juliank

Ego and Attachment

If this scenario would qualify it as Useful, I offer it up to the OP.

Personally, I would consider that as useful. Yes. It helped you get out of a condition that was contrary to your true nature, didn't it?

Self-indulgence is a nasty disease. Yes, it feels good at the beginning. Allows us to dismiss 'real' problems we have in our life. But soon they too become 'real' problems in our life. Nothing solved, only more problem added.

But I will suggest that your ego was still at work as it drove you to become a 'better' (in your own eyes) person.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

I'll start a new thread on that topic, rather than derail this one. But I'm busy, so it may be a few days. @Jetsun, yes you will never find it on a map or by any kind of intellectual process. CT & Starjumper, agree that "discussing" the ego is speculative at best and can hinder growth.

The OP was asking for an explanation, in order to quantify the mental processes he has witnessed. There isn't one worth repeating or wasting one's time looking for. But there is a means of locating it within meditation, of turning the attention onto it - if one is ready.

I'm looking forward to reading the details, as it sounds as if you might be going to be discuss practical (de facto :)) Buddhism.

I was going to start a thread on this but I think that I'll wait for you to start and contribute if I feel that I have anything constructive to add because I'm also rather pressed for time at the moment.

Could you bump this thread with the link when you get around to it please?

Thanks in anticipation.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to reading the details, as it sounds as if you might be going to be discuss practical (de facto :)) Buddhism.

I was going to start a thread on this but I think that I'll wait for you to start and contribute if I feel that I have anything constructive to add because I'm also rather pressed for time at the moment.

Could you bump this thread with the link when you get around to it please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Tis done!

• Like 1

I believe in de facto Buddhism.

:D

Yes, I'd sort of guessed that a while ago :D

I live with one as well :wub:

• Like 1