Unseen_Abilities

Hypothetically

Interestingly, a couple of months ago I set up some protective stuff in my parts of the House in a "just in case" kind of way (until I move out) and, I kid you not, since then both my Parents have barely been at home at all - Taking extended breaks, going out for longer periods of time, away for weekends and more often into the night than usual.

I still don't know for sure (perhaps I'll never be absolutely certain about this) but hey, this is interesting.

Unseen_Abilities

I'm also sceptical about these memories, though many things do point to the possibility (not necessarily the likelihood) that something could have happened. Does anyone know if false memories can get triggered in the same sudden kind of way as genuine repressed memories can? Or do false memories get created in a more "gentle" way - Just the mind piecing things together incorrectly over time?

Thanks for the lucky wishes, lerner.

This is fascinating. I have something similar go down (not directly me but someone else in my family)

Also, you mentioned the synchronicities earlier in the thread. Search this forum for more threads on this, it may help you along.

But I am completely with you on the "do I not want to believe it?" While at the same time my mind is screaming "guilty" at the accused. Then there's the victim...did it really happen? Is someone/or thing planting the experience in his mind?

Nothing makes sense to me in my "story", so I can empathize with your state of mind.

The way I handled it? Forgiveness of the accused. Guilty or not, holding a grudge was only hurting me. And hurting one's self is pointless. Then, I began to try to piece things together, but meditated on accepting that I may never find out the reality (if there ever was one!)

Good work with what you are doing with the art and the martial arts. We have so much in common after all!

• Like 1

Also, I really admire you openness and honesty in all that you say. Do you have that strange feeling that you've HAD to grow up/be more independent due to the hand you were dealt?

• Like 1

In certain ways, I was always more mature/independent (mainly in thought/general demeanour) than other people my age, in other, more worldly ways I was not. In recent months, after this experience and others over the last few years I'm facing and treading a path of rapid growth/independence. Integrating/assimilating all of this will likely take a while, but I'm going well. Thanks for the replies...which Martial Art(s) do you practice?

Edited by Unseen_Abilities

In certain ways, I was always more mature/independent (mainly in thought/general demeanour) than other people my age, in other, more worldly ways I was not. In recent months, after this experience and others over the last few years I'm facing and treading a path of rapid growth/independence. Integrating/assimilating all of this will likely take a while, but I'm going well. Thanks for the replies...which Martial Art(s) do you practice?

Wing Chun (specifically the Wong Shun Leung lineage) If you're interested, ensure you find a good school. The majority are pants. The thing to look out for is that they train you at close quarters, so that your attacker is actually in range to hit you! Also, good footwork...so many schools train a load of rubbish that leaves people falling over when the heat is cranked up!

• Like 1

I've been into Aikido for coming up to 2 years now (I'd done a couple years training before that in other stuff) - I was learning Tomiki style up until a few weeks ago when I left, having come to the conclusion that I would do well to learn a more aggressive art for the time being, but last week I actually joined up with Aikikai - The Tomiki Dojo had only 2 available classes per week, but I can go up to 6 days a week at Aikikai, with morning AND evening classes on 5 of those days if I feel like going that often...I do love Aikido so I'm going with that for now.

Martial Arts will likely be a life-long pursuit for me - I'm definitely planning to explore other styles in depth as well.

• Like 1

Aikido isn't what a lot of people seem to think it is - 2nd class at Aikikai, they start showing me why it's good to bend my wrist at certain times to add in face gouges, then where to add striked to the ribcage, etc etc.

Good stuff.

Yes I remember you brought this up in a thread where I first met you. My WC instructor has actually expressed his interest in doing some Aikido.

Will PM you something else re the 6 days a week thing. I have a question!

• Like 1

So, regarding this topic: I'm now quite sure what I posted about did actually happen. Despite what anyone says to the contrary, enough things add up for me to have now reached this conclusion and feel sure about it - I've done more research, more questioning, I've had enough sleep for long enough now to be well rested and that's how I feel...there's been no more trauma and this is all coming from a much more grounded place.

I've got a new place to live that I'm moving to soon.

Thanks to the Tao Bums who showed support in this very difficult situation - It's truly appreciated.

Unseen_Abilities

• Like 2

call me rude, bla bla..

but I really think you should look at this objectively

How was your relationship with your parents before you had this idea

Pretty good right

Do you know 100% that they did this

80%

60%

What

What if you/this idea was wrong/off

my intuition can be a little off, tho my intuition is accurate a lot too

I have a psychic friend who is pretty accurate, like very accurate

but he sometimes tells me things that arent true

then gets annoyed if i suggest that its not (like not blatantely)

because he takes pride on his intuition being right

so hes looking to fit reality to his beliefs

aanyways

If this didnt happen, I dont know think it would be pretty big a deal

My relationship with my parents is one of the most important things to me

an

d will be more important when one grows older too

Also think of this

In past lives, maybe in this life, I dont know

You may have done things that are seemingly unforgiveable

to people who you are good friends with in this life.

Its not always meaningful

COuld be a past life memory

or one from childhood

But if it was one from childhood

Would you forget and forgive

thinking what your relationship was like before this idea

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

You've got a point, Skydog...I had an okay relationship with them - it's never been great, I never felt they understood me at all, but it wasn't terrible either. No I can't prove it 100% but I haven't been able to shake the feeling, things add up (or to be fair, I think they do)...I've done research, certain symptoms, certain things get triggered when looking at certain information, but it could be a past life or something like you said. They weren't my parents, but a few years ago I was in contact with people who I know were into ritual magic (one of them at one point told me straight up he'd been performing Dark Rites with a group in parks - there is no way this is a false memory, it was just a few years ago) so maybe it has something to do with that.

So no, I can't totally prove anything and I'm moving anyway so I'll have time and space to contemplate.

• Like 2

You've got a point, Skydog...I had an okay relationship with them - it's never been great, I never felt they understood me at all, but it wasn't terrible either. No I can't prove it 100% but I haven't been able to shake the feeling, things add up (or to be fair, I think they do)...I've done research, certain symptoms, certain things get triggered when looking at certain information, but it could be a past life or something like you said. They weren't my parents, but a few years ago I was in contact with people who I know were into ritual magic (one of them at one point told me straight up he'd been performing Dark Rites with a group in parks - there is no way this is a false memory, it was just a few years ago) so maybe it has something to do with that.

So no, I can't totally prove anything and I'm moving anyway so I'll have time and space to contemplate.

It's so hard when it comes to memories. Sometimes I have to think if some of mine are true, or if I have exaggerated stuff or even told myself stuff that I believe but didn't even happen.

Have you thought about looking into psychology and the academic side? This might help you.

• Like 1

I agree. My memory is pretty good (I take Gingko Biloba, bro...) but I'm talking about highly traumatic experiences here...as said before though, there's no real way to prove anything 100%.

I did see a Psychologist closer to the time this all came up and he basically pussy-footed around the issue, but that could have been because I was still somewhat in shock at the time.

We move forward.

• Like 1

We do move forward and being able to talk about past stuff to a skilled and trusted listener is super- useful rather than bottling it all up and making ourselves worse.

Might not be for you but the MBCT link via that hyperlink in my sig may be of interest.

Either way Unseen- Abilities best wishes and all good luck to you for continuing positive progress.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I agree. My memory is pretty good (I take Gingko Biloba, bro...) but I'm talking about highly traumatic experiences here...as said before though, there's no real way to prove anything 100%.

I did see a Psychologist closer to the time this all came up and he basically pussy-footed around the issue, but that could have been because I was still somewhat in shock at the time.

We move forward.

Cool. I was thinking more if you were to look into Psycology yourself though :)

• Like 1

Hi,

I actually wanted to point out the same like skydog: Traumatic experiences can originate from this life, from the prenatal time or from a or several life(s) before. The more recent the more likely, though.

There is a therapist, that works with classical hypnosis and has as well additional alternative approach (family constellation work, time line therapy, radionics etc.). I don't know him personally, but I follow his newsletter for more than 10 years, so I do think he is competent. http://www.hpz-usa.com/ And most definitely he would not tiptoe around a topic...

If you consider dark rites to be the root of these issues, maybe try a system that can help you building up a shield to protect yourself. Btw.: IMHO the more you let potential negative energies roam inside your mind the more it will be able to affect you (resonance).

I encourage you to stick to a martial art like Aikido. Not only does it have a nice flow, but as well it contains a lot of falling and rolling which is very beneficial to overcome fears and traumas. Alternatively I can recommend Hap Ki Do or Jiu Jitsu, which are a bit harder and more aggressive, depending on your preferences.

all the best!

• Like 1

Hi forest_quarter,

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm a long way from that therapist, but thanks all the same.

If I had to call it something other people would understand, my approach is basically the Chaos Magic kind: Freestyle, non-dogmatic and actually proving to be an extremely helpful, healthy, valuable part of my life. I can shield no problem now.

About Aikido...I've left it for now after all - most of the people I've done it with are good guys and everything, but it's just lacked the Martial feel I want in my training at the time being. There's no Hap Ki Do in this city (I just got a book on it though, and the guy I'm living with does Martial Arts too :) )...I might take a look at some Jujustu, but I've got an opportunity to learn some Uechi-ryū Karate which, based on the YouTube videos, could be exactly what I'm after right now.

Unseen_Abilities

• Like 2

MA is tops.

Any style cultivated diligently is better than no style plus you get to meet new people at the dojo.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

Agreed. I've hopped around from place to place over the few years I've been training without really sticking to one style, but I've been changing and I've left when whatever club I was at began feeling wrong *shrugs*

Bring on Uechi!

I started out in judo as a kid then played bagua for years cos we lived near a great dojo.

Also had a few years playing eskrima. That was very therapeutic, whacking six bells out of opponents with a stick.

Too old, slow and creaky for any MA now so I switched to QiGong.

Fancied teaching 'walking cane self defence' to seniors until I found out how much the insurance company wanted.

PI insurance for QiGong is £60 a year for half a million cover and no excess.

TaiChi without weapons is £300 double that with ( specified) weapons.

For Walking Cane SD they wanted an extra £1,200 with a £1,000 excess.

Hence very little WCSD gets taught in the UK.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Hi,

I actually wanted to point out the same like skydog: Traumatic experiences can originate from this life, from the prenatal time or from a or several life(s) before. The more recent the more likely, though.

There is a therapist, that works with classical hypnosis and has as well additional alternative approach (family constellation work, time line therapy, radionics etc.). I don't know him personally, but I follow his newsletter for more than 10 years, so I do think he is competent. http://www.hpz-usa.com/ And most definitely he would not tiptoe around a topic...

If you consider dark rites to be the root of these issues, maybe try a system that can help you building up a shield to protect yourself. Btw.: IMHO the more you let potential negative energies roam inside your mind the more it will be able to affect you (resonance).

I encourage you to stick to a martial art like Aikido. Not only does it have a nice flow, but as well it contains a lot of falling and rolling which is very beneficial to overcome fears and traumas. Alternatively I can recommend Hap Ki Do or Jiu Jitsu, which are a bit harder and more aggressive, depending on your preferences.

all the best!

Can I ask what is meant by "dark rites"? As in, born into a dark environment with bad spirits etc (and needing to escape?)

Curious, just as I feel that is my past!

Also, are dark entities moving my stuff in my house? It seems that whenever I'm very busy, things go missing and get put in weird places.

Some would just say it's me being absent-minded...but when I do find the "misplaced" items, they are in places that makes absolutely no sense.

I mean, places where I know consciously I haven't been since the item went missing.

Is this all related to the memories we hold and the ones we don't? Maybe I am moving these things and erasing them from memory somehow...

Edit:

I should add, not just when I'm busy, it's when I'm stressed in conjunction with it all. That's when the strange dreams come too...

I just wonder. If I can thread this all together somehow, I could possinly help Unseen_Abilities more

Edited by Rara

As long as you can find the stuff that was moved, if itvwas spirits that moved it then it's more likely to be someone attracting attention from spirit than anything 'dark'.

We have a chap at the centre a widower and after his wife passed for quite a while she moved a framed photo that was on the mantlepiece from one side to another quite regularly.

He'd go to bed with it on the left and when he got up it was over to the right side.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1