Starjumper

Colors of Dragons

i havnt seen any dragons for a bit but i know they are still around.

the darker one you posted i have met a very similar one. (without the teeth tho, or at least he wasnt showing teeth)

last couple of nights i have been visited by a pair of bears(standing upright)

And there you have it. Thank you, my friends, for playing along with the guessing game.

So here it is. It turns out I'm a black dragon, I wonder what the Chinese would think if they knew one of their dragons was a gringo hiding in South American wilderness? This lifetime, it's like I'm in an extremely different world/society than the kinds I typically inhabited in previous lives. Why? I don't know. That's why I'm curious about stories of dragons of different colors and their characteristics. Most curious about black dragons, although my spirit guide/guardian is a white dragon, so I'm curious about them too.

Thank you Soaring Crane for coming up with yellow/gold, I feel it's a compliment, and that color probably does match my character the best =) Gatito, I had to look up what color Magnolia is, I like that color and those flowers; the following morning, as the sun rose over the Amazon and shone upwards across the peaks of the Andes onto my clouds, the color was Magnilia.

But Idiot Stimpy got it, the Black Dragon, also know as the Dark Warrior. an emblem I chose for myself long ago without knowing that the Dark Warrior from the North is also the Black Dragon.

And Captain, who is leaning on Red Dragons shoulder after all? And true blue, like the color of my sky, is one of my favorite colors.

So cheers ... now what ...

Edited by Starjumper

Thank you Soaring Crane for coming up with yellow/gold, I feel it's a compliment, and that color probably does match my character the best =)

I didn't come up with it on my own, and it's not a compliment ;) It's from your Day Master in your four pillars chart, i.e. your pre-birth designation (which is why it matches your character best). But your post-birth intuitive Black (water) Dragon is probably the right choice for you, so long as you feel close to it.

• Like 1

Zeros, by dark dragon do you mean the green on that's kind of shaded out? Since I was recently pondering this question of color, before getting the answer, I thought green was my favorite ... but I usually wear black.

I was wondering about the color and right away a new student volunteers they had a dream about a dragon coming to town, (I hadn't told him about dragons) so I asked what color it was and that's how I learned the color.

starjumper, the one at the bottom of the OP with all those teeth.

like i mentioned when he visited he wasnt showing the teeth.

he is not the only dragon visitor i have ever had tho.

• Like 1

I wonder what the Chinese would think if they knew one of their dragons was a gringo hiding in South American wilderness?

Xinjiang terrorist.... good timing on the question...

Scarey, that's where my chi kung, and maybe the dragons, comes from, the Tien Shan mountains. Did you know that?

Edited by Starjumper

Scarey, that's where my chi kung, and maybe the dragons, comes from, the Tien Shan mountains. Did you know that?

of course not... how the F*! can I know this... but sometimes inner speaks to inner... I simply saw something.

Concerning the Dark Warrior connection, when I picked this symbol for my website over twenty years ago I didn't know it was sometimes called the Dark Warrior, I just thought it was a cool yin yang symbol:

TortoiseSnake.jpg

And my favorite T shirt was the one with this exact same image on it. I wore it a lot and a lot of people liked it. It was kind of like I was parading around in my label without knowing it, over twenty years before I realized the connection, so that's like a verification for me.

Also I have no idea what this is all about and don't really care either. It's like WTF ... is this all about, and why me?

One thing for sure is the black dragon is the mystic, and it moves like water. The quote "be like water" comes from my lineage =)

of course not... how the F*! can I know this... but sometimes inner speaks to inner... I simply saw something.

I was just checking in case you had found out by reading my website or posts or something like that.

starjumper, the one at the bottom of the OP with all those teeth.

like i mentioned when he visited he wasnt showing the teeth.

he is not the only dragon visitor i have ever had tho.

Yah, I know, the thrill seeking artists can hardly resist painting a dragon with gaping jaws, I susggest they usually keep their yaps shut and only do the gaping thing like 0.1% of the time =) what do you think?

Concerning the Dark Warrior connection, when I picked this symbol for my website over twenty years ago I didn't know it was sometimes called the Dark Warrior, I just thought it was a cool yin yang symbol:

TortoiseSnake.jpg

And my favorite T shirt was the one with this exact same image on it. I wore it a lot and a lot of people liked it. It was kind of like I was parading around in my label without knowing it, over twenty years before I realized the connection, so that's like a verification for me.

Also I have no idea what this is all about and don't really care either. It's like WTF ... is this all about, and why me?

One thing for sure is the black dragon is the mystic, and it moves like water. The quote "be like water" comes from my lineage =)

A normal reaction to your color would be RED... emotionally reactive but that is just surface level.

A real understanding is black... deep, enigma, void seeking and emerging.

Void is deeply misunderstood as nothing; it is everything.

• Like 1

The "dark warrior" is the main deity of the Wudang mountains, since the 13th century.

玄武: "xuan" is the dark color, can also be translated as "mysterious", "secret" and so on. You have that character in the "mysterious female 玄牝in the Daode jing.

Wu is "martial". It is related to the tortoise that is protection, and the snake that has venom.

It has become the symbol of the north, and its related element, water.

The other deity that has human form is 真武, the "true warrior", and is an immortal (meaning he was human before becoming a divinity). He is frequently pictured with the tortoise and snake at his feet.

Some historians think there is a connection with the indian deity Mahakala.

Edited by baiqi
  • Like 2

I thought Xuan Tian Sheng Di (Emperor of the northern/dark/mysterious heavens) aka Xuan Wu aka Pak Tai was one of the Winds (south is Pheonix, west is White Tiger, and east is the blue/azure Dragon), northern wind/direction represented by the snake and tortoise, but maybe the dragons symbolize him also?

The snake and tortoise were originally his intestines and stomach, wich he cut out and washed in a river to cleanse himself of all the filth and meat he had eaten. He had just passed Kuan Yins test of mercy and wanted to atone, the stunt killed him and he was raised to immortailty, but had to hunt down and subdue his guts and stomach who had by then turned to a snake demon and a tortoise demon. He kicked their asses basically and subdued them to serve him, also as a means of transportation. After that and then some he was promoted to No. 1 Heavenly General, he currently holds this position still.

I've pieced this together so im probably not correct on the details everywhere but the legend is reported in its entire state in "Journey to the North" apparently, hard to find book, still digging.

Black dragons are water and yin so related to Xuan Wu but maybe more under his dominion, but hey there seem to be different traditions for everything so why not this? Not discrediting anyone, just adding.

I always felt close the snake and tortoise myself, even though i've always dug the southern styles and ideas and my pai is under Guan Gongs protection, he's top dog in our book. But im a viking of the north so it evens out.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth

Dragons have much better eyesight than humans, and they can clearly see their prey in the dark, so they can fly and walk at night, and can quickly find their prey and catch it. The hearing of dragons is similar to humans, but their feeling is very good and can perceive the movement of objects.Dragons can fly and swim, and some types of dragons can breathe in water.
Dragons can do breathe fire. Different types of dragons have different attacks. For example, red dragons can jet flames, blue dragons can jet lightning and so on. Dragons are a terrifying and powerful creature, and they can also use some magic. Most of them live in caves and love treasures, so there are usually a lot of treasures where they live.