Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Off topic derail, MPGs tips of saving money; now Prosperity and how to make money

"Many popular financial gurus (like Suze Orman) preach the importance of being very frugal and penny-pinching your way to greater abundance. The irony is that this advice is the direct opposite of what these gurus do to create wealth in their own lives. You think Suze Orman penny-pinched her way to financial freedom? Or saved her money and let a diverse investment portfolio accumulate over 40 years? Nope. She's an entrepreneur who has made millions of dollars by creating a book and media empire that fills a need that has tremendous emotional charge for people. The lesson here? If you're looking for TRUE financial freedom or more abundance in your life, it will never come from excessive frugality. Instead, focus on taking your passions and gifts and help people who are longing for what you uniquely offer. Every single entrepreneur I respect and consider a role model focuses on making MORE rather than spending LESS. This is one example of developing a prosperity mindset"

• Like 3

BN9AJNj.jpg

"Many popular financial gurus (like Suze Orman) preach the importance of being very frugal and penny-pinching your way to greater abundance. The irony is that this advice is the direct opposite of what these gurus do to create wealth in their own lives. You think Suze Orman penny-pinched her way to financial freedom? Or saved her money and let a diverse investment portfolio accumulate over 40 years? Nope. She's an entrepreneur who has made millions of dollars by creating a book and media empire that fills a need that has tremendous emotional charge for people. The lesson here? If you're looking for TRUE financial freedom or more abundance in your life, it will never come from excessive frugality. Instead, focus on taking your passions and gifts and help people who are longing for what you uniquely offer. Every single entrepreneur I respect and consider a role model focuses on making MORE rather than spending LESS. This is one example of developing a prosperity mindset"

lol I seem to remember a while back you insulted me, and made deragotary comments saying it wasnt possible stop being an idiot etc when I asked how to make money and live a life I love.

I remember reading how you work 60 hour weeks in a job you feel "you sold out too"

I've been selling some paintings, have been doing a lot of work on financial abundance, am going travelling soon, whilst making art, gained a nice inheritance too.

Cant help feeling like you spread a lot of ignorance.

Edited by skydog
  • Like 4

Edited by skydog

Ok saving money is good, good post, but I wouldnt reccomend one go too extreme with that, When I went to India this was my mindset constant fear of spending money, it sorta creates that reality, and look at that narveen guy, if Im not mistaken he said he was rich, what is his attitude towards extreme emphasis on saving money/scarcity?

It will be 80 hours a week starting in January.

I know youll probably say "bullshit" but if you work on your beliefs, it is a matter of time, before reality changes. Like with women believe your good with women, confident, all women love you, tends to create that..

Also abundance can be but is not neccessarily money.

• Like 1

I know youll probably say "bullshit" but if you work on your beliefs, it is a matter of time, before reality changes. Like with women believe your good with women, confident, all women love you, tends to create that..

k

I've used one of these(older model, probably fiskars as well) when I was around 6-8 years old. I would mow a couple of houses lawns for an ice cream and I don't remember it being that tough to work with.

I am buying one soon, so I'll let you know how it goes. I've read the various reviews and forum discussions on that model and evidently they are much easier to mow with than previous generation manual lawn mowers.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

The irony is that this advice is the direct opposite of what these gurus do to create wealth in their own lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingvar_Kamprad

Billionaire Ingvar Kamprad begs to differ.

Kamprad drives a 1993 Volvo, flies only economy class, recycles tea bags and is known to pocket the salt and pepper packets at restaurants.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingvar_Kamprad

Billionaire Ingvar Kamprad begs to differ.

Kamprad drives a 1993 Volvo, flies only economy class, recycles tea bags and is known to pocket the salt and pepper packets at restaurants.

Well actually that post I made was a quote from a site about entrepreneurial motivation etc.

A lot of the time people say things which are beliefs or extreme/ skewed paradigms to force people out of their old paradigms and take them to a state of balance.

Yeh I like to save money, where I can.

But I also think that being overly focused on saving money, can come from a great fear, a fear of losing money.

A scarcity mentality way of thinking, instead of an abundance mentality way of thinking.

Its sort of like a science, ones brain looks for proof that its beliefs are correct.

If one has a relationship with money where they look at money and feel love, safety, freedom, abundance etc, they will act very differently to someone else who looks at money and feels hate, worry, struggle, scarcity etc.

If one thinks all rich people are corrupt, evil, unspiritual, unkind, a burden on society, uncool, unmanly etc they may behave and think completely differently to someone who thinks all rich people are kind, giving, spiritual, a bonus for society, cool, masculine etc.

Not sure if Im rambling here.

Basically fearing something can often make a fear more of a reality because ones brain concentrates on the fear more. Like for example if one is walking a tight rope or at a high altitude a bridge and they keep thinking about falling their brain is concentrating on falling, so what one focuses on expands, I think thats kind of like a kung fu concentration exercise to keep ones mind in the present or something.

If one is shopping and concerns themself more with the quality and goes for what they want, instead of trying to consider whether something is cheap or not, they are acting like a rich person does.

Or if one never gives away money/tips people they might be living in a scarcity mindset of "I dont have enough" this belief might create the reality, versus a lot of rich people, who just keep giving and giving, because they feel like they have limitless abundance.

Yeh, I realise some of this may seem fancy, or whatever, but it also works, just like what I said about a guy who feels he is worthless, unnattractive loser, and a guy who is the same person but feels confident and attractive, the guy who feels confident and attractive, will probably be more likely to find proof of his belief in reality, or dressing well, not critisizing himself, good body language etc.

• Like 1

Here is the deal bro, every penny I save gets spent on things that matter more to me.

The things I posted here are mostly common sense stuff to help you save money.

The idea is to be wise in how you choose to spend the money you earn, to maximize the return on your investment from your job.

Well actually that post I made was a quote from a site about entrepreneurial motivation etc.

A lot of the time people say things which are beliefs or extreme/ skewed paradigms to force people out of their old paradigms and take them to a state of balance.

Yeh I like to save money, where I can.

But I also think that being overly focused on saving money, can come from a great fear, a fear of losing money.

A scarcity mentality way of thinking, instead of an abundance mentality way of thinking.

Its sort of like a science, ones brain looks for proof that its beliefs are correct.

If one has a relationship with money where they look at money and feel love, safety, freedom, abundance etc, they will act very differently to someone else who looks at money and feels hate, worry, struggle, scarcity etc.

If one thinks all rich people are corrupt, evil, unspiritual, unkind, a burden on society, uncool, unmanly etc they may behave and think completely differently to someone who thinks all rich people are kind, giving, spiritual, a bonus for society, cool, masculine etc.

Not sure if Im rambling here.

Basically fearing something can often make a fear more of a reality because ones brain concentrates on the fear more. Like for example if one is walking a tight rope or at a high altitude a bridge and they keep thinking about falling their brain is concentrating on falling, so what one focuses on expands, I think thats kind of like a kung fu concentration exercise to keep ones mind in the present or something.

If one is shopping and concerns themself more with the quality and goes for what they want, instead of trying to consider whether something is cheap or not, they are acting like a rich person does.

Or if one never gives away money/tips people they might be living in a scarcity mindset of "I dont have enough" this belief might create the reality, versus a lot of rich people, who just keep giving and giving, because they feel like they have limitless abundance.

Yeh, I realise some of this may seem fancy, or whatever, but it also works, just like what I said about a guy who feels he is worthless, unnattractive loser, and a guy who is the same person but feels confident and attractive, the guy who feels confident and attractive, will probably be more likely to find proof of his belief in reality, or dressing well, not critisizing himself, good body language etc.

• Like 1

Being frugal is sort of an interesting mental exercise in and of itself and generally lessens environmental impact too. Thanks for the tech tips, not my forte. Have been washing my hair with baking soda, less money and less harmful chemicals on my head and down the drain, hair feels good and not itchy.

In my experience, the best money saving "method" was to sit down and decide what I value.

Do I value a cup of coffee every day? Nope. Do I value healthy-ish food? Yep.

Do I value going out to eat? Sometimes.

Do I value my training? Hells yea!

So I dont spend on stuff I dont really care about.

some people really love eating out. Some people love having a nice apartment or car. To them, the value is there.

Spend on what is really important.

Also, making a graph chart to keep a track of income and expenses has helped me allot.

I put the dates for each bill and income. That way, I know on the 15th, when I have a certain amount of money, on the 20th a certain amount will be taken out of it. I wont spend it.

Helps to keep it out of your head.

This blog has really good information, I feel. http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/

Peace!

• Like 3

In my experience, the best money saving "method" was to sit down and decide what I value.

Do I value a cup of coffee every day? Nope. Do I value healthy-ish food? Yep.

Do I value going out to eat? Sometimes.

Do I value my training? Hells yea!

So I dont spend on stuff I dont really care about.

some people really love eating out. Some people love having a nice apartment or car. To them, the value is there.

Spend on what is really important.

Also, making a graph chart to keep a track of income and expenses has helped me allot.

I put the dates for each bill and income. That way, I know on the 15th, when I have a certain amount of money, on the 20th a certain amount will be taken out of it. I wont spend it.

Helps to keep it out of your head.

This blog has really good information, I feel. http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/

Peace!

Nice post.

I prefer to think in terms of ABUNDANCE rather than money.

ABUNDANCE is having the things one wants, living a lifestyle that pleases the heart, makes one feel free, safe etc etc.

Money CAN create abundance, but also might not, It MAY also hinder abundance as one is more focused on creating money rather than abundance. To chase money at the expense of ABUNDANCE is foolish imo. Its like mistaking a piece of paper for food and water. In the past there was no money, in other countries the currency has a different value, but then some people get carried away and think money has no importance because it doesnt mean the same thing as ABUNDANCE. Well in this society money is somewhat neccessary and to have a bad relationship with it may be somewhat foolish and limit ones abundance.

So its more of a matter of What do I want in life? If money was no object.

For me at the moment. I want to have a lot of free time, I want to feel free, and unbounded by other peoples rules, and waking up at a certain time, I want a little bit of safety, to live somewhere where there is nice nature, people etc, maybe to go travelling, to develop my creativity/art/entrepreneurship/shamanism/Tao etc lol for further plans.

If I said my goal was to simply get more money, I would focus on getting more money, but hmm I dont know.

To me abundance also means having the things I want, ( no not in some spoilt person way (whatever that means?) but I dont want to have to stress and save and skip out on the things I ACTUALLY WANT TO BUY WITH THE MONEY, so I can have money? Sounds kinda illogical to me?

I have been using a few methods to work with abundance I.e Visualisation, Deleting weaknesses and emotions with the healing codes, Yuen Method, Deleting and changing memories related to abundance, finance, struggle, in this life, past/future lifes, ancestors, Watching you tube videos where they have binaural beats, and just flash money constantly (sort of improves your feelings towards money) or related to abundance.

Now in one day one may notice very slight changes, but in a year, one can completely change their thoughts, and emotions on the subject, one CAN struggle and fight against their subconscious feelings and thoughts, but battling is IMO unneccessary and perhaps very difficult, emotions, thoughts, affect behaviours and actions which affect results, it also affects the law of attraction/manifestation (whatever word/phrase you wanna use) that stuff is definately real though.

A lot of people think the more you work the more money you should make, well coca-cola slaves in Bolivia work 16 hours a day for like 10 $ or something, and some Billionaires hire others to do their work?

Some people like to struggle their way to success, I prefer to go with the flow, use my intuition and take inspired action, sure I could be a bit more aggressive and take more action and am working on developing this but clever work/smart work is much more important than hard work IMO but one shouldnt devalue either.

So yeh.

I could of, and maybe in the future may charge for sharing this kind of information/techniques, I see no reason why not, because it is extremely valuable information, and if one feels oh you shouldnt charge for this sort of stuff, this is another bad money belief, because it could be more valuable than 2 years in work. Beliefs about greediness, corruption and money etc can definately hinder ones abundance, but at the same time I dont respect respect those things, but try not to judge how other people behave with money, as it hinders my own abundance, and choose to focus on myself. In this society in order for value to be created we have to have some (at least somewhat selfish motivation) which is partly selfish and partly non selfish, like in the future, I would like to build communities, where people learn about these topics/spirituality/creativity and live cheaply, but yet the money motivates me.

Yeh rambling now.

• Like 2

Nice post.

I prefer to think in terms of ABUNDANCE rather than money.

ABUNDANCE is having the things one wants, living a lifestyle that pleases the heart, makes one feel free, safe etc etc.

Money CAN create abundance, but also might not, It MAY also hinder abundance as one is more focused on creating money rather than abundance. To chase money at the expense of ABUNDANCE is foolish imo. Its like mistaking a piece of paper for food and water. In the past there was no money, in other countries the currency has a different value, but then some people get carried away and think money has no importance because it doesnt mean the same thing as ABUNDANCE. Well in this society money is somewhat neccessary and to have a bad relationship with it may be somewhat foolish and limit ones abundance.

So its more of a matter of What do I want in life? If money was no object.

For me at the moment. I want to have a lot of free time, I want to feel free, and unbounded by other peoples rules, and waking up at a certain time, I want a little bit of safety, to live somewhere where there is nice nature, people etc, maybe to go travelling, to develop my creativity/art/entrepreneurship/shamanism/Tao etc lol for further plans.

If I said my goal was to simply get more money, I would focus on getting more money, but hmm I dont know.

To me abundance also means having the things I want, ( no not in some spoilt person way (whatever that means?) but I dont want to have to stress and save and skip out on the things I ACTUALLY WANT TO BUY WITH THE MONEY, so I can have money? Sounds kinda illogical to me?

I have been using a few methods to work with abundance I.e Visualisation, Deleting weaknesses and emotions with the healing codes, Yuen Method, Deleting and changing memories related to abundance, finance, struggle, in this life, past/future lifes, ancestors, Watching you tube videos where they have binaural beats, and just flash money constantly (sort of improves your feelings towards money) or related to abundance.

Now in one day one may notice very slight changes, but in a year, one can completely change their thoughts, and emotions on the subject, one CAN struggle and fight against their subconscious feelings and thoughts, but battling is IMO unneccessary and perhaps very difficult, emotions, thoughts, affect behaviours and actions which affect results, it also affects the law of attraction/manifestation (whatever word/phrase you wanna use) that stuff is definately real though.

A lot of people think the more you work the more money you should make, well coca-cola slaves in Bolivia work 16 hours a day for like 10 $ or something, and some Billionaires hire others to do their work?

Some people like to struggle their way to success, I prefer to go with the flow, use my intuition and take inspired action, sure I could be a bit more aggressive and take more action and am working on developing this but clever work/smart work is much more important than hard work IMO but one shouldnt devalue either.

So yeh.

I could of, and maybe in the future may charge for sharing this kind of information/techniques, I see no reason why not, because it is extremely valuable information, and if one feels oh you shouldnt charge for this sort of stuff, this is another bad money belief, because it could be more valuable than 2 years in work. Beliefs about greediness, corruption and money etc can definately hinder ones abundance, but at the same time I dont respect respect those things, but try not to judge how other people behave with money, as it hinders my own abundance, and choose to focus on myself. In this society in order for value to be created we have to have some (at least somewhat selfish motivation) which is partly selfish and partly non selfish, like in the future, I would like to build communities, where people learn about these topics/spirituality/creativity and live cheaply, but yet the money motivates me.

Yeh rambling now.

great post, SkyDog!

Thanks for contributing!

Money is just a method of value exchange. Thats it.

You spend your time doing things for people so they give you money that supposedly equals the value you gave/ created.

Does it? Often times not.

Should you charge money to teach people what you know? Sure. I would ask your self if you add value to their lives. If so, then charge!

People also seem to value things they pay for more then if it was free.

Which is crazy.

Just because we pay does not mean its worth much.

On the topic of self-ishness....whats wrong with that?

You are your self. You can only be your self. Taking care of your self, loving your self is a foundation of your existence.

Loving our selves has gotten a bad reputation, confused for arrogance, which it is not. It is self love. Compassion.

Focusing on abundance is a wonderful thing! Each of us must decide what we want. Do we want allot of stuff? Do we want a simple life?

Letting go of the pain within us is incredibly powerful.

Peace!

• Like 1

great post, SkyDog!

Thanks for contributing!

Money is just a method of value exchange. Thats it.

You spend your time doing things for people so they give you money that supposedly equals the value you gave/ created.

Does it? Often times not.

Should you charge money to teach people what you know? Sure. I would ask your self if you add value to their lives. If so, then charge!

People also seem to value things they pay for more then if it was free.

Which is crazy.

Just because we pay does not mean its worth much.

On the topic of self-ishness....whats wrong with that?

You are your self. You can only be your self. Taking care of your self, loving your self is a foundation of your existence.

Loving our selves has gotten a bad reputation, confused for arrogance, which it is not. It is self love. Compassion.

Focusing on abundance is a wonderful thing! Each of us must decide what we want. Do we want allot of stuff? Do we want a simple life?

Letting go of the pain within us is incredibly powerful.

Peace!

yerp, we think alike my friend.

Money is a great allegory for consciousness...

It is the shared idea of a subjective experience.

Cash is the idea of value manifested as an object.

• Like 2

Money is a great allegory for consciousness...

It is the shared idea of a subjective experience.

Cash is the idea of value manifested as an object.

Wonderful point! Tis true, most paradigms are geared toward an objective experience within our subjective one.

Trying to take a subjective, internal experience and find reasons that its not internal. That, if other people "see" it, it must be true.

As you say, SilentThunder, Cash is the idea of value manifested as an object. In form.

A common problem is focusing so much on the money, we lose sight of the things we want it for.

There are many ways to get things, without having to spend so much time on money. Sometimes, faster and easier ways to reach the goals appear when we let go of the idea of having to have money.

Interesting world we live in.

Peace

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this