perhaps making the medical component to honey?) I used it once as a fumigant to dispen a nasty flu bug that was going around - it seemed to work.

The page I linked to was just the Google image result for Weihrauch.

Yes, I was going to say "Thats it! But with out the telescopic sights ."

I'll have to post a pic of my smoking stuff and utensils..

Laterz.

Okay ... here are mine ;

die-antwoord-babys-on-fire-directed-by-n

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this