Sign in to follow this  

Hey all,

maybe some of you guys can help me out interpreting this whole experience.

I've been practicing Tien Tao Chi Kung lately,

and I`m following Roger Hagood's advice of gently focusing on the lower dantien throughout the day.

Two nights ago I laid to sleep at night and focused on my dantien till I got to sleep. after spending a whole day focusing on the dantien it's almost sure that a night it'll be vibrating full of chi, and so it was.

All of a sudden my whole body was paralized (the all common night paralysis). But this time it was different, all my surrounding was vibrating and I was slowly falling as if I was sinking in the deep sea. I had a desperate feeling with it.

Suddently I was in a very vivid dream, but the details were not that important.

I woke up all of a sudden, in one violent grasp of air, as if the whole dream happened whilst my lungs were empty.

------------

Next night, same procedure, went to sleep and focused on my LDT till night closed my eyes.

I started dreaming... In this dream I was in a soccer field... there was a wrestling team with powerfull men training and being led by a coach... I passed by in admiration, laid down on the grass at a distance of their training.

There I entered the "whole body paralysis" again. Yes I was within the dream this time. The paralysis was intense with all the vibration sensations over my body., is was particularly intense in my LDantien, this focus point then rose spontaneosly to my crown, where it started to emanate a sound as if of a waterfall. I was freaking out, very scared. Why was that sound emanating from my crown where my intent got stuck? I suddently woke up from the paralysis, I but I still was in the dream... I woke up still in the soccer field thanks to the coach of the wrestling team who was directing water at my body with a hose in an attempt to "wake me up". Apparently the sound emanating from my crown point was nothing less than the sound of the water striking it from his hose.

The whole fighter team stood around me, looking at me in shock and fear.

"Geese" said one of them "I surely didn`t want to be in your skin".

I told them all how I admired how they represented courage and strength.

Then I really woke up from this dream, in my bed... also with a sudden grasp of air, as if it all happened while my lungs were empty.

During the whole morning my respiration was very gentle, almost nonexistent, may be too gentle, I don'y know.

-----

But all those experiences freaked me out, it`s too terrifying. I don`t know if it was triggered because the air here is too dry or if it`s because of over practicing qigong.

but if it was due to over practicing chikung it would probably be an Excess symptom in traditional chinese medicine, and my breath was actually very, very gentle, which actually looks more of a deficiency symptom. or maybe it has to do with shen.. I don`t know!

But I surelly would really want to know why it is happening and what is happening energetically.

I had it before, but it passed away gradually, even though I continued practicing.

-----------

Doen anyone have more information about this phenomena?

Anyone knows how to interpret dreams? That would be great too...

Thanks alot my brothers.

-----------

When it happened I was sleeping under alot of covers, and the weather is getting hot in Canada, the sun hits my apartment directly all day long, so there is alot of solar energy in the place.

I passed the last 2 -3 days with this very gentle respiration, and feeling very warm on my skin.. warm and stuffy, almost stale, the air I`m breathing is feeling a little stale too. I`ll sleep with my windows open.

for some reason I thing it can be related to the sun, the warmth and the dry weather.

Edited by Marks of Glory

Hey all,

maybe some of you guys can help me out interpreting this whole experience.

I've been practicing Tien Tao Chi Kung lately,

and I`m following Roger Hagood's advice of gently focusing on the lower dantien throughout the day.

Two nights ago I laid to sleep at night and focused on my dantien till I got to sleep. after spending a whole day focusing on the dantien it's almost sure that a night it'll be vibrating full of chi, and so it was.

All of a sudden my whole body was paralized (the all common night paralysis). But this time it was different, all my surrounding was vibrating and I was slowly falling as if I was sinking in the deep sea. I had a desperate feeling with it.

Suddently I was in a very vivid dream, but the details were not that important.

I woke up all of a sudden, in one violent grasp of air, as if the whole dream happened whilst my lungs were empty.

------------

Next night, same procedure, went to sleep and focused on my LDT till night closed my eyes.

I started dreaming... In this dream I was in a soccer field... there was a wrestling team with powerfull men training and being led by a coach... I passed by in admiration, laid down on the grass at a distance of their training.

There I entered the "whole body paralysis" again. Yes I was within the dream this time. The paralysis was intense with all the vibration sensations over my body., is was particularly intense in my LDantien, this focus point then rose spontaneosly to my crown, where it started to emanate a sound as if of a waterfall. I was freaking out, very scared. Why was that sound emanating from my crown where my intent got stuck? I suddently woke up from the paralysis, I but I still was in the dream... I woke up still in the soccer field thanks to the coach of the wrestling team who was directing water at my body with a hose in an attempt to "wake me up". Apparently the sound emanating from my crown point was nothing less than the sound of the water striking it from his hose.

The whole fighter team stood around me, looking at me in shock and fear.

"Geese" said one of them "I surely didn`t want to be in your skin".

I told them all how I admired how they represented courage and strength.

Then I really woke up from this dream, in my bed... also with a sudden grasp of air, as if it all happened while my lungs were empty.

During the whole morning my respiration was very gentle, almost nonexistent, may be too gentle, I don'y know.

-----

But all those experiences freaked me out, it`s too terrifying. I don`t know if it was triggered because the air here is too dry or if it`s because of over practicing qigong.

but if it was due to over practicing chikung it would probably be an Excess symptom in traditional chinese medicine, and my breath was actually very, very gentle, which actually looks more of a deficiency symptom. or maybe it has to do with shen.. I don`t know!

But I surelly would really want to know why it is happening and what is happening energetically.

I had it before, but it passed away gradually, even though I continued practicing.

-----------

Doen anyone have more information about this phenomena?

Anyone knows how to interpret dreams? That would be great too...

Thanks alot my brothers.

-----------

When it happened I was sleeping under alot of covers, and the weather is getting hot in Canada, the sun hits my apartment directly all day long, so there is alot of solar energy in the place.

I passed the last 2 -3 days with this very gentle respiration, and feeling very warm on my skin.. warm and stuffy, almost stale, the air I`m breathing is feeling a little stale too. I`ll sleep with my windows open.

for some reason I thing it can be related to the sun, the warmth and the dry weather.

I went through the same thing with paralysis and lucid dreams, several times. I was not doing heavy LDT focus but meditating a lot and sorting my head out due to family and anger issues. I was deeply exploring Taoism and Buddhism while being in a very different place mentally.

Has anything changed in your life recently? Just wondering if that could be a contributing factor. Spending such a long amount of time focusing on the LDT seems a bit extreme to me though...that could also be it. You could just be mentally exhaused...

• Like 1

I went through the same thing with paralysis and lucid dreams, several times. I was not doing heavy LDT focus but meditating a lot and sorting my head out due to family and anger issues. I was deeply exploring Taoism and Buddhism while being in a very different place mentally.

Has anything changed in your life recently? Just wondering if that could be a contributing factor. Spending such a long amount of time focusing on the LDT seems a bit extreme to me though...that could also be it. You could just be mentally exhaused...

First of all thanks alot for the reply Rara.

Yes, I can be mentally exhausted. over the last week I started a process that possibly will change the direction of my life, possibly I`ll transfer to a TCM college in the US. I`m pretty stressed picking up all the documents...

My breath is so subtle that I can`t even percieve it properly. It`s not unpleasent, it`s kind of peaceful and silent.

The bad part is going to sleep... I just went to bed and my breath started to stop again it`s very frightening, so I got up to avoid sleeping = ( I don`t want to go through that again.. it feels like dying.

There`s a part of me that thinks that it is a part of a process, that I should accept this whole experience.

who knows..

• Like 2

Me, I'd go with the part that thinks "it is a part of a process, that I should accept this whole experience." Then again, that's what I usually think. Intense practice leads to intense results. Nothing wrong with that, though it can certainly be scary at times depending. The thing about your breath becoming very subtle sounds very good to me. If it's more intense than you like, I'd experiment with cutting down your practice time.

My two cents.

Liminal

• Like 2

Hey, could you please explain the technique about focusing on LDT? Do you imagine something there like a light or a golden cauldron? You imagine it behind your navel? Thanks!!!!

I think that's a great dream!

Entering the mind drive.

Keep on keepin' on bro!

As to breath and so on, yes I think you are undergoing changes of some sort.

Aren't you?

Yes, stuff can be damn scary.

Whassamatter?

Come on man.

Feel the fear.

Do it anyway!

Why is sleep becoming so problematic?

My own sleep is often troubled with bad dreams, but they are generally easy for me to interpret.

I sleep less and less.

Sometimes I think doing one hour lying down meditation ("death" meditation) would be better than a night's sleep.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

Everything connects.

Don't worry.

Keep observing.

Remind yourself that fear and doubt are to be overcome.

• Like 1

First of all thanks alot for the reply Rara.

Yes, I can be mentally exhausted. over the last week I started a process that possibly will change the direction of my life, possibly I`ll transfer to a TCM college in the US. I`m pretty stressed picking up all the documents...

My breath is so subtle that I can`t even percieve it properly. It`s not unpleasent, it`s kind of peaceful and silent.

The bad part is going to sleep... I just went to bed and my breath started to stop again it`s very frightening, so I got up to avoid sleeping = ( I don`t want to go through that again.. it feels like dying.

There`s a part of me that thinks that it is a part of a process, that I should accept this whole experience.

who knows..

No worries.

Yeah, what I found was that in times of high pressure, I used to think that I could ease it with extreme spiritual practice. I found I was filling my head more rather than emptying it so it opened me up to all sorts of surreal moments.

I personally think you are just overthinking/overpracticing stuff to the point where it is messing with your mind.

If it scares you and you are havibg breathing troubles, I would suggest switching off to it and putting your mind elsewhere. For me, spiritual practice is just as much about watching cartoons as it is meditating. Enhance your life, rather than make it worse :)

• Like 2

Me, I'd go with the part that thinks "it is a part of a process, that I should accept this whole experience." Then again, that's what I usually think. Intense practice leads to intense results. Nothing wrong with that, though it can certainly be scary at times depending. The thing about your breath becoming very subtle sounds very good to me. If it's more intense than you like, I'd experiment with cutting down your practice time.

My two cents.

Liminal

I've seen lots of great cartoons over the years...

Captain and Luke,

thanks for your points of view.

The bad dreams are not the bad part, I actually am quite bald. Every time I "wake up" with night paralysis, instead of fighting it, I always continue relaxing into it more and more, until the experience becomes very, very intense.

the bad part was my breath. But i think I know the cause. Its a combination of causes.

First I do pretty intense breathing exercices, so I already am kind of starting to take control over the breathing process and change this aspect of the "brain".

Secondly the intense practice during the days 24/7

But mainly... it's still kinda cold here, so all the heaters on the building are on, making the air dry...

maybe the practice was causing my body to consume alot of water / body fluids for some reason...

3 days ago I woke up with my Lungs feeling irritated... probably because of the dry air together with an inner dehidration... my hands were feeling much more dry than usual, and my urine was very yellow.. signs of Heat... I was feeling stale and hot also...

In TCM, dryness directly injures the Lungs.

So I started drinking alot of water since since 2 days ago, and my breathing came back to normal... before going to bed I spilling water all over the sink, the over, under the bed and under the couch, heheh (I live in a bachelors unit), it's kinda working.

Hey, could you please explain the technique about focusing on LDT? Do you imagine something there like a light or a golden cauldron? You imagine it behind your navel? Thanks!!!!

Hey Marcus...

just focus gently down there... on the whole area, the triangle formed by yout navel, your mingmen and your huiyin.

I don't recommend visualizing anything... (forcing visualization is one thing... seeing or "feeling" / "sensing" light during meditation is another if it happens naturally, thats good, don't seek it)

don't use to much force in you intent.. it must...ust must be gentle and natural, other wise you'll create a blockage there.

when / if you start feeling some vibration downthere, make sure to keep it vibrating (with not a strong intent, and without any visualization) so that it does not stagnate. It's kinda like moving your ears... seems impossible, but when you get it.. you get it.

practice standing or on a chair instead of sitting in the floor.

get a god IMA teacher to correct your posture, it'll help connecting your whole body, especially the lower part, the LDT, the legs and feet.

those are my opinions... follow your gut, not mine.

My air ticket to China please.

MoG

Edited by Marks of Glory

Well well, you "Mark" and "Rara" should consider joining a Stillnessmovement Qigong Workshop.

As the efforts you do and have without tranmission have a good natural basis and would take

effort to the dantien awareness, which indeed has an effect, but the difference is

with a transmission is first to have it easier to reach Dream Qigong

and second to go to higher vibration planes while in sleep mode

and third the amount of effort put into staying in the lower Dantien will give you more harvest.

This makes me think and feel that you would do well with receiving the transmission from the Jing Dong Gong Lineage.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this