Alchemistgeorge

3 recent books from Chinese Health Qigong Association

In January, they released 3 additional titles:

Anyone know what specific effects or special benefits each of these have? The descriptions on Amazon aren't very helpful, Redwing doesn't carry them yet. FWIW I tried searching for these terms in the forums before posting but did not find them

• Like 1

The Mawang Dui stuff is reconstructed from the daoyin paintings, it is the Chinese equivalent of say Nordic revival rituals based on existing materials, an odd project of, at best, experimental archaeology. It is NOT and should not be viewed as a consistent line of dao yin through history. It's benefits? That will depend on who did the reconstruction and their knowledge.

As for the others, can't comment.

• Like 1

The Mawang Dui stuff is reconstructed from the daoyin paintings, it is the Chinese equivalent of say Nordic revival rituals based on existing materials, an odd project of, at best, experimental archaeology. It is NOT and should not be viewed as a consistent line of dao yin through history. It's benefits? That will depend on who did the reconstruction and their knowledge. As for the others, can't comment.

Thanks! I suspected that might be the case. I always wonder if there is any commentary that accompanies paintings like this.

I haven't yet read Livia Kohn's book Chinese Healing Exercises: The Tradition of Daoyin - I don't know if that would throw any light on these archeological findings.

Professor Zhang Guangde is one of China's top teachers in Qigong so I personally would recommend the Daoyin Yangsheng Gong (I know a little of that myself).

• Like 1