I wouldn't normally come to this sub-forum but the thread title called me.

I completely agree with the thread title. Thing about ego is that it can do us as much harm as good. To belittle ourself, IMO, is unacceptable.

Those who "appear" to be less are simply being held back from cultivating their full potential. And while it is true that all men (and women) are not created equal as far as capabilities and capacities go, we each do have our own set of potentials. We should cultivate these potentials (for our and others' benefit).

• Like 5

Who really thinks the thought in their own mind 'I am an ignorant person'?

Seems strange to me.

I have known some. In fact, I thought that about myself when I was very young because of the way I need to learn things and it was very rare that I found anyone who could teach in a manner so that I was able to learn. After I realized my learning disability I was able to find ways around the problem.

• Like 1

Well, no, you are not.

But if the people you are around all the time keep telling you that you are stupid you will, at some point begin to believe it to be true.

Maybe he means that folks want to think they are ignorant and blameless to what is going on rather than learning disabled.

Pretending one doesnt know any better , that one is fine ignoring the plight of others , say,, re: starving kids in africa,

lets one off the hook for a multitude of things , rather than admit ones self-centeredness.

Niggling in the back of ones mind there remains the truth that you Do know and it can undermine.

Dealing with ones responsibility or lack of ,, can reveal

Oh dear :( - again :(

The OP was this video and the central point was made at 6' 10"

I have been trying to drive that point. I do NOT hold to the concept that we all are sinners either.

I'm too stupid to know if I'm ignorant or not.

At face that sounds silly but in its essence it is very true indeed (although not worded as you did above).