manitou

Can anyone see the Wu-Wei yet?

This is maybe the 3rd time in the past 4 years that I've tiptoed around this. Each and every time I get crunched by the Bums, lol. I'm hoping that one of these days there will be someone who actually sees the same thing I do. Please feel free to express your feeling that I am crazy.

My idea of the sorcery of wu-wei:

1. Do by not doing.

2. Let the problem come to you, in the form it presents.

3. Do not be premature in grabbing at the problem before it arrives at your doorstep. This would be to act out of fear or anxiety. This is absolutely wrong.

4. Always take the highest action, when you have to make the decision.

5. Do not let your ego affect your decision in any way. This can only be done after much inner work.

6. Then let it go and spin away from you, after you've taken the most loving action the

situation calls for, knowing that it will probably return in a different form.

7. Repeat as many times as necessary.

Is there anyone, anywhere, that can see this being done at the very upper echelon of the U.S government? Getting things done by not-doing?

• Like 1

I see just the opposite "being done at the very upper echelon of the U.S government," sadly. I see ever-increasing stridency and desperation.

I believe a significant change is coming, though.

• Like 1

4. Always take the highest action, when you have to make the decision.

5. Do not let your ego affect your decision in any way. This can only be done after much inner work.

6. Then let it go and spin away from you, after you've taken the most loving action the

situation calls for, knowing that it will probably return in a different form.

Is there anyone, anywhere, that can see this being done at the very upper echelon of the U.S government? Getting things done by not-doing?

???

Please recall that when B.O. first came into office, the first visitor to the White House, within a week, was S. Korea. I thought at the time How Odd. The second visitor formally received at the White House was Japan.

Shortly thereafter, N. Korea started shooting off missiles. Please recall that there was no peep from either S. Korea or Japan - no panic, no nothing. But our warships had formed a perimeter around N. Korea, no doubt with the intent of letting him shoot off within a particular distance, but anything beyond that would mean devastation for Kim Jung Il. Basically, what happened was that Kim Jung Il threw a party and nobody came. He lost face, a horrible thing.

Several weeks later, the Dalai Lama 'showed up' at the White House, uninvited and unannounced. It was put out in the press that the White House had to send him away, as the Chinese delegation hadn't been formally recognized yet. I don't believe for a moment that the Dalai Lama was actually sent away; they no doubt spoke, but the press release had to be otherwise so the Chinese wouldn't get offended. Please recall that the Dalai Lama returned to the White House shortly after China was received. There is no doubt in my mind that the Dalai Lama saw in B.O. the same thing I saw at the time of the N. Korea missile firing incident. The incident was resolved in a masterful way. My guess is that the Dalai Lama helped B.O. to explain to his cabinet the workings of wu-wei, doing by not-doing.

This has not worked out the way B.O. anticipated, his presidency. From day one his every move has been blocked by the right wing. But his wisdom has turned this into opportunity. Because he Sees, because he Knows how people will react to his every move, he gets things done by not-doing. He will flick a marble, let it spin, and then let it go. He knows that by not-doing, by not trying to manipulate anything, that things will align by the perfect workings of the Tao. This is how Health Care was passed; he just stood there and watched the right wing destroy themselves. This is what he's doing now. He sees the direction it's going - he knows he has to do nothing but observe. And when a decision comes to him, he makes it without ego, he makes the highest decision in front of him.

He knows that he cannot move an inch on the shutdown, to capitulate at all to the right wing. To do so would be to allow a crack to open that would involve not only his presidency but the presidencies of all in the future. It would mean that any extremists could extort any future president by threatening to not raise the debt limit or to shut down the workings of the government. He must stand firm. This man has the backbone to do so. And he was terribly underestimated by his opponents who assumed that he was a less-than-intelligent buffoon. In this particular case he used the innate prejudices lying within to utilize to the benefit of the nation, assuming one is in favor of health care for all. I, for one, am. I'm real tired of paying Emergency Room prices for those who are uninsured, for starters. Paying for a $100 doctors visit makes oh so much sense to me. And that's not even getting into the Love your Brother as Yourself aspects of why it is a good thing for everyone to have access to a doctor when they need it.

I've watched this phenomenon for over 4 years, and it hasn't varied. If no one else can see it yet, I'll bring it up again next year.

What about condoning hundreds of drone strikes and disregarding the collateral? It doesn't particularly seem like "the highest action" or "the most loving action" to me. Same thing with all the wall street bail-outs.

• Like 2

IMO, one underlying meta-battle being waged right now is between Taoist "natural" living vs "synthetic" (Big Pharma, GMOs, clones, drones, vaccines?, etc) override.

6ef5I5M.jpg

Nationalizing healthcare not only further subsidizes Big Pharma, but also creates the federal apparatus in advance necessary to eventually bi0chip everyone and increasingly merge machine into man. This is why Barry has been pushing it so hard for his secret society masters and corporate sponsors, against all majority grassroots opposition. Because it will one day allow them to completely remote control (monitor, manipulate, haxk, hijack, etc) the population like computerized N5A cyborgs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktXuZwC3ym4

project-glass-sergey-brin-400x266.jpg

That's their real endgame, yo! Create a technological crutch/electronic leash/poIice state that the next generations will become completely dependent on/self-enslaved with. Which is the exact OPPOSITE of individual liberation and natural, egoless free flow.

eG67qfp.jpg

Rule of Force vs Rule of Tao/Nature! Whereas real healthcare would be based upon naturally restoring natural health to everyone's bodies (as more typically practiced with various methods on this forum). :D

Edited by vortex

i think true wu-wei, when it's fully matured and unobstructed looks closer to THIS than anything you seem to be imagining.

I am speaking to the ability to do by not-doing which is what the Sage can do. You're speaking of the individual phenomena that occurs, the physical manifestation. True maturation of the kundalini gifts goes beyond just the individual; it involves sorcery. Kundalini is a mean to an end. You are focused on the means.

Most democratic governments are reactive rather than proactive most of the time, its not about Wu wei but about trying to be popular

Wu wei is probably easier to understand if you use the full phrase "wu wei wu". Emptiness, action, emptiness. It doesn't dictate what kind of action you make, as long as any action returns to emptiness. If you make the right action then I guess you will undoubtedly return to emptiness.

Wu wei is probably easier to understand if you use the full phrase "wu wei wu". Emptiness, action, emptiness. It doesn't dictate what kind of action you make, as long as any action returns to emptiness. If you make the right action then I guess you will undoubtedly return to emptiness.

i thought it was 'wei wu wei', maybe i wuz wrong.

i thought it was 'wei wu wei', maybe i wuz wrong.

Makes sense either way if it's a continuum. In any case I pulled the wu wei wu term from Bruce Frantzis. He describes it sort of like spontaneity. Like you're constantly in a state of emptiness and you come out of it to act and then go straight back into it. I think it's a much better way of explaining wu wei. The whole non-action thing never made any sense to be honest.

• Like 1

Makes sense either way if it's a continuum. In any case I pulled the wu wei wu term from Bruce Frantzis. He describes it sort of like spontaneity. Like you're constantly in a state of emptiness and you come out of it to act and then go straight back into it. I think it's a much better way of explaining wu wei. The whole non-action thing never made any sense to be honest.

I like this.

The "non-action" simply means to not take mental action but instead utilize instant harmony within the flow of Tao.

It is the way I explain and teach as well. http://qigongamerica.blogspot.com/2013/01/wu-wei-understanding-what-it-means.html

• Like 2

I've watched this phenomenon for over 4 years, and it hasn't varied. If no one else can see it yet, I'll bring it up again next year.

Perhaps no one can see it because it isn't there. I see no wei wu wei in Obama's actions. Every move you describe is a calculated political tactic, the antithesis of wei wu wei. He's got a team of high-priced advisors (not to mention an entire intelligence community) telling him what to expect if he chooses option A, B or C. I don't know if he even makes the final decisions - who can really know?

You misconstrue the concept when you confuse wei wu wei with intentionally standing back and watching your opponents hang themselves. It may be smart, crafty politics, but it's not Dao.

• Like 2

I'm with soaring crane. If someone is sitting back and silently watching their enemies destroy themselves, this is a tactic of cunning. It's literally the opposite of Tao, because it requires a complete disconnection from one's integrity. If our leaders were following the Tao (or if more Americans were), the country would be functioning well without much effort. It starts within you and I. Instead, we're seeing this government shutdown charade, constant talk of war with other nations (like N Korea, Syria, etc). Many many citizens are revolting against the obvious government corruption, which is a healthy balancing effect, but it actually reveals a state of imbalance.

More practice is necessary to harmonize this stuff.

• Like 3

Wu Wei, 無為, is do nothing adversely to interrupt with the course of Nature. This is the proper definition in the Tao Te Ching.

By do nothing or doing nothing does not define the philosophy of Wu Wei. "Do nothing" is not the correct definition, for Lao Tze, in the Tao Te Ching.

• Like 2

I am speaking to the ability to do by not-doing which is what the Sage can do. You're speaking of the individual phenomena that occurs, the physical manifestation. True maturation of the kundalini gifts goes beyond just the individual; it involves sorcery. Kundalini is a mean to an end. You are focused on the means.

you should have asked me for clarification. admittedly, my post could have been interpreted a number of ways, but you didn't give me nearly enough credit with your interpretation. it's all good, though. :)

my point is not to highlight the phenomenon being displayed, because what is being displayed is NOT an expression of the fully matured, unobstructed kundalini. the point is that the phenomenon that is displayed is arising out of non-doing. when the spiritual practitioner is fully mature and K is fully expressed without obstruction, the physical phenomenon will manifest as the natural flow of life, and right action will arise effortlessly of its own accord. however, such action will STILL be arising out of a state of non-doing, and not some list of behavior patterns that can be determined beforehand. there's no assumption of control of outcome, yet what comes out is backed by the momentum of nature itself.

what i'm suggesting is that wu wei is more a condition than it is an idea. what you have expressed so far is wu wei as merely an idea, alongsinde different acts and contrivances that you've decided can be rationalized under that idea. that's not any wu wei that i'm familiar with.

• Like 2

the phenomenon that is displayed is arising out of non-doing. when the spiritual practitioner is fully mature and K is fully expressed without obstruction, the physical phenomenon will manifest as the natural flow of life, and right action will arise effortlessly of its own accord. however, such action will STILL be arising out of a state of non-doing, and not some list of behavior patterns that can be determined beforehand. there's no assumption of control of outcome, yet what comes out is backed by the momentum of nature itself.

That's a pretty good description of Zifagong :-)

• Like 1

Wu Wei, 無為, is do nothing adversely to interrupt with the course of Nature.

Is it possible to interrupt the course of nature?

Edited by Bearded Dragon