Age Sage

Internal Training w/Sam F.S. Chin (I Liq Chuan) in Boston, MA March 29-30, 2014

For anyone interested in training for internal power, GM Sam F.S. Chin (lineage holder of I Liq Chuan internal martial art) will be teaching a seminar in Boston, Mass. on March 29 and 30, 2014. The 2-day workshop will be an overview and intro to the critical elements for developing and applying internal power and connectivity.

His focus on mindfulness, awareness, and taiji and Chan (Zen) principles as the training approach, might be of interest to some folks here.

You can check out seminar details, as well as background info on Master Chin, his art, and philosophy, on the ILC website at iliqchuan.com

Edited by Age Sage
  • Like 3

Reminder: This seminar is coming up in a few weeks!

Anyone interested in going, please check out the details using the link in the previous post. To get the early bird discount, pre-register by March 10.

Edited by Age Sage

Sam is one of the nicest and humblest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and learning from. A teacher with genuine internal gong fu ability, and a willingness to show, explain and teach it to those who visit with him. This is expressed further in the abilities of his students.

He is on the top of my list when it comes to neijiaquan. I hope all those that attend enjoy the seminar.

Best,

• Like 6

The master... his philosophy:

He speaks of achieving total integration of mind and body thru applied awareness in the way of suchness.

• Like 2

He definitely is all that. And a wonderful person, too. He lives what he teaches, and is kind and compassionate.

• Like 1

I wish that I had been able to attend the Western Retreat a few weeks ago. I am going to have to find a way to get out to Durham to practice with Ben's group sometime when I get back on my feet. It stinks that Sigung's son lives here in Nashville, but is not teaching.

• Like 1

Prince, a lot of video from the Western Retreat was posted on the I Liq Chuan Facebook page and some of the ILC pages set up by individual members. It looks like everyone had an amazing time, and the teaching and training was what you'd expect! If you have FB access and haven't seen the clips, let me know and I'll post links for you.

A very nice, gentle and knowledgeable person. I met him a number of years ago in NYC.

Don't miss the opportunity to study with him

Prince, a lot of video from the Western Retreat was posted on the I Liq Chuan Facebook page and some of the ILC pages set up by individual members. It looks like everyone had an amazing time, and the teaching and training was what you'd expect! If you have FB access and haven't seen the clips, let me know and I'll post links for you.

I haven't been on Facebook much lately, but I should be able to find them. I know Sifu Ashe was posting to his YouTube account. I am in Sifu Kelley Graham's distance program, but I think I may need to find a way to touch hands with people closer. It's not so easy to make it to Tucson regularly and my off days when I start my new job will be Friday-Saturday.

I was originally planning to attend, though. I really wanted to meet Dasha. I've been a fan of hers even before I started trying to learn ILC.

I've met Dasha once. She is not only a first-rate ILC practitioner and martial artist, but a really wonderful human being as well. She did a seminar in, I think, Portland OR after the AZ intensive.

It looks like I can't post a direct link here (maybe I haven't posted enough on Tao Bums to be trusted as a non-spammer?) If you look up I Liq Chuan - The Martial Art of Awareness on Facebook it will give you the page. There's a really good clip of Sifu Chin teaching structure that was posted on Feb. 26 (at the retreat), and also a bunch of other clips including master classes at his home in NY.

Kelley Graham occasionally streams his classes live on one of the dedicated internal arts FB pages, and I have greatly enjoyed watching them. It's not like training hands on with a partner, but there is a lot of stuff that can be done solo to work the structure and self-unification.

Seminar is coming up this Saturday!

Anyone interested in internal training is welcome.

For info, go to iliqchuan.com

Seminar is coming up this Saturday!

Anyone interested in internal training is welcome.

For info, go to iliqchuan.com

How was the workshop?

Also-- I am a long distance student of Kelley Graham. If you look at a few videos on his YouTube channel, you will see me spinning with a few people. Also, some of his lecture series-- you can hear him talking to me in a few of them. :)

Sigung told me that his oldest son is here in Nashville. I wish I could get a workshop going here, though. :(

249543_10151068851697555_164723626_n.jpg