tyler zambori

Question on doing cleansing ceremony on roof

My friend's husband killed himself on the roof of the poolhouse last week, and she would like to do a cleansing ceremony. It's not to get rid of his lingering spirit, but to claim the house for her own. She told her therapist that now she feels like she just lost her home, even though she owns the house, and the therapist told her to not let him take her home from her.

So it;s going to be a smudging ceremony, but I would like suggestions for doing the roof.

Since it's not inside, the smoke would dissipate of course.

I'm thinking once the area is cleaned up, we should just put salt on the surface of the roof ahead of time, maybe?

I don't really want to do a wiccan opening and closing, because western magick has bad connotations for me.

He also got the christmas tree out of storage and put it up in the living room just before doing the deed. So I'm planning to reclaim the tree too, probably with a christian reference.

Disclaimer: this is a very painful thing, so anybody who wants to make snarky or derogatory comments, please just don't say anything.

Anyway helpful suggestiosn would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can I make one small point? You don't have to do the work directly on the roof. Doing it at the spot it happened would be psychologically significant perhaps, but spiritually it doesn't make a difference, and could also work against you if you don't feel secure and safe.

Good luck :-)

My friend's husband killed himself on the roof of the poolhouse last week, and she would like to do a cleansing ceremony. It's not to get rid of his lingering spirit, but to claim the house for her own. She told her therapist that now she feels like she just lost her home, even though she owns the house, and the therapist told her to not let him take her home from her.

So it;s going to be a smudging ceremony, but I would like suggestions for doing the roof.

Since it's not inside, the smoke would dissipate of course.

I'm thinking once the area is cleaned up, we should just put salt on the surface of the roof ahead of time, maybe?

I don't really want to do a wiccan opening and closing, because western magick has bad connotations for me.

He also got the christmas tree out of storage and put it up in the living room just before doing the deed. So I'm planning to reclaim the tree too, probably with a christian reference.

Disclaimer: this is a very painful thing, so anybody who wants to make snarky or derogatory comments, please just don't say anything.

Anyway helpful suggestiosn would be appreciated.

Thanks

Buckets of blessed salt water onto the roof will help a lot.

Also, the main reason she feels this way is because his troubled spirit *is* still around. Unfortunately it can be quite unhealthy to have a spirit of a person who commuted suicide around no matter how much you love them :(. I recommend helping them cross over if you can, and if not get a spiritual elder to help with this.

• Like 1

u could also use plant to help u cleanse ur space.. u just program the plants asking to to cleanse or remove watever u desire it to do. some people use violet flame engulf there space help it cleansing.

• Like 1