adept

Relying On No-one But Yourself

let me guess; you dont play tai chi, do you?

or qigong?

or meditate?

you're not an athlete either most likely.

stick around this forum awhile and avoid the 90% posts that are just here to take up space to hide th eposts that are worth digging for, and if you are all about wu wei, which would be good :) you will still from time to time come across some of the most incredible, useful, amazingly beneficial gems

a mechanical way to put air in your lungs is called a ventillator and by learning how to breathe prpoerly you can avoid ever having to have to rely on one of those.

cheers!

Well, if you're not aware of the fact that many parts of your body are working quite mechanically, that's really not my problem.

Using muscles and bones is mechanical work.

But thanks for assuming a lot of things that aren't correct instead of taking into account that I might have been aiming at something different.

Of course I do practice. I also do play a kind of flute, or different flutes, so it would be better for me to know something about breathing.

Maybe just stick around long enough to learn how to use the search-function to get a more complete impression of people before judging them. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

What is your definition of breath and/or breathing? If I may kindly ask...

I would say using your muscles to expand lung volume, creating low-pressure to get fresh air into your lungs is breathing in.

Allowing your muscles to relax, thereby compressing lung volume and releasing air is breathing out.

Thanks for asking.

Well, I breathe. Sometimes shallow and sometimes deep, depends on what my body and brain want.

Oh!, and to add a point. I breathe all by myself, I don't rely on others to do it for me.

• Like 2

Oh!, and to add a point. I breathe all by myself, I don't rely on others to do it for me.

And what's more, sometimes I inhale through my nose but when my nasal passages are blocked I inhale through my mouth.

Whatever gets you through your life.

yascra, curiously enuff i didnt say that you probably didnt play a wind instrument....

what i was trying to convey is there is a lot more to the breath than you stated in the post that i quoted.

Ah, BS you're talking. Yes, of course, what you're calling me is just a complete noob, stupid, spiritually illiterate etc ^^

Of course I know about energy aspects.

But who cares, as obviously you prefer to make wrong assumptions than taking into account that maybe someone is not an idiot though writing things you don't get. What would be the point about posting and reading in this forum here if I wouldn't practice spiritual stuff.

What I'm telling you is, no, energy is not linked to your mechanical breath.

If you shouldn't get what I'm talking about I'd sincerely ask you to think about things before answering.

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 1

But if there really is no god then we need to get up off our butt right now and start doing something.

Sounds like the same thing. With or without God..

• Like 2

@zerostao, okay, what exactly do you think I did understand in a wrong way of what you've written here

let me guess; you dont play tai chi, do you?

or qigong?

or meditate?

you're not an athlete either most likely.

I can't think of a more direct way to tell someone that in their opinion the addressed person doesn't practice anything that might be relevant to a forum like the one we're writing on.

But if you had something else in mind but calling me a noob who doesn't understand what you're talking about when you wrote this, you might well let me know.

This way to adress me is first of all not about any topic. It's just setting up a picture of me as a participant who has not a clue anyway.

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 2

@zerostao, okay, what exactly do you think I did understand in a wrong way of what you've written here

I can't think of a more direct way to tell someone that in their opinion the addressed person doesn't practice anything that might be relevant to a forum like the one we're writing on.

But if you had something else in mind but calling me a noob who doesn't understand what you're talking about when you wrote this, you might well let me know.

This way to adress me is first of all not about any topic. It's just setting up a picture of me as a participant who has not a clue anyway.

Allow me to intervene or tell me to butt out...

He was clearly just responding to the short remark you gave earlier in the thread. Misunderstood dismissal for ignorance...that's all.

• Like 1

Allow me to intervene or tell me to butt out...

He was clearly just responding to the short remark you gave earlier in the thread. Misunderstood dismissal for ignorance...that's all.

Hm, let me guess: You never talked to people, do you? I mean, really including understanding what people say and so on?

That is okay. Just stick around awhile. You will find threads in which people interpret for you what others are saying. You just have to dig deep enough into the threads to find those few posts in which people clearly write what they mean.

:)

i was suggesting in strong language perhaps,

Hahaha.

In other words you've well been aware of the offending character of your words, still in your following post you pretended that something like that had not taken place.

And still you blame me and see no need to just say sorry.

Well, it's okay. I don't care about judging people anyway. I just make remarks about whose presence is a reason for me not to discuss in those particular threads.

I definitely dislike dishonesty, and I have no need spending my free time with people who behave like that.

Have fun with the thread anyway, I think I'm done with it. And definitely no "thanks" for that.

edit: Thank you for your optimism @Rara. But obviously sometimes people are not as nice as you are or you would like them to be. So sorry for the sarcasm above. I just don't like it if people do something and lateron pretend that had never happened. It's not your fault anyway.

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 1

It's very nice to be able to rely on other people.

Sometimes.

Chatter chatters.

I have the feeling that you don't need to rely on anyone else if you don't want to. But then ...

• Like 1

Okay. It's all my fault. But any further apology will not be forthcoming because I was with the understanding that I was right.

• Like 1

Hm, let me guess: You never talked to people, do you? I mean, really including understanding what people say and so on?

That is okay. Just stick around awhile. You will find threads in which people interpret for you what others are saying. You just have to dig deep enough into the threads to find those few posts in which people clearly write what they mean.

:)

?

edit: Thank you for your optimism @Rara. But obviously sometimes people are not as nice as you are or you would like them to be.

Funny. Something people often have to remind me.

Apology accepted anyways.

Okay, now that that's cleared up ...

Sure, we can be self-reliant to a degree but not totally unles we are one of those folks who live in a mountain cave and get everything we need from raw nature. But then, we are still reliant (dependant) on nature to provide for our needs. We can never be that island we hear talked about.

• Like 2