#1 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4425 posts
  • Interests:bagua qigong

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:58 AM

Wrote a little essay on semen retention dangers. No news in there for anyone who 's been around for a while, but will be a useful reference for newbies, future conversations. If anyone wants to say more on this topic for posterity (and there's probably plenty more to say), this thread 'd be a good place.

#2 sunshine

sunshine

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

Wrote a little essay on semen retention dangers. No news in there for anyone who 's been around for a while, but will be a useful reference for newbies, future conversations. If anyone wants to say more on this topic for posterity (and there's probably plenty more to say), this thread 'd be a good place.

Much appreciated!!!

:)

#3 Ryan McCoole

Ryan McCoole

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:19 AM

Much appreciated!!!

:)

My Thanks as well!
always flow

#4 Spectrum

Spectrum

Yee Chuan Tao / Yi Quan Dao

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

Might want to add something about the dangers of retro-ejaculation from the HT "locking" methods.
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#5 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4425 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

Might want to add something about the dangers of retro-ejaculation from the HT "locking" methods.

You missed it: At the bottom of the essay is a link to MWinn's post about the "million dollar point".

~ later edit ~
Added a phrase by the link to Winn's post, in case people aren't familiar with the term: "million dollar point".

Manual locking techniques are not recommended!

#6 MatthewQi

MatthewQi

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

Well, hmm...

In my experience, the million $ point technique works well (with the big draw). Good to consider moving beyond that, but I wouldn't rule it out as a valuable technique.

Best!

Matt
"The Tao will come to you if you Simplify Involvements, Remove Desires, and Quiet the Mind" -Chang San-Feng

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2066 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:25 AM

I have a simmilar experience.
The Finger Lock works, but you have to move the energy, otherwise you get trouble.
If you cannot do the Big Draw after it, Testicle Breathing works as well.

Lill'

宁 / Ning

Rambunctious much?

Warm reminder: "中国绝学不传外国人, 大家谨记, 传出去的都是些皮毛"

#8 turbo

turbo

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

Trunk,

I skimmed the essay, and did not find any mention of what period of time you consider retention. A week, two, a month? When is one practicing retention versus general energy management? ie: I'd better not tonight as I've got a big day tomorrow.

Thanks for the wisdom on your site, its a gold mine.

#9 agharta

agharta

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:00 AM

My question about retetion, which probably isn't a fair one, is: How can I predict/control when ejaculating will actually give me MORE energy? This has happened at least 3 times in the last 9 years or so, since I started paying attention.

#10 Ryan McCoole

Ryan McCoole

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

I've read it gives more energy right after, but then your body works to replenish the Jing and it slows you down. However there have been times where I'm like "Ah! I needed to release here because the toxins were building up, etc."

Edited by Ryan McCoole, 08 July 2007 - 08:05 AM.

always flow

#11 Spectrum

Spectrum

Yee Chuan Tao / Yi Quan Dao

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

Test your Ph. Ride it like a wave. There are down cycles and there are upcycles.
AVMNOP
spectrum vidavlan
Yee Chuan Tao
Taoist Martial Healing

#12 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4425 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

I skimmed the essay, and did not find any mention of what period of time you consider retention. A week, two, a month? When is one practicing retention versus general energy management? ie: I'd better not tonight as I've got a big day tomorrow.

"S. retention" means that you've had aroused sexual activity, to the extent that you've approached orgasm, and then you've with-held ejaculation. Choosing not to have sex is different.
Added to the essay, for clarity:

(By the way, "semen retention" refers to when there's been aroused sexual activity, approaching orgasm, but no ejaculation. Saved aroused jing is much more difficult to harmonize and refine than unaroused.)

In my experience, the million $ point technique works well (with the big draw). Good to consider moving beyond that, but I wouldn't rule it out as a valuable technique.

None of the dangers listed are %100 garunteed to cause injury; some people get hurt, some don't. I assume MWinn saw a high enough proportion of people get hurt with the million $ point, that he wrote what he wrote. Same thing with the way iron shirt packing used to be taught; some few people would show up on the boards and describe getting great stuff out of it, but also enough people were getting hurt that the percentages weren't good - and there are safer ways to do it anyway. "Individual cases may vary."

#13 MatthewQi

MatthewQi

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

Ironically, after having used the million $ point with big draw for a couple months and then when I ejaculated the day after or so I had many of my deeper spiritual experiences / openings.
"The Tao will come to you if you Simplify Involvements, Remove Desires, and Quiet the Mind" -Chang San-Feng

#14 Yoda

Yoda

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4590 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:55 PM

Here's the vid:

#15 iadnon

iadnon

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

The pressing finger works fine... just to stop shooting! Anyway I don't trust that technique as something healthy. I thing it's better to shoot it all if you fail to surf the crest.

When I started up using it (some years ago), I found out it appeared some tension from the anus to the tip of the penis after using it in an orgasm, as a slim tension cable. The sensation was there for some days.

In another place I read that you had to massage the perineum part and the testes after such practice in order to release the tension.

The saw says: let the water flow...
"I am who I shall be". The burning bush

#16 vortex

vortex

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3665 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:23 AM

Same thing with the way iron shirt packing used to be taught; some few people would show up on the boards and describe getting great stuff out of it, but also enough people were getting hurt that the percentages weren't good - and there are safer ways to do it anyway. "Individual cases may vary."

Interesting, is there an article or post on the dangers of iron shirt packing too?
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung
The ability to see in realtime that experience is not self is called enlightenment. - Kenneth Folk
Knowledge can be taught, but skill must be practiced.
Donít move the body Ė you train your Qi. Donít move your mind Ė you train your Spirit. - Fong Ha
I used to sit in full-lotus even on the can but there's not a lot of space in my bathroom. - drewhempel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users