Sign in to follow this  
sunchild

greetings all, what is stranger than fiction?

if you can get your hands on it, a fascinating book relevant to your inquirity is Mutants And Mystics, by Jeffrey J. Kripal.

It's a book of essays on the origins of superhero comics. Basically, as it turns out, most of the originators of our superhero mythos were experiencing intense kundalini awakenings of their own, and created comics as a way of "sublimating" their experiences. There's an entire chapter, called "Authorization" dedicated to these writers who would write something and end up experiencing what they wrote. It's really inspiring and fascinating stuff.

Not to mention GM.

Damn.

I said I wasn't going to mention GM.

whistles innocently

Captain, I feel like I manifested you by mentioning Mutants & Mystics, kinda bizarre... I dig you posts tho :)

What are your thoughts on superhuman potential? Activating it is possible, obviously, but how best to conduct oneself in society?

I struggle with this a lot especially in making art. Lowest common denominator usually appeals to the most people, whereas if you try to express noble aspirations or even straight you "you can be a godlike creator in this world", often stimulates hatred. Have you had this experience?

I'm nothing if not predictable, mr dogson.

You wanna be careful what you manifest.

I don't think I want to encourage people in general to think they can be godlike creators.

Whether I stimulate hatred, I wouldn't like to say.

Likely yes.

But how best to conduct oneself.

How Best to Act.

That is the question, isn't it?

I dunno.

I'm still trying to figure it out.

I need help.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

how do you cope with this/integrate it into your life idiot_stimpy?

Bardon's watch your thoughts, be aware of your thoughts, always put a lot of thought and care into each and every thought, and writing.

(though personally anytime things start to manifest for me I tone it down a lot ;) )

• Like 3

Zen trained Adyashanti (you can look him up on Youtube), says be what you want.

I can see the connection with your writing.

You were 'being' your characters and making the connection for it to appear.

I don't know much at all about magic. I have found from experience that it can be dangerous as what you want might not be what you need. If it doesn't come from a balanced state, it can lead to more suffering for yourself in the long run.

• Like 2

I think this is the crux of the issue, right? Are our desires genuinely coming from our soul, or are they conditioned through society, advertising, etc?

I've found that reading tons of spiritual stuff has castrated me slightly in terms of my ability to take decisive action. I used to be such a badass as a kid, speaking my mind clearly and strongly, and just creating wildly without any thought or inhibition. But I was also kind of a dick. I just didn't give a F--- at all what people thought. I found the tao at 13, and that led me into a whole string of compassion / metta stuff, but it also really inhibited my flow and made me repress a lot of emotions / negativity like "Oh I shouldn't be negative, stuff it" .

I think so much of desire comes from a profoundly creative place, and I do think we're meant to create what we want with our thoughts, our intent. Dangerous, sure. So is NOT creating. I don't think spirituality means being broke, I don't think humility means being diminished or spare... if it's our karma to want to drive fly whips and enjoy abundance, then go through that.

I'm so curious about everyone in this community, and their practice, and the reasons why they practice. I think we are a race of superhumans that temporarily devolved into couch potatoes, but we're finding these in-between superhero mythologies as a bridge to reclaim our potential. I don't mean superpowers in the sense of chi bombs or whatever... but actually feeling joy and happiness and bliss, I regard that as a superpower in this society. That kind of vibe is infectious and I wanna infect the world with profound spiritual inspiration <3 <3 <3

Edited by dogson
  • Like 1

I think you are correct on all counts, mr dogson sir.

I find myself liking you very much indeed.

Life's too short they just said on the radio.

Amen.

I think so much of desire comes from a profoundly creative place, and I do thing we're meant to create what we want with our thoughts, our intent. Dangerous, sure. So is NOT creating. I don't think spirituality means being broke, I don't think humility means being diminished or spare... if it's our karma to want to drive fly whips and enjoy abundance, then go through that.

Its valid to desire anything you want. Just be prepared for any consequences and attachments it brings.

I don't mean superpowers in the sense of chi bombs or whatever... but actually feeling joy and happiness and bliss, I regard that as a superpower in this society. That kind of vibe is infectious and I wanna infect the world with profound spiritual inspiration <3 <3 <3

That's the thing. You don't need any transient thing to be happy. The nature of your own mind right now is 'it'. 'It' never leaves you. Desiring for things in the future that some believe will lead them to happiness is just taking them away from 'being' now.

Yeah but now's a bit crap.

I'm looking forward to the future.

Folk say there is no future.

Bollox.

All Good Things Come to He who Waits.

Though hard weight be mantle mine,

Karma Dharma be armour divine.

All Things in Good Time, dear Stimpy.

• Like 1

Which is better?

The anticipation or the fulfillment?

Some look for completion outside of themselves.

Some look for completion inside of themselves.

Yeah but now's a bit crap.

I'm looking forward to the future.

Folk say there is no future.

Bollox.

Now's all we got buddy.

Past is gone.

Future's not here yet.

We're only alive 'now'.

Ever.

Carpe Diem!

• Like 1

I think this is the crux of the issue, right? Are our desires genuinely coming from our soul, or are they conditioned through society, advertising, etc?

I've found that reading tons of spiritual stuff has castrated me slightly in terms of my ability to take decisive action. I used to be such a badass as a kid, speaking my mind clearly and strongly, and just creating wildly without any thought or inhibition. But I was also kind of a dick. I just didn't give a F--- at all what people thought. I found the tao at 13, and that led me into a whole string of compassion / metta stuff, but it also really inhibited my flow and made me repress a lot of emotions / negativity like "Oh I shouldn't be negative, stuff it" .

this.

since i've become more opened to energy/spiritual world,

it feels as though the farther i tread the path the more castrated my will becomes.

in this society true spiritual pursuits seem to be a path riddled with cognitive dissonance.

so many of my thought processes/pasttimes erased/'let go' for their being 'negative'

sometimes i honestly wish i could forget everything.

overall i think i was much happier in my illusions/narrow perception of years past.

thank you very much idiot_stimpy for shining a light upon my stupidity/naivete.

overall i think i was much happier in my illusions/narrow perception of years past.

Cypher's job, as with all other operatives, was to free human minds trapped within the Matrix. Cypher was disgusted with the nature of reality in comparison to the relative comforts found within the illusory world of the Matrix.

...it is revealed that Cypher was preparing for an illicit face-to-face negotiation with Agent Smith within the Matrix. Eating steak, Cypher exclaims that "ignorance is bliss" and organises that, in exchange for Morpheus, his body would be reattached to the power plant and his memory of his life outside of the Matrix erased. He also stated his desire to be "someone important, like an actor."

http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Cypher

stop it. what would you suggest i do?

i feel so far away from people/places right in front of me,

it's like i'm on the other side of a veil or something.

i feel like i've escape the grasp of a clandestine something,

and it desperately wants me back under its control.

i'm just floating stimpy, in an ocean i've never known.

my emotions/moods are far more stable now,

but i just can't seem to get the hang of a life more aware.

people tell me to let go,

but i've nothing more to let go of.

current life is ground zero.

so what i wanted to be someone,

a lot of people want a career they enjoy,

am i wrong for wanting an earthly pursuit.

for something to bring me happiness?

i've already lost her and that has to be enough.

now i've gone from abysmal depression to just blank emptiness.

it's like nothing is really happening,

it's like i can't convince myself to care like before,

i've lost all motivation/desire for most anything.

life just feels like an acid trip now.

people come to me with their problems, i know not why.

people random/known ask me 'do you know who you are?" and walk away

people and their words have become as glass.

mid-life/existential crises at mid-20s. great.

• Like 1

i'm just floating stimpy, in an ocean i've never known.

It can't be known by the intellect.

so what i wanted to be someone,

a lot of people want a career they enjoy,

am i wrong for wanting an earthly pursuit.

for something to bring me happiness?

Understand that material things may bring you happiness, but they are transient and the happiness will not be lasting.

people random/known ask me 'do you know who you are?" and walk away

You're not who you think you're. Examine this statement again and see it literally.

Sign in to follow this